Resort to meet up with friends not on our ship

SamboniMan

Hi all,

We have some friends who will be in Roatan the day we are there with our cruise. They aren't very familiar with the resorts so I said I would post...

We would like to meet them at a resort with a day pass. There will be three kids (11,10,8) and 5 adults.

We would like to be able to snorkel off the beach if at all possible.

Please give me some suggestions on where we can meet our friends for a wonderful day at the beach.

Thank you, in advance!

You would probably be best going to West Bay beach.. As far as resorts with day passes , I believe Mayan Princess offers one.. I believe all inclusive is around $65 for adults..If you do not need a pool you are better off just renting beach chairs and shade for $10 PP as we did at Argentine Grill on West Bay Beach and pay as you go for food and drink. Most everything is in walking distance along West Bay. Tabyana is at the far end where there is good shore snorkeling, not sure about day passes there. Banannarama offers beach breaks also. Photo from Argentine grill.

SANY2343.jpg

photo sharing sites

You'll be in Coxen Hole. Find out where they are staying. I'd suggest one of the places on West Bay. Bananarama has cruise packages, not sure how they apply to non-cruisers. Mayan Princess used to offer day passes. I heard they stopped or regulated day folks to limited sections.

As access to the beaches are free and it's basically one long beach on West Bay, I'd suggest you just head for one of the restaurants like Fosters West Bay and once there, hang out on the beach, grab some lunch, hire a small boat to snorkel up to the reef in the West End away from the crowds. Fosters does cater somewhat to cruise passengers. I don't know their charges. But it's pretty open for use of restaurant etc. You can google them and then contact the resort.

I would also check out Maya Key. It's an island so it's sure to be easy to find each other. The only way to get there is by cruise ship booking, so check and see if both ships offer this tour. You definitely wouldn't be disappointed. So many things to do there all included in the price. The snorkeling there is simply AMAZING. It also included your meal. I have a complete review with TONS of pictures located in my signature line if you are interested. It's money well spent. :)

Thanks for the advice everyone. Still working on it...

They are staying in a condo for the week.

If they are in a condo they will probably be unable to go to Maya Key.

Will they have a car rental, or will they be dependent on taxis? Do you know where the condo is located?

Thanks for the advice everyone. Still working on it...

They are staying in a condo for the week.

Find out exactly where their condo is. I'd think it would be on a beach. There are condo resorts on West Bay. And that's where you can walk in snorkel. Great fun!

Edited by eandj