Bed placement

Hello Kimmy47, I took a look at the deck plan, and unfortunately your cabin is in a situation where you can't really be certain. It looks like it's probably by the balcony, but that rule that they use (counting off from the nearest connecting cabins), really only is certain for ordinary cabins in a row. You have a suite next to you, and also next to your other neighbor. It looks like the suite 10254 will have it's door directly to the left of yours, putting your door on the right side of the pair, giving your cabin a "bed by the balcony" configuration, but we can't be sure. Perhaps someone has personal experience with that cabin will be able to help.

Edited by Gayle V

You know...it really won't matter that much...the cabins aren't so big that it makes much difference...for one week, you can deal with almost anything!

Not that you'll ever come back to defend your position, but for me it was a huge deal. I selected my cabin on the Allure knowing that the beds would be by the balcony, and a bed by the closet would have been a deal breaker. The layout of the cabins on the Allure is ridiculous. There is not enough storage space, and the closets with those sliding doors make it impossible for two people to get ready at one time. I can't even imagine trying to get into that closet with a bed a foot away. :rolleyes: The Allure, by far, has the worst cabin layout of any ship I've ever been on :(

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my Allure cruise but the lack of storage space including no drawers at all in the nightstands, too little shelf space, irritating closet doors, and a cabin steward with an attitude, led me to rate them significantly less than full marks on my end of cruise survey in that category.

I'm sure you'll have a great time either way. You'll see a lot of people who think their lives will be completely ruined if the bed is in the wrong position. This just doesn't happen. These people will always find something to complain about.

There are lots of things you can focus on to ensure you'll have a great time. The location of the bed is not really one of them.

Thank you for the kind responses!!! This is our 1st cruise ever and I am sure we are going to love it! I have read so many reviews, it is super fun and sure helps with the Northwest Ohio snowstorms!

Once I read about the bed placement, my fingers crossed hoping that ours would be right by the balcony!

Our friends that we are going with just got off the Allure, loved everything about it, they are in a JS right near ours.

I hope to keep reading all of the reviews and seeing the pictures!

Not that you'll ever come back to defend your position, but for me it was a huge deal. I selected my cabin on the Allure knowing that the beds would be by the balcony, and a bed by the closet would have been a deal breaker. The layout of the cabins on the Allure is ridiculous. There is not enough storage space, and the closets with those sliding doors make it impossible for two people to get ready at one time. I can't even imagine trying to get into that closet with a bed a foot away. :rolleyes: The Allure, by far, has the worst cabin layout of any ship I've ever been on :(

Don't get me wrong, I LOVED my Allure cruise but the lack of storage space including no drawers at all in the nightstands, too little shelf space, irritating closet doors, and a cabin steward with an attitude, led me to rate them significantly less than full marks on my end of cruise survey in that category.

No room, you must pack more than my DW, we had three suitcases and two carry ons and we had plenty of room :D

No room, you must pack more than my DW, we had three suitcases and two carry ons and we had plenty of room :D

Well, maybe I do. :eek: What does that have to do with a cabin only having 1.5 drawers per person? The fact is, I had to keep my camera, phone, chargers, snacks, and other misc items in a "packing cube" on the sofa because I only had one drawer for my personal use. The desk only has two deep drawers (and one shallower one where we kept hair styling items). I needed my ONE drawer for certain clothing items. I wasn't traveling with a spouse, but with a friend so we probably had a lot more duplicate items, and therefore needed more space. On the Jewel I had at least four drawers all to myself, as did my cabinmate (can't remember how many were in the nightstand). The Jewel also has closet doors that open out so you have access to the entire closet at once. The Allure's sliding closet doors were a pain because I had the side which also had the shelves so I never could see all my hanging stuff at the same time, because much of it was behind the other door.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

Edited by Cruzin-K

Provided all goes according to the rule, no pair of connecting rooms will match each other. Connecting rooms will have their doors side by side, right next to each other. If you were standing in the hallway and face the two doors, the cabin on the right in the pair will have the bed by the balcony. The cabin on the left in the pair will have the bed nearer to the closet, hallway and bathroom.

10586 Bed should be by the closet

10588 Bed should be by the balcony

For what it's worth, we had 7610 on the Allure. Bed was by the closet. Our son and daughter in law were in 7612. Bed was by the balcony. All four of us agreed that their room configuration was much preferable.

I found all the complaints about the room to be true: very difficult to maneuver with two people getting ready for dinner with that closet so close to the bed. It was so close that I could sit on the bed and reach into the closet to get out shoes, or to reach tissues and other items (that I would usually put in the night stand) without getting out of bed.

Edited by Gayle V

You know...it really won't matter that much...the cabins aren't so big that it makes much difference...for one week, you can deal with almost anything!

Why don't you tell us which configuration your cabin had when you sailed on one of the Oasis ships????;):rolleyes:

Well I would say because the cabins aren´t so big it makes much of a difference, especially on Oasis class ships, which have IMO the worst cabin layout of all ships I´ve been on.

Anyway we all know you won´t be back here anyway.:rolleyes:

Well I would say because the cabins aren´t so big it makes much of a difference, especially on Oasis class ships, which have IMO the worst cabin layout of all ships I´ve been on.

Anyway we all know you won´t be back here anyway.:rolleyes:

Well, to her credit, it is hard to come back and defend a position for which one has no personal experience.;)

Thank you for the kind responses!!! This is our 1st cruise ever and I am sure we are going to love it! I have read so many reviews, it is super fun and sure helps with the Northwest Ohio snowstorms!

Once I read about the bed placement, my fingers crossed hoping that ours would be right by the balcony!

Our friends that we are going with just got off the Allure, loved everything about it, they are in a JS right near ours.

I hope to keep reading all of the reviews and seeing the pictures!

I am almost positive the bed is by the balcony in 10252.