How To Get From FLL port to MIA port?

Jb-lhr

Hello everyone. We need advice please. On March 27 we arrive at FLL port on the Constellation ... AND depart from MIA port on the Azamara Quest TA. Any suggestions? Is a taxi the only alternative? How long is the journey time? What would it cost?

We figured if anyone knew it would be our helpful 'friends' on these boards. Thanks in advance.

John

Dear Wallie5446,

Thanks very much for the quick response! I've been looking through the Florida board and have found nothing specifically answering my question. I'm feeling foolish. What should I search on? Thanks again. John

Dear Wallie5446,

Thanks very much for the quick response! I've been looking through the Florida board and have found nothing specifically answering my question. I'm feeling foolish. What should I search on? Thanks again. John

Glad I can 'try' to help John:)

You will pretty much have to scroll thru the post and click on a few the talk about 'how to get to POM, from FLL' I will find the link to the Co we used last year and get back. They were only $13 pp and we had 10 from our Roll Call use them. There is another thought, go to the a Roll Call for both sailings and ask fellow cruisers.

Here is the link, http://www.gomjstrans.com/ tell Michael you found them on Cruise Critic.

Edited by wallie5446

You can take a cab to the FLL airport for about $15 - from there many of the local shuttle services will take you to POM for about $15 per person: Go Airport Shuttle, SAS (http://www.ridesas.com), QLS, MJS, etc.

A taxi from PE to POM will take about 40-45 minutes and cost (on the meter) about $80+tip depending upon traffic.

Glad I can 'try' to help John:)

You will pretty much have to scroll thru the post and click on a few the talk about 'how to get to POM, from FLL' I will find the link to the Co we used last year and get back. They were only $13 pp and we had 10 from our Roll Call use them. There is another thought, go to the a Roll Call for both sailings and ask fellow cruisers.

Here is the link, http://www.gomjstrans.com/ tell Michael you found them on Cruise Critic.

I never thought of the Roll Calls ... thanks also for the link. I hoped someone would know. Thanks again. John

We were there in Feb. and took the Tri Rail for $5.00/pp. The Tri Rail was easy and relaxing for us. I think it took about 45 min., but don't hold me to that. You will have plenty of time to catch your next ship, since they don't leave until late afternoon. We took a cab to the FLL Airport Tri Rail (which is not actually within the airport), got our tickets from a machine and waited for the next train to come by. We rode as far as we could and then were shuttled via bus (no extra charge) to the MIA airport. From there, you could hail a cab to POM. Not sure of the cost for a cab to POM, but it was a very economical way to get from FFL to Miami for us. The train was clean and comfortable.

Edited by suzzek

Hello everyone. We need advice please. On March 27 we arrive at FLL port on the Constellation ... AND depart from MIA port on the Azamara Quest TA. Any suggestions? Is a taxi the only alternative? How long is the journey time? What would it cost?

We figured if anyone knew it would be our helpful 'friends' on these boards. Thanks in advance.

John

Hi John, QLS and SAS both get recommendations on the Florida board

all the time. I have used SAS several times over the years with good

experiences.

I have read different reviews but I suppose that happens with every

company.

John

Cab fare from Port Everglades to Port of Miami will cost you close to $100 with tip.

You can try a service like SAS for shuttle service(much less $$). Ridesas.com

Hi John,

Quality Limo Service (QLS Transportation) used to run a shuttle service from Port Everglades to the Port of Miami. Their email is info@qualitylimoservice.com and their phone number is 888 757-0021.

Renting a car from Hertz is a good alternative because they have an office near the cruise port in Miami and a free shuttle. Of course that means that you'll have to have nerves of steel to deal with Miami driving.

If you and Paul were staying over, John and I would meet you for dinner and drop you off ourselves. But that's a 7 hour drive for us roundtrip.

Have a great time on the TA.

Toni

Hi John,

Quality Limo Service (QLS Transportation) used to run a shuttle service from Port Everglades to the Port of Miami. Their email is info@qualitylimoservice.com and their phone number is 888 757-0021.

Renting a car from Hertz is a good alternative because they have an office near the cruise port in Miami and a free shuttle. Of course that means that you'll have to have nerves of steel to deal with Miami driving.

If you and Paul were staying over, John and I would meet you for dinner and drop you off ourselves. But that's a 7 hour drive for us roundtrip.

Have a great time on the TA.

Toni

Hello Toni,

It has been entirely too long since we have communicated. As you see, we are, unfortunatley, not staying over. It would have been wonderful to see you both. Hope you are both well. The unusual B2B we are doing sounded like fun when we booked, but is turning into a bit of a planning nightmare. Oh well, it will all be behind us when we board the Quest on the 27th. All best to you both and thanks for the info above.

John (and Paul)

I think the cab fare is around $75 or $80 or was something in that range the last time I looked at cab rates from Miami (a location near the cruise port) to Port Everglades area. You can probably get a lower rate, port to port, through one of the shuttle companies. May are recommended on these boards and you can find plenty by Googleing Miami or Ft. Lauderdale shuttle. I'm guessing that a private car service would be slightly more expensive than a cab but you might find something less if you phone around to a few.

Edited by Lsimon

John

John, we did that last year and ended up going via the airport.

Problem I found with almost all the shuttle companies serving FL port was that they require you to call their despatch office when you are ready to be transported. For that you need a phone that can access the local US phone networks, and as there seem to be no payphones in the exits of the terminal. that probably means a US cellphone.

OK please don't think I am an idiot. I am reading this because I was thinking of doing a cruise out of Miami then one out of another port. I see in the earlier answers Port everglades mentioned and FLL, is that for Lauderdale? Sorry I know nothing of florida.

thank you

OK please don't think I am an idiot. I am reading this because I was thinking of doing a cruise out of Miami then one out of another port. I see in the earlier answers Port everglades mentioned and FLL, is that for Lauderdale? Sorry I know nothing of florida.

thank you

Hi, yes Port Everglades is Ft. Lauderdale:)....the port is within the

Ft. Lauderdale community. The port of Miami is south of FLL...(FLL is

the abbreviation) and no you are not an idiot. If you have never been

there then you probably would not know:)

thank you

Port Everglades is the cruise port in Ft. Lauderdale.

FLL is the 3 letter code for the Ft. Lauderdale-Hollywood International Airport.

The airport is about 10 minutes from the cruiseport.

You will see lots of people on here refer to Ft. Lauderdale as FLL and it is sometimes hard to differentiate between whether they are talking about the cruiseport or the airport.

Edited by Eng23