Navigator - Diamond Lounge & HDMI ports in cabin tv's

Can anyone tell me where the Diamond Lounge is on the newly refurbished Navigator? and . . are there HDMI ports on the TV's in your cabins?

Thanks so much; heading to Galveston the 23rd!

Claree

DL is in the former 19th hole area in the Viking Crown.

Edited by clarea

HDMI ports on the tv's are disabled. Some people have reported success in "enabling" them. But then again, people have reported success with sneaking booze on board, skipping out on tips, and smoking on their balconies...

The new TVs are Samsungs. Most ships have universal remotes, so we now bring a Samsung remote with us to change the inputs.

The new TVs are Samsungs. Most ships have universal remotes, so we now bring a Samsung remote with us to change the inputs.

Of course you do. Unfortunately, on most of the televisions, once you "enable" those ports, you wreak havoc on the interactive system. So tell me. Once you're done and ready to leave, do you use said universal remote to reset the television?

I ask because I have been in rooms where the prior occupant clearly did not. As a result, the interactive system didn't work properly. It was two days before maintenance was able to fix it.

This may be a stupid question, but why do you need the HDMI port enabled?

Because some travel with portable electronic devices that use it for sending their output to the TV . HDMI means High Definition Multimedia Interface.

Of course you do. Unfortunately, on most of the televisions, once you "enable" those ports, you wreak havoc on the interactive system. So tell me. Once you're done and ready to leave, do you use said universal remote to reset the television?

I ask because I have been in rooms where the prior occupant clearly did not. As a result, the interactive system didn't work properly. It was two days before maintenance was able to fix it.

I use the Samsung remote to change it back to the default input as soon as I've finished watching my DVD, since we also use the interactive features while onboard. I haven't noticed any issues.

I use the Samsung remote to change it back to the default input as soon as I've finished watching my DVD, since we also use the interactive features while onboard. I haven't noticed any issues.

That is really cool to know. Thanks! :)

• 3 weeks later...

This actually may be outdated information. In the past it was true, but on my most recent trip a couple weeks ago, there was a channel that indicated it was specifically for plugging in your own HDMI device. Naturally, as I was not expecting this, I didn't bring anything to test it. This was a part of the new interactive TV system I have not seen before. Granted, I am NOT that frequent of a cruiser

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk