Towel Manimal !!

LKYGSR

I have to tell you this story. One cruise on the Fantasy, we had the nicest steward. Her name was May, and we bantered back and forth a bit. I told her I loved her towel animals one morning. So that evening when I came in, there was no animal, until I walked around between the beds, and there was a 6 ft blue alligator in towels. It was amazing. So, the next morning, I took a pair of jeans, stuffed the legs from the knees down and put shoes on the feet and tucked it under the bed with the legs and feet sticking out toes up. When she opened the door she screamed. Then she called all the other stewards in the hall down to check out my dead guy under the bed. They thought it was so funny. lol They don't usually have a real belly laugh in their line of work, so they appreciated the levity. I wish I had taken photos of both the alligator and the dead man.

• 2 weeks later...

We have a friend who asked us all kinds of questions before her first cruise. Towel animals were never discussed. On her first night on board, she returned to her cabin after dinner and was totally startled by the towel animal and would not go into her room until someone came and removed it.

She got no more towel animals the rest of the cruise. :D