Size of staterooms on Britannia

Elviex

Thanks will do, although in my duplicate post (haven't worked out yet how to delete a post!) someone replied to say they did check and they look on the "compact" side...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks for the link, I hadn't realised Britannia was equivalent to the Princess.

The decor will be different, and the 'themes' - of bars, lounges, restaurants, etc - will be different, but in all the basic, hardware fundamentals, they'll be the same. P&O have been claiming that Britannia is being designed for a British clientele but I feel pretty sure that's just the decor and features I've already mentioned. At the moment P&O are still being very coy about Britannia's public deck layout - the only deck plans available at the moment are for the accommodation decks - but I'll be very surprised if they're significantly different from the Princess ships. We already know, for example, that the midships access shaft does *not* include a staircase to the accommodation decks, just the same as the Princess pair, and that was a point which has raised a lot of ire on the Princess forums and which many people hoped would be changed on Britannia. It hasn't happened.

The decor will be different, and the 'themes' - of bars, lounges, restaurants, etc - will be different, but in all the basic, hardware fundamentals, they'll be the same. P&O have been claiming that Britannia is being designed for a British clientele but I feel pretty sure that's just the decor and features I've already mentioned. At the moment P&O are still being very coy about Britannia's public deck layout - the only deck plans available at the moment are for the accommodation decks - but I'll be very surprised if they're significantly different from the Princess ships. We already know, for example, that the midships access shaft does *not* include a staircase to the accommodation decks, just the same as the Princess pair, and that was a point which has raised a lot of ire on the Princess forums and which many people hoped would be changed on Britannia. It hasn't happened.

Well the suites are different. No big suites on Britannia as on RP.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi all,

Again there are a lot of assumptions being made!

“daiB” has identified that the suites appear different between the “Royal Princess/Regal Princess” and the “Britannia” and they are.

There will no doubt be some similarities in areas as the naval architecture between the ships is the same, but the fitting out is different. This means that there will be differences in cabins and public areas.

As an example, consider the cost comparison of the aft facing cabins on “Britannia” against those on “Royal Princess”. On “Britannia”, both the suites and balcony cabins on decks “A and G” are cheaper than those on decks “B, C, D, E and F” and they have a different specification. This is not the same as those on the “Royal Princess”, however, the reason according to P&O is their proximity to public areas. This will no doubt allow P&O, a get out of jail card if there are complaints about noise and privacy from those stern facing cabins on “A and G decks”.

Personally I can see no difference as on the “Royal Princess” the “Horizon Terrace” is immediately above what would be the equivalent of “A Deck” and the “Vista Lounge” is directly below what would be equivalent to “G Deck”.

I asked Carnival to explain why there was this difference, but they stick to the party line and state that “the ships are different”!!

On Britannia there are 27 cabins on Lido deck compared with 64 on royal Princess. Maybe the resulting vast empty spaces will be filled with the Crows Nest and wedding chapel etc etc. the latter are on riviera deck on royal but replaced with 10 cabins on Britannia.

There appears to be a lot of downsizing of outside cabins on Britannia making room for a lot more insides. I am sure they have managed to find room for the 37 lost cabins on Lido deck.

Does anyone know the size of the staterooms on Britannia or where I can check this out?

I asked my P & O Rep when I was deciding which stateroom to go for he said the standard inside rooms were about 160ftSq and the larger internal rooms were 170ft sq. Hope that helps. sorry no info on suites or balcony rooms

I asked my P & O Rep when I was deciding which stateroom to go for he said the standard inside rooms were about 160ftSq and the larger internal rooms were 170ft sq. Hope that helps. sorry no info on suites or balcony rooms

Hi classy1, we are also pre registered for this cruise along with the cruise prior sailing out to the Caribbean on 23rd October 2015.We are on for 29 days,might see you on board.

Pat