Hot tubs not hot!

realnurse2

Just returned from 2 weeks on the Ryndam. Had a very nice time but was disappointed at how " cool " the hot tubs were. Didn't do anything for my aches and pains and noticed not too many people using them after they discovered this. Have they temperatures been adjusted on the hottubs in general or is just a fluke to be rectified in drydock?

Just returned from 2 weeks on the Ryndam. Had a very nice time but was disappointed at how " cool " the hot tubs were. Didn't do anything for my aches and pains and noticed not too many people using them after they discovered this. Have they temperatures been adjusted on the hottubs in general or is just a fluke to be rectified in drydock?

When I was on the Zaandam this year, we had an opposite problem with the pool. It was so hot we were unable to swim. It was way hotter than a hot tub. we talked to the pool staff and it was corrected. This is what you should have done. Can't be fixed if they don't know.

Every day was an adventure on our 21 days on Noordam...something different every day with the hot tubs. The pool was great all 21 days. But the hot tubs ranged from colder than the pool, to probably 102 deg F. Talked to everyone I could, some upward improvement as the cruise progressed, but nothing consistent.

Found someone's room key in the tub one morning.

Also witnessed an older gentleman have a medical emergency in one of the tubs.

Edited by CruiserBruce

:(

I was on this same cruise & I agree that the so-called 'hot tubs' were "cool" I only used them once & didn't complain about the water temperature to anyone! Perhaps the water temperature needs to be 'reset' every morning when the hot tubs are refilled! :D Also, on this cruise, french fries, although listed on the daily lunch menu in the Lido, were not visible behind the counter in a container & in fact, had to be made to order, on request! :confused: I think that it was an issue involving (lack of) space! :( I'll be writing a (positive) review of this cruise in the near future. ;)

I was on this same cruise & I agree that the so-called 'hot tubs' were "cool" I only used them once & didn't complain about the water temperature to anyone! Perhaps the water temperature needs to be 'reset' every morning when the hot tubs are refilled! :D Also, on this cruise, french fries, although listed on the daily lunch menu in the Lido, were not visible behind the counter in a container & in fact, had to be made to order, on request! :confused: I think that it was an issue involving (lack of) space! :( I'll be writing a (positive) review of this cruise in the near future. ;)

Looking forward to your review.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I am so lucky on my upcoming Oosterdam cruise. If even one of the hot tubs is on the cool side I will be one happy woman.

I love to sit in the hot tubs, but I can't stand feeling like a tea bag when I do. It's better for my health if the hot tub is close to body temperature, so what you're describing sounds perfect.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that I am so lucky on my upcoming Oosterdam cruise. If even one of the hot tubs is on the cool side I will be one happy woman.

I love to sit in the hot tubs, but I can't stand feeling like a tea bag when I do. It's better for my health if the hot tub is close to body temperature, so what you're describing sounds perfect.

A lot of industry standards and health codes say a hot tub should be between 102 and 104 degrees F. Body temp is not a "hot tub".

They were heating the hot tub!

The United States Public Health Service does not only monitor cleanliness of galleys on ships.

They also have a lot to say about Swimming Pools, Jacuzzis, and Hot Tubs on ships.

In recent years they have set limits on high temperatures in hot tubs and jacuzzis.

The claim is that higher temperatures cause more heart attacks, and increase the chance of legionella infections.

The cruise lines have complied.

You may also have noticed that the volume of bubbles in jacuzzis on ships has been reduced.

USPH claims that excessive bubbles also encourages legionella infection.

Crusie lines have been advised to reduce or stop bubbles in jacuzzis and hot tubs.

Your tax dollars at work............................