NCL-you really let us down!

"JJ"

Thanks biker@sea for the customer relations number--I will call them tomorrow. Both yesterday and today asked to and spoke with a "supervisor" and was told they are "checking in to it". I specifically booked this cabin on the Epic sailing May 11th, and it is listed my reservation. Assumed they could not move you unless OKd by passenger. I appreciate everyone's concern and will keep you posted. Thanks!

Was the move to a higher category cabin? You can be upgraded without notification unless you marked your booking as "No upgrades".

You can be upgraded without notification unless you marked your booking as "No upgrades".

This was actually something I didn't know at all. If that is the case there would be no difference with choosing your cabin or getting it cheaper with a GTY.

And I've never seen any place that you could mark your booking "no upgrades", where in the booking process is this noted.

Wow I would be livid, if they moved me from one section of the ship to another. I choose my cabin carefully for many reasons. There are very few things that would get me to cancel my booking and never sail with them again, but this is one of them.

Something is definitely missing here. It wasnt a GTY. Its not an HC cabin.

There are other corners available on that sailing... The move was a down grade...

A Big piece of information is missing here... ;)

Something is definitely missing here. It wasnt a GTY. Its not an HC cabin.

There are other corners available on that sailing... The move was a down grade...

A Big piece of information is missing here... ;)

I agree. We haven't had the full story since the beginning so something is missing here. As Demonyte said, B1 is the top category in balconies so you can't be upgraded to a midship balcony, that would be a downgrade.

Hope it works out for the OP but we may never know the full story.

Edited by B6ConMe
misspelling

I agree. We haven't had the full story since the beginning so something is missing here. As Demonyte said, B1 is the top category in balconies so you can't be upgraded to a midship balcony, that would be a downgrade.

Hope it works out for the OP but we may never know the full story.

I'm thinking maybe it's a midship minisuite, which we all know is really a downgrade from what was originally booked, despite how NCL categorizes it's cabins. I'm interested to find out.

I'm thinking maybe it's a midship minisuite, which we all know is really a downgrade from what was originally booked, despite how NCL categorizes it's cabins. I'm interested to find out.

It still seems odd though if there are other corner balconies available. Why upgrade this one?

To me mid ship is not an upgrade from aft

I never knew your cabin could be changed without your consent unless you are ina HC cabin and some one needs it

Either way I thought they move you up or lateral not down

Would be interesting to hear the out come

The corners are the best though. Much bigger.

I am not an Epic expert, but I was in a corner aft on Epic. Deck 13 starboard, IIRC. Ours did not seem "much bigger" than the other afts on that deck. Which corner afts are "much bigger"?

Something similar happened to us last month. Not this bad, but similar. They were trying to downgrade our Mini Suite Guarantee to a Balcony 2 days before our sailing. Long story short, after having our TA get in touch with them that this was unacceptable they put us back in the MS.

Good luck.

I am not an Epic expert, but I was in a corner aft on Epic. Deck 13 starboard, IIRC. Ours did not seem "much bigger" than the other afts on that deck. Which corner afts are "much bigger"?

Deck 11 is definitely "much bigger". We were in a corner and had the kids in the balcony next to ours. Ours was "much bigger" than theirs. Can't speak for other decks.

Edited by SissasMomE

The corner afts which have slightly larger balconies are on decks 8, 9, 10, and 11. The cabins themselves appear to be the same as the other afts.

Edited by punkincc

Deck 11 is definitely "much bigger". We were in a corner and had the kids in the balcony next to ours. Ours was "much bigger" than theirs. Can't speak for other decks.

In case anyone is interested - the regular aft facing cabins have 2 chairs and a table. Our corner had 2 lounges, 1 chair (easily could have fit 2) and a table. It was much bigger than our kids who were next door to us. Definitely grab one if you can.

Did you book anything online? We just had ths happen for our upcoming getaway cruise. We had our balcony room booked for months. I went online to book a shore excursion. Then went to check my edocs and it had changed to a balc gty. I had my TA get involved and they said something about the system noticed we had 3 in our room and the roomshould have been dbl not triple so it just cganged it , we never even received notice. Worked out in our favir tho cuz we got upgraded from a BA to a B1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Forums mobile app

OP, so you didn't book a gty cabin, you have a written conformation and they just upped and moved you: boy, I have heard a lot of stories, but not this one. Yes, please keep us posted, something is just not right here. good luck!!!

I didn't think the OP answered that question about whether they booked a GTY. If they did, this story would make far more sense to me.

Edited by che5904

I didn't think the OP answered that question about whether they booked a GTY. If they did, this story would make far more sense to me.

She/he said they have a I have the written confirmation with stateroom number- they don't send a new confirmation after they assign a guarantee AFAIK.

She/he said they have a I have the written confirmation with stateroom number- they don't send a new confirmation after they assign a guarantee AFAIK.

There are multiple other reasons when NCL would send a new confirmation, one can't do any assumptions based on that.

As I said earlier, there simply are too many pieces missing from the puzzle (because OP hasn't provided them or answered to any followup questions) in order to make any conclusions about what has happened.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong message at first.

Edited by Demonyte

The OP said they booked early to secure a corner aft. I don't think you get gtys in that category do you? (I've never booked a gty so don't know what are available usually).

I agree and I did read that but since people actually do not always write things the same way. The OP was asked this question and did not respond yet.

Written confirmation can be also interpreted as, the cabin was assigned and was on their edocs and they printed it.

Secured a corner aft, could be that when they booked a GTY early, they were actually assigned that and then it changed.

Personally I'm still waiting for the answer from some of the other posters as to where I find this magic "no not upgrade" in my booking process. I've never seen it.

Edited by che5904

Personally I'm still waiting for the answer from some of the other posters as to where I find this magic "no not upgrade" in my booking process. I've never seen it.

It can be added as a note to the booking by NCL if asked, there is no checkbox anywhere that you could click yourself.

The OP said they booked early to secure a corner aft. I don't think you get gtys in that category do you? (I've never booked a gty so don't know what are available usually).

No, and they are usually the first to go because of the desireable location. I think the OP meant to say he was upgraded to a MS. That's the only thing that makes sense, although it's not an upgrade by any means!

Guys, spending the morning on hold, again, on the phone with NCL. Most of you have been very supportive and I greatly appreciate that! FYI, this aft balcony cabin was specifically booked, cabin # on my original reservation document, not a guarantee to cabin category only. Yes they call it an upgrade to be moved to a mini-suite mid ship, not to us however! Will let you know an update when I have it. In the meantime, if you have a reservation, I would indeed try to mark it "do not upgrade", we did not since never in our wildest dreams did we think they would do that without any contact to us!

Edited by "JJ"

Guys, spending the morning on hold, again, with NCL. Most of you have been very supportive and I greatly appreciate that! FYI, this aft balcony cabin was specifically booked, cabin # on my original reservation document. Yes they

call it an upgrade to be moved to a mini-suite mid ship, not to us however!

Will let you know an update when I have it. In the meantime, if you have a

reservation, I would indeed try to mark it "do not upgrade", we did not since never in our wildest dreams did we think they would do that without any contact to us.

I hope they hurry up and give you your aft back! :)