Soda package question....again!

So, there was a thread not to long ago that you could no longer just get the basic soda package. I read through all the comments and I am still confused. Everybody had something different to say. Does anyone know the real deal with this? My husband had the soda package last cruise and plans on getting it again. Does not want the water, juice etc etc....just the soda. Is this still available? Gosh I hope so. Thanks!

So, there was a thread not to long ago that you could no longer just get the basic soda package. I read through all the comments and I am still confused. Everybody had something different to say. Does anyone know the real deal with this? My husband had the soda package last cruise and plans on getting it again. Does not want the water, juice etc etc....just the soda. Is this still available? Gosh I hope so. Thanks!

Several people have said they can still get the regular ($6.50 per day) soda package. Can't explain why it appeared that one ship did not offer it.

Edited by clarea

The concensus, as far as I understood, is that they still offer it for pre-purchase online prior to cruising. Once onboard, there is no guarantee whether your sailing will still offer it. Some reported that it still is being offered onboard, others reported that it is not. So far, however, everyone seems to be able to purchase it online beforehand.

There have been many posts of people buying the soda package on ships since that thread. That was a second hand report of one person who had a problem trying to buy the soda package. It looks like they tried to buy the soda package where they were selling the 4 new drink packages and the crew was confused. It also said in that thread that they tried to buy the package in the cruise terminal, I have never seen packages being sold prior to boarding the ship. Maybe that is a Bayonne thing but seemed strange.

The cruise line makes way too much money on the soda package for them to discontinue it.

Hello!

Does anyone know if its possible to bring onboard bottled water , like a six pack when boarding the ship, to keep in cabin?

Also same question With soda, and like one botle of Wine per pecon?

Thanks for any answers.

Technically against the rules to bring on any beverages other than the two bottles of wine per stateroom. However, the rules are usually not enforced.

There have been many posts of people buying the soda package on ships since that thread. That was a second hand report of one person who had a problem trying to buy the soda package. It looks like they tried to buy the soda package where they were selling the 4 new drink packages and the crew was confused. It also said in that thread that they tried to buy the package in the cruise terminal, I have never seen packages being sold prior to boarding the ship. Maybe that is a Bayonne thing but seemed strange.

The cruise line makes way too much money on the soda package for them to discontinue it.

We've bought drink packages in the terminal in Tampa before. Premium last May and Replenish last December.