All Access Tour of the ship???

It was awesome! We did it in sept on the oasis!

It was the Last tour of the criuse and they actually let us keep the lanyard and backstage pass as a souvenir!!!

It was 3 hours long and u had to wear pants and real shoes.

You went thru I-95, the bridge, control room, engine room, staff buffet area, staff exercise room, staff barbershop, laundry area, kitchen and heliport area!!!

Well worth the $150. And if you want to do it make sure to book the minute u get on the ship because they only take 60 people total. 15 people each tour!

It was the Last tour of the criuse and they actually let us keep the lanyard and backstage pass as a souvenir!!!

You went thru I-95, the bridge, control room, engine room, staff buffet area, staff exercise room, staff barbershop, laundry area, kitchen and heliport area!!!

Well worth the $150. And if you want to do it make sure to book the minute u get on the ship because they only take 60 people total. 15 people each tour!

Forgot to add the tour also had the Aqua Theater (front and behind the scenes)

Where do you reserve this? I would love to do it. Well worth $300 for dh and I! We are staying in a JS. Does that do anything?

It will be advertised on board.... you can enquire at Guest Services after boarding to find out when it will be offered.... it's worth checking early as numbers are restricted.

We've done it on Mariner and Freedom. For the Freedom cruise last October, we found that one of the specialty dining packages included the all access tour and 2 nights in the restaurants. For Mariner, it was advertised on board. I posted some pictures on Flickr -

I did this on the on the Liberty. It was interesting, but they do not take you to the engine room. They take you to the engine control room.

To me it was not worth the $150 per person. At $75 it might have been though.

Pictures here: http://pblq.com/bts.html

Reed

On our Mariner cruise all access tour, they took us to the Engine room. There are some pictures in this photo set -

Where do you reserve this? I would love to do it. Well worth $300 for dh and I! We are staying in a JS. Does that do anything?

Right when you get on board go right to guest services and have them put you on the list. Only 60 people total.

You might want to pick the finally tour available I think it's last day. You'll get to do your tour as slow as you like and no rush. Plus it's pretty awesome to get to go in a few of the storage coolers and see how much food and beverages are actually left on last day. They tell you that on first day everything is right to top of the ceiling and only enough room to walk thru cooler from front to back turned sideways!

Very awesome tour!

Maybe they will let you keep your lanyard and backstage tour passes that you wear for the 3 hours as souvenirs!!!

Edited by thjeepster

Right when you get on board go right to guest services and have them put you on the list. Only 60 people total.

You might want to pick the finally tour available I think it's last day. You get to do your as slow as you like and no rush. Plus it's pretty awesome to get to go in a few of the storage coolers and see how much food and beverages are actually left on last day. They tell you that on first day everything is right to top of the ceiling and only enough room to walk thru cooler from front to back turned sideways!

Very awesome tour!

Maybe they will let you keep your lanyard and backstage tour passes that you wear for the 3 hours as souvenirs!!!

We were given our passes, a baseball cap and a really useful bag as souvenirs on Freedom

IMG_1743.jpg

We were given our passes, a baseball cap and a really useful bag as souvenirs on Freedom

IMG_1743.jpg

On Oasis in Sept. we got nothing...only reason we got to keep our backstage pass and lanyard was because we got wet during the heliport part of the tour

Must be nice to get all those extra things!!!

Sorry, the JS does not get you a bridge tour, unless you are Diamond Plus with Crown & Anchor.

I did this on Allure, and it was worth it! Be aware, you do a lot of climbing the behind the scenes crew stairs, which are more like ladders -- steep and narrow. People with mobility issues could not have managed. It includes the engine control room, not the engine room. We also got the lanyard, pass, and bag to keep. We got to places we never would have seen otherwise (and I've been to the bridge numerous times).

We died ours on the Monarch which had a reduced rate of $75 for the tour and a day into the cruise they advertised a 2for 1 deal. $150 for the 4 of us to do the 3 hour tour with a special lunch at the end. What a great deal. Not sure I'd spend $600 for the four of us though.

We enjoyed it, especially the bridge tour. However, we got nothing like Norbert's Niece at the end, just a glass of champagne. We did get the more expensive tour that was 180 per person and included dinners at Chops and Portofinos.

I would do it again on another ship, absolutely!

Yep, the $150/person price is steep, but my husband and I really enjoyed our tour on the Brilliance of the Seas and it was one of the highlights of our cruise. (We got to meet the captain and talk with him on the bridge which was pretty darn cool.) We looked at it as an excursion to help rationalize the price tag. ;)

We signed up at guest services on embarkation day. I didn't see the tour advertised in the Cruise Compass, but knew about it because of Cruise Critic. Also offered was another option where you could tour either the bridge or the engine control room for $50/person.

We both received tour swag-- All Access tote bags, the pass with lanyard and aprons. :D

My husband really wanted to do this on the Oasis and since we saved $400 due to a price drop, I figured, "why not?" . We went to guest services first thing and were told the tour was cancelled for out sailing due to technical difficulties. A few days later, I received an e- mail informing us of the all access tour (sent to all) I called and they singed us right up???

We enjoyed the tour, but felt we didn't get what we were promised. We didn't see the laundry because it was in use. We didn't see behind the scenes of any shows and we didn't get to see the helipad. All of which were listed on the tour. We complained to guest services and I wrote about it on our comment card, but never heard back from them.

We missed out on the tour on our Oasis cruise.

I just signed up and paid for my wife and I to do this on our Allure cruise. It was available to book online through the pre cruise planner under "on board activities" There were 2 time choices on two different sea days. 9:00 am and 9:20 am. We chose the first day available and the 9:20 slot.

I have read/heard so much about this tour, I hope it's worth the $$$

We will be on the Allure this June and just booked it for DH and myself. At $150 p/p,it is very pricey, but something we have been wanting to do for some time. We booked it online so if you're interested, check to see if online booking is available.

I did this on Voyager of the Seas at the cost of $150. A few people in the group showed up as only paying $100 - maybe it was a suite discount or specialty restaurant package, I don't know.

The tour was done in the morning, with an exclusive morning tea in the MDR to break up the constant walking. Video was allowable throughout the tour except on the Bridge. Photography (no video) was permitted on the Bridge. We got to see/hear/feel the Engine Room from an open door on the I-95. The only negative point I'd say about this specific tour was it did not include a behind the scenes look in Studio B.

Video:

Goodies received consisted of a Lanyard, All Access Tour card, Apron and Hessian Bag. From reading other posts in the thread it sounds like the goodies vary by ship.

1902645206_RCI---9Mar2013---AllAccessTour---BagApron.jpg.89d670dcf70e1e2671b69aa275c99704.jpg

Overall, I found the tour quite enjoyable to do once, despite the cost. I'd consider doing the All Access Tour a 2nd time if ever sailing on an Oasis-class ship, though. Something about the size-difference just sounds like it might offer a different enough All Access Tour experience to Voyager-class.