Where to go when you first get on the ship?

You are now allowed to bring two 750ml bottles of wine or champaign on board with you. Beer and booze are still prohibited. This is a newer policy implemented within the last 6 months or so. If you take the bottle to a dining venue you may be subject to a corkage fee.

Is that per person or between the two of us?

Per stateroom.

that has someone 21 or over staying in it, officially. That part's checked kind of haphazardly, so it seldom comes up unless you, spouse, and two teens pack all four bottles into the same bag...

The one time I cruised NCL I was happy to discover that they open the MDR on embarkation day. I wish RCI did the same - its a great way to comfortably kick off a cruise.

Absolutely nicer than fighting the mob in the buffet. Plus the food is better!

We arrive at port around 10:30, board as early as possible. Lunch in the WJ, then we stop by the MDR to see where out table is. Walk around a little more and usually end up sitting around the pool with our friends enjoying a few cocktails in the sun.

We've never sailed on Allure before though, and with so many different dining options, who knows.

Here's a question...on Allure or Oasis, other than the obvious places (WJ and Promenade Cafe') where can you grab a bite to eat after boarding the ship?

On Allure or Oasis, I'd head to the Park Cafe.. I love the roast beef sandwiches.some do not..to each their own.. :)

Edited by chellecruise12

I know about the wine, but does anyone know if you can take Mountain Dew on board? It's my daughter-in-law's soda & they don't have it on board. We're sailing on Independence on April 12th.

Technically the rule is "no". but many people bring on soda. We put a luggage tag on our rolling bag with the soda inside..No issues..

Here's a question...on Allure or Oasis, other than the obvious places (WJ and Promenade Cafe') where can you grab a bite to eat after boarding the ship?

Make a reservation at Giovanni's! It's totally yummy (have the lasagna) and not at all crowded. It's right across from Park Cafe so you can watch the line for a roast beef sandwich get crazy long and be thankful you have a nice spot to eat and people watch that you didn't have to fight for. Also, the back 2 backers will be eating there too (a special treat from RC). It's fun to chat with them about their first week and get a few pointers about entertainment and the ship. I wish Giovanni's on navigator was open on embarkation day! Have a great cruise!!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD