Trying to book but the website is acting funky

Anyone else having problems with the website today? I pick a cruise and a date and try to continue to room selection and it just bumps back to the same screen. Maybe the kids sale free sale has crashed the booking engine.

It has been like that for me for the past 2 hours.

I was looking at several different cruises this morning and tried to go look at another one when it started doing that. I tried several different browsers, all with the same result.

I also went to another part of the site to look at a reservation I have and it just said something like "We are unable to access your reservation at this time".

Looks like their computer system is having major issues right now.

Anyone else having problems with the website today? I pick a cruise and a date and try to continue to room selection and it just bumps back to the same screen. Maybe the kids sale free sale has crashed the booking engine.

Exactly the same experience here the last couple hours. Strangely, the cruise I was looking at has actually gone DOWN in price over the couple hours I've been trying, just can't reserve/book it!

Have you tried calling if you want to book a cruise - I wouldn't wait for the dang website if I were that excited!

Won't pull my reservation either. I've been having various issues with the site for a couple of days.

Exactly the same experience here the last couple hours. Strangely, the cruise I was looking at has actually gone DOWN in price over the couple hours I've been trying, just can't reserve/book it!

Thats the reason I have been trying to book this morning. The cruise I have been watching is showing a price drop as well. I have a feeling when they get it straightened out I will no longer see that price drop! :(

Have you tried calling if you want to book a cruise - I wouldn't wait for the dang website if I were that excited!

Won't pull my reservation either. I've been having various issues with the site for a couple of days.

Agree - calling, probably to C&A, would be the best right now - except in another thread they have said that the system is even down for the RCI agents right now, so it sounds like no one can book right now, via any method! Royal IT, gotta love it! :o

FYI - Apparently the RCCL website once again is not functioning properly so they are performing maintenance right now. Tried to book some items for my upcoming cruise next week and the reservations are effected by this.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

FYI - Apparently the RCCL website once again is not functioning properly so they are performing maintenance right now. Tried to book some items for my upcoming cruise next week and the reservations are effected by this.

Existing thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2003952

Edited by clarea

Yeah, I was wondering why I just kept hitting refresh and nothing was happening.

Here is the message I got

Important Update

We are currently experiencing an unexpected downtime. This downtime is impacting some areas of the website, including reservations, Online Check-in, and Pre-Cruise Planner.

We are working diligently to resolve the issue as quickly as possible and appreciate your patience.

Thank you and we apologize for any inconvenience.

This is apparently so common, I don't know why people continue to even post about it here..............

Maybe we should start threads to announce when it's actually working properly.

Edited by bouhunter