celebrity eclipse questions

raybigblue

Hi first time on celebrity cruises ,eclipse out of fort lauderdale in 1 months time ,can i ask previous cruiser,s some questions please

1/ are plug sockets all american pin in cabins ?

2/can someone remember prices in dollars for speciality resteraunts ?

3/do they do a all you can fill laundry bag each week as per other cruise lines ?

many thanks in advance:)

Cabin outlets, Solstice class:

BG-2.jpg

Depending on your loyalty level, there may be a coupon for 'all you can fill' bag, or it may be a limit of 20-30 items.

Can't help with restaurants. EM

Edited by Essiesmom

1. The bathroom has one American socket for shavers. The desk area has both American and Euopean sockets.

2. Bistro on 5 is $5. Others are $40-45 but discounts are readily available. There was one lunch offered in Tuscan for $25.

3. Neither the 8 Feb nor the 22 Feb cruises offered laundry specials. Unless you have some comparable status from Royal Caribbean, you will not have any loyalty status that could provide you any laundry offers.

Edited by cruisestitch

Hi first time on celebrity cruises ,eclipse out of fort lauderdale in 1 months time ,can i ask previous cruiser,s some questions please

3/do they do a all you can fill laundry bag each week as per other cruise lines ?

Just one socket at the desk that is 220v so you would either need a power strip with adapter to plug in all your UK appliances or just an adapter to plug in one appliance at a time.

Tuscan grill was $35 and the dinner was terrific! The others are $45. We were on the Feb. 8 cruise so would be happy to answer questions. We had laundry coupons (elite, 30 items each) . They did a very good job and had neatly folder tops, shorts, etc. it is well with it even if you don't have a coupon. Enjoy!

OK -- I know you didn't ask this specifically -- but it is "laundry-related". ;)

Unlike most other ships, Celebrity's Solstice class (including Eclipse) does NOT have any sort of retractable clothesline in the shower (or suite tubs). If you are thinking about rinsing out/hanging up bathing suits or underwear, you might want to bring a small length of cord, or a portable clothesline. :cool:

Edited by wwcruisers

Are you sailing on Eclipse on 5 April, if so we have an active roll call going if you would like to join us

here is the link you need:

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1628660

We just got off the Eclipse today. Depending on your loyalty level laundry is available. For us it was all we could fit in a bag for $20. It didn't have an item limit. If you roll up each item you can fit quite a bit in a bag. We used the service twice and the laundry was returned neatly folded. I don't know if the fill a bag offer was available to all guests. We are Celebrity Select and I know Elite gets 1 free bag per cruise.

As the poster showed above there are three plugs at the desk. If your appliances are dual voltage you can take along the appropriate adapter and use all three plugs.

Storage hint: The cabins do not have a lot of drawer space. The life jackets are under the bed in a wire bin. I take them out of the bin and use the bin for under bed storage of clothing etc. Also the walls are magnetic in all cabins. I take along some heavy duty magnets and use them as extra hooks on the walls.

Everyone else has adequately addressed the other things you asked about so I will take a crack at this one above.

The specialty restaurants range from $5 to $45. There is usually a high tea in Murano that is $25. (make reservations early it was popular on my cruise and we got bumped from the one we wanted to the last one on another day)

I would not book specialty dining in advance as there are too many deals to be had on board. Even simply asking the maitre d' you can get some decent discounts and they get an added commission to their paycheck for booking it for you. On our cruise friends and I used ours to book because we appreciated her added attention to us and that way she got something extra as well.