Tell me about spring break cruises?

Kierste

Hi all, I was booked for the 11 day southern for Feb 12, 2015 on the pearl... Saw the writing on the wall and switched to the same cruise on March 26th before sixthman announced their charters...

So now I have some questions... I figured there would be very few kids in February (we are bringing our will be 11 year old), and it was no big deal, as my dd won't want to do kids club or anything and would rather hang with us. Are there lots more kids even though it is a longish cruise? Like will it feel overrun?

Then I saw they took away the slide... Such a bummer, I heard it wasn't that good, but still at least there was one.

I understand they don't do the drink package during spring break cruises, or the 2-1 drink specials it sounds like... Can we still order a bottle for our room?

Any other differences I should be aware of?

Tia!

Lack of response may be because of many other questions with the same thing.

Bottom line - it is hard to say which weeks will appear to be a real Spring Break cruise, vs one sometime in the Spring.

As you noted, since your cruise is longer, there will be less older kids (college spring breakers) and less school age. Or should be that way.

Just a guess, but I don't think there will be too many kids, either college age or younger, on that cruise. At least where I am from school age kids have spring break in April. College break may be in March but they only get a week off so the longer cruise should make it less College age too. Again, purely speculation.

Yes, you can still order a bottle for your room. Or better yet, bring a couple with you and pay the corkage fee. This usually gives you a better bottle of wine at a cheaper price (even with the fee added) than what is available on board. You can also order buckets of beer and bring them to your room.

Edited by PCLMassachusetts

Thanks... We are bringing my dm, who will be 68... And there is a reason she didn't want to do a disney cruise (too many kids) or a party cruise... Glad my assumption that the cruise will be too long for lots of kids (of all ages)... We are in Oregon, and we will be on spring break at the beginning of the trip.

We don't really drink wine, but like a drink or so a day on vacay... Glad we can still get a beer bucket, and will prob order some rum, and bring juice so we can have our our semi-tropical drinks :). Should I stick to shorter jugs for the fridge, I am guessing a half-gallon carton won't fit anyway...

I was just on the Breakaway during what I'm told was a spring break period. the only time I noticed the spring breakers was when in Bliss lounge, and even then, they were great... they actually tended to liven things up. There were, however, a TON of kids on the trip because it turned out that it was the week that Canada's schools were out. That said, the kids didn't bother me much... perhaps because I'm not one to spend much time by the pool.

I was disappointed at not being able to buy the drink package, but I did wind up ordering a bottle of whiskey for my room. I actually wound up drinking far less -- from the bottle or at the bars -- than I imagined I would. Not sure exactly why... geez, am I getting old? LOL

Richard/Tralfie