Questions about cruise documents.

bobbycruiser

Sorry if this is a topic that has been beaten to death but I feel like I am missing something. I know I need a Passport and a drivers license and a credit card to board, but my question is about the NCL edocs. i go into our NCL profile, and click "download edocs." and it takes me to a pdf file with about 9 pages (last 2 are useless pages for future bookings) but is this all the paperwork i need?

Am i correct in thinking that these 7 pages is all I need? There are 2 of us in 1 cabin and there is only 1 barcode on the whole 7 pages? I just feel like I am missing something?

Please help me get my head on straight.

Sorry if this is a topic that has been beaten to death but I feel like I am missing something. I know I need a Passport and a drivers license and a credit card to board, but my question is about the NCL edocs. i go into our NCL profile, and click "download edocs." and it takes me to a pdf file with about 9 pages (last 2 are useless pages for future bookings) but is this all the paperwork i need?

Am i correct in thinking that these 7 pages is all I need? There are 2 of us in 1 cabin and there is only 1 barcode on the whole 7 pages? I just feel like I am missing something?

Please help me get my head on straight.

You only need the page that says "Cruise Ticket" and it doesn't have the barcode. I bring them all along but they only take the one sheet every time. It should have everyone in the cabin listed on it. If you will not be boarding at the same time as others in your cabin, print a copy for each of you.

Edited by peg013

You only need the page that says "Cruise Ticket" and it doesn't have the barcode. I bring them all along but they only take the one sheet every time. It should have everyone in the cabin listed on it. If you will not be boarding at the same time as others in your cabin, print a copy for each of you.

We will both be boarding together. And I will most certainly have every page in that packet with me, but I just felt like there wasn't anything there that was "official" looking. I dont know, I guess I am weird but i feel like a barcode makes things official. Haha

I know I need a Passport and a drivers license and a credit card to board.

Passport & DL? I don't sail often, but have they changed the rules to where I need to bring both?

(I see Lori posted while I was typing ;) )

Edited by mbisson

Also don't forget some cash for a tip for the porters. ($2 per bag is recommended in NY) You do want your luggage to make it onboard. ;)

Yea, we will have that all covered, I usually just throw the guy a 5 for taking both of our bags. And thanx so much for the info......you guys are awesome.

Passport & DL? I don't sail often, but have they changed the rules to where I need to bring both?

(I see Lori posted while I was typing ;) )

Idk, I usually am never asked for more either, but one time I was on the Sky ou of Miami (2012 i believe) and the woman asked for a drivers license as well. I have it on me at all times anyway so it wasn't even a big deal, but it was rather strange.

Idk, I usually am never asked for more either, but one time I was on the Sky ou of Miami (2012 i believe) and the woman asked for a drivers license as well. I have it on me at all times anyway so it wasn't even a big deal, but it was rather strange.

Nope, with a passport have never been asked for a license. (Though I bring one to use as my photo ID while in ports) Can't imagine why the person was asked for a license if she was using a passport.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Edited by mizlorinj

I just printed my cruise docs tonight. You should also have links on that page to download your luggage tag(s) and some discount coupons.

Yea, I got both. I have almost no use for those coupons and I just have the porters tag my luggage since the ones they use at the ports are more sturdy than a printed piece of paper that I would print.

Edited by bobbycruiser

Nope, with a passport have never been asked for a license. (Though I bring one to use as my photo ID while in ports) Can't imagine why the person was asked for a license if she was using a passport.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Cool-I hope you have a great cruise

Actually, you do not even need the cruise docs. You do need that to get past the rent a cop into the terminal building though. I am sure they can get around that.

The people at the counter will look at cruise docs, but what is in the computer is all that matters.

And you surely do not need all those pages of small print that basically say the cruiseline can do whatever they want.

And, if you have a passport, you do NOT need your DL. Most take it, but not required.

Actually, you do not even need the cruise docs. You do need that to get past the rent a cop into the terminal building though. I am sure they can get around that.

The people at the counter will look at cruise docs, but what is in the computer is all that matters.

And you surely do not need all those pages of small print that basically say the cruiseline can do whatever they want.

And, if you have a passport, you do NOT need your DL. Most take it, but not required.

Much appreciated information. Thanks a bunch.

Is a debit credit card ok? I'm assuming it's for the charges onboard. Also where are the coupons? I don't recall seeing those anywhere in my ncl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Is a debit credit card ok? I'm assuming it's for the charges onboard. Also where are the coupons? I don't recall seeing those anywhere in my ncl

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Forums mobile app

Do not use a debit card use credit card only and bring a backup credit card as well

Yea, I got both. I have almost no use for those coupons and I just have the porters tag my luggage since the ones they use at the ports are more sturdy than a printed piece of paper that I would print.

You just take those printed paper tags and cover them in clear contact punch a hole in them and bring ziplock tags to attach them with

If flying you attach after your flight and before the port

Also don't forget some cash for a tip for the porters. ($2 per bag is recommended in NY) You do want your luggage to make it onboard. ;)

Actually you do not need the porters at all. If you are parking at the pier it is very easy to handle your luggage and check it on yourself

Of course you can choose to stop your car before going up the ramp to the lot and open your trunk and give your luggage to the porter who does not work for the cruise line and the porter can move your luggage 20 feet for you and you can tip him

I prefer to check my own luggage in

Actually you do not need the porters at all. If you are parking at the pier it is very easy to handle your luggage and check it on yourself

Of course you can choose to stop your car before going up the ramp to the lot and open your trunk and give your luggage to the porter who does not work for the cruise line and the porter can move your luggage 20 feet for you and you can tip him

I prefer to check my own luggage in

Can you explain how you check your own luggage? We have only done a 2 night CTN on NCL in NYC, so I am just trying to picture how this works for our 7 night cruise this summer. I can remember the porters everywhere, but not anywhere to self check! I would love some advise on this, so I can figure out if it is worth it or not for our family of 6!!

Assume NCL is like any other cruise-line / port - you simply take your bags 6 feet to where the bags are being dropped off and leave them there. No need to tip the guys there as their job is to receive bags at the drop off point.

If you wish to tip somebody to carry your bags 6 feet then feel free.

I honestly can see no point.

Of course if they carry a dozen bags for you a long way, then tip away - but when I have brought them half way across a city, I see no point in getting help for the last 6 feet!