Ultra Music Festival

coops

Has anyone ever had any problems going to port of Miami during the Ultra Music Festival in the morning time. Someone mentioned it starts at noon. And I didn't want to be stuck in

tons of traffic. So looking for any feedback from people who has any info.

For a cruise on Saturday the 29th of March. Thanks for any info.

Has anyone ever had any problems going to port of Miami during the Ultra Music Festival in the morning time. Someone mentioned it starts at noon. And I didn't want to be stuck in

tons of traffic. So looking for any feedback from people who has any info.

For a cruise on Saturday the 29th of March. Thanks for any info.

I would give a lot of extra time if I were you. I have friends that go and say its really crazy for the ultra music fest ,just not sure about early in the day though.This is like the super bowl for clubs/Djs from around the world

I would give a lot of extra time if I were you. I have friends that go and say its really crazy for the ultra music fest ,just not sure about early in the day though.This is like the super bowl for clubs/Djs from around the world

Thanks for the info...I have FTTF and I want to be FTTF. :D

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully I can get to ship before it starts in morning.

We're concerned about the traffic since the festival is at Bayfront Park and the Will Call window for tickets is at Bayside Marketplace. What time are you planning to arrive at the pier? We have Priority boarding as well and don't want to miss it.

I e-mailed Carnival and asked if they had input into road closures etc. since there was supposed to be a meeting of all stakeholders including Port of Miami the other day. The response was that they were not aware of the Ultra Music Festival, which does not bode well. There were 330,000 attendees last year and part of Biscayne Blvd was closed. I don't want to get into the situation that people were in who got caught up in the road closures due to the Miami Marathon in Feb. and the shuttles could not get to the hotels to pick them up.

Edited by DebJ14

We're concerned about the traffic since the festival is at Bayfront Park and the Will Call window for tickets is at Bayside Marketplace. What time are you planning to arrive at the pier? We have Priority boarding as well and don't want to miss it.

I e-mailed Carnival and asked if they had input into road closures etc. since there was supposed to be a meeting of all stakeholders including Port of Miami the other day. The response was that they were not aware of the Ultra Music Festival, which does not bode well. There were 330,000 attendees last year and part of Biscayne Blvd was closed. I don't want to get into the situation that people were in who got caught up in the road closures due to the Miami Marathon in Feb. and the shuttles could not get to the hotels to pick them up.

Plan on leaving our hotel by Miami airport around 9 or 930 . I guess I should find our what time they allow people into the port.

Plan on leaving our hotel by Miami airport around 9 or 930 . I guess I should find our what time they allow people into the port.

I saw that others on the Breeze were also leaving at 9:30am to get to the port. I guess that is what we will do. I have gotten a couple of quotes from car services. I guess I will go ahead and make a reservation. Just wasn't sure what time to have them pick us up. Several of the car and shuttle services were completely booked up with Ultra people.

• 2 weeks later...

Once this gets going I like to watch it on the Port of Miami webcam......it is wild!!!!

I have been watching them set up the stage this week and it is something to see!!!

Edited by GTO-Girl

It's pretty cool and streaming live with audio and video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MF0UNmHzu5Y

but the Port of Miami Webcam has a better, larger picture. I'm listening to YouTube and watching POM Webcam.

Thanks for posting the youtube link - doing the same as you although this isn't exactly my type of music. Is this event at the concert grounds by Bayside Marketplace ?

Thanks for posting the youtube link - doing the same as you although this isn't exactly my type of music. Is this event at the concert grounds by Bayside Marketplace ?

It has taken over all of Bayfront. It is the superbowl for DJs and the best in the world head to Miami for this weekend. Hundreds of thousands of people are in town.

It isn't exactly my music either but it is fun to watch and listen!