I'm Very Surprised to Have Just Read this About the New Menu Rollout......

Phlybice

Im good either way they do this. While I find this new menu different from what Im used to, I see lots of things I would like to try, but there are also lots on the existing menu that I would be sorry to see go. either way I will be fine, and will continue to enjoy the MDR for dinner.

Over the years though, Carnival has made changes to the menus gradually, by adding new dishes here and there, and some quietly and gradually being gone, so I wonder if they will decide that that is the better way to go with change, and that the new american table menu, is too big a change to roll out quickly. Maybe and maybe not. Guess we will have to wait and see.

Well I hope they tweak the B & B back as well as Creme brûlée and Grand Mariner soufflé.

I did notice on the latest review of Liberty that there were some minor changes from menus originally posted. Hope they keep tweaking and in time for my May Liberty cruise!!!!

Hoping they will keep the cold soups too. Strawberry and Cherry will be missed!

Copyofth_Carnival-VIFP-Platinum_zps41db4d4e1_zps02e438c7.jpg

Sorry if this has already been discussed, but I can't help but wonder why Carnival would promote the new menu without plans for roll-out soon. I literally received a promo mailer from Carnival yesterday, saying that this year will bring new menu options (American Table and American Feast) to their fleet. Honestly, the menu option isn't too important to me, but mailing out things like this seems misleading.

Not really sure why everyone has their panties in a wad here........the purpose of the rollout is to test the new dining concepts before taking them fleet wide. It sounds like Carnival realizes that the new menu is not ready to go fleet wide yet. They will continue to serve the new menu on a limited number of ships and continue to gather feedback from the diners and make changes until they get a menu that they think will appeal to the broadest majority of cruisers.

That said I'm going on the Liberty in July and have no fears of going hungry in the dining room. I've been eating the same Carnival food for 10 years now.......I look forward to trying some new items.

If you are afraid of the new menu then don't go on the ships that are testing them out. It's that simple

I am glad that they are obviously taking feedback into consideration and are making some changes before expanding the roll out. I look forward to having the "old" menus on my cruise on the Dream in May. I like the Bitter and Blanc dessert. :)

Now...if they'd hear the feedback about the DJ stinking especially when he's BLASTING noise....

Now...if they'd hear the feedback about the DJ stinking especially when he's BLASTING noise....

On the post cruise survey I received I made sure to mention how upset I was with the elimination of cold fruit soups, creme brûlée and b&b

On the post cruise survey I received I made sure to mention how upset I was with the elimination of cold fruit soups, creme brûlée and b&b

I've never had any of them on previous cruises and now I want to try them to see what all the fuss is about. :( Just sailed with the new menu. I did like almost all of the dessert we had.

I hope they bring the crème brûlée back.

My #1 favorite

It seemed like ALL of my very most favorites were gone.

As long as there is food who cares?

I do - I paid for it and I want food I'd be willing to pay for at home. A lot of the new menu I would NEVER order at a restaurant at home. It is supposed to be a bit above O'Charlie's! (They have free pie every Wednesday). I would NEVER order pie. I grew up eating only homemade pies and wouldn't waste the calories on a frozen pie! Eating on a cruise is supposed to be a bit nice!

I think the stink is basically over two things -

1 - They took off many favorites and 2 - it seems like they cut back on quality – made it less special.