Anyone know the policy for bringing goodies back from a port?

I'm planning on going to Chocolateria Isla Bella in cozumel, because I heard the chocolates are amazing. I was also thinking about bringing back some Mexican vanilla and authentic soda. Anyone know exactly what can and can not be brought back onto the ship?

Also, any other recommendations of things to get or do while we're in Cozumel?

For the most part as long as whatever your bringing is in a sealed package your good.

I've brought back vanilla before without issue. The bigger problem is if you are flying you have to make sure you pack the vanilla in your check-in luggage if it's over 3oz. I always find the biggest bottles I can since I love the vanilla!

For the most part as long as whatever your bringing is in a sealed package your good.

I've brought back vanilla before without issue. The bigger problem is if you are flying you have to make sure you pack the vanilla in your check-in luggage if it's over 3oz. I always find the biggest bottles I can since I love the vanilla!

I've never had any problem bringing back chocolate goodies etc in unsealed bags from a variety of ports....RCI is concerned about alcohol.

It's more about what you bring "off" the ship. It applies more to fresh produce, plants, agricultural products because of pests and plant diseases. Chocolates are brought back regularly as there are a couple of Belgian chocolate shops in the Caribbean that are well known (St Thomas has one).

I've never had any problem bringing back chocolate goodies etc in unsealed bags from a variety of ports....RCI is concerned about alcohol.

Not just alcohol - we saw people's open rum cakes taken away from them in Cape Liberty after a Bermuda cruise. They actually warned you on the ship not to open them. It's a agriculture/customs rule not to bring opened food back to the country. I guess unless they pull out your package they don't know where you got your chocolate/candy/goodies.

It's more about what you bring "off" the ship. It applies more to fresh produce, plants, agricultural products because of pests and plant diseases. Chocolates are brought back regularly as there are a couple of Belgian chocolate shops in the Caribbean that are well known (St Thomas has one).

Thank you, you explained that better than I did, it's the coming home & bringing them off which can be an issue.