Amazed at Prices on Allure

We ate booked on Allure for September. I think we got a decent deal on our balcony cabin at a little over $2000 for both of us. We would, of course, like an upgrade, so I check prices often. I am astounded at the prices for junior and grand suites. A junior suite (which we had and loved on Freedom last year for about $2500) is priced at almost $6000 for this cruise and a Grand Suite is priced at nearly $8000. I understand that it’s all about supply and demand, but why would anybody pay over twice the price for a slightly bigger cabin with a bathtub (and double points, I know), when you could take one or two more cruises for the same $$. I am not criticizing other’s choices – I am just curious…

We paid $1449 per person for our JS suite for our Allure cruise in October. The price is now $2789 per person for a JS. The price went up right before the 3rd & 4th person free promotion. My Guess is after the promo they will come down again.

[B]We usually always book a JS but I got such a good deal ($1961.14 inc taxes, MTD and less my C&A discount) for a balcony (D5 #6662)) on Oasis for last October I couldn't justify the price difference either...Of course I missed my JS and this was a first balcony for us after sailing for many many years with RCI but loved saving the $$'s...It worked out ($$'s) so well I'm excited to do a balcony again for my upcoming Alaska, Southern Caribbean & Pacific Northwest. ;)[/B]

We too booked a GS on the Allure for July this past September....

The prices WOW, have they increased!!!!

We were able to get 3 price breaks before the promotion, but, I cannot believe the prices now.

Sea Ya

is the 3rd/4th free why the prices are so astronomical? $5000 for a JS 7000 for a GS...20k per persons for RS....:eek:

the absolute highest prices I have ever seen to cruise in my years...for the months we are looking at:(

[quote name='minnie00']is the 3rd/4th free why the prices are so astronomical? $5000 for a JS 7000 for a GS...20k per persons for RS....:eek:

the absolute highest prices I have ever seen to cruise in my years...for the months we are looking at:([/QUOTE]

Yep sounds like our Allure cruise in Oct. kinda sounds like that 2nd & 3rd person really don't sail free! We booked a year ago and had a D1 then the JS came down so we changed to that for $100 more. Now the JS is $1200 more per person then when we booked. Glad I booked when I did.