AN "INTERESTING" THREAD

We were on the Ecstasy inaugural when when heard an announcement that

we were going to rendezvous with Wind Star at sea. We all rushed to the

starboard side and off in the distance was a spot. It came closer and closer

and there she was, all sails up....a glorious sight. She came alongside and

then went around the bow and down port side. We all rushed over there just

in time to see all the Wind Star passengers and crew on deck. With one

voice they shouted "Pardon, do you have any Grey Poupon?" It was one of

those perfect unexpected moments that don't come often.

On another cruise, we were walking down a strange corridor when it got

even stranger. There was a stark naked (as opposed to just nude) man

standing with his nose to a door. As we passed, he asked us to call security

to get him into his cabin. I've wondered ever since where he had been, and

why he didn't take a key!

Yes, I know, he didn't have a pocket.

Two years ago on the AOS on formal nite we were in the one of the pubs having our complimentary champagne waiting for the captain to make his little speech from the bridge over the atrium and on that ship they have those suites that look over the promenade where all the shops are - well a mom and dad were getting dressed and ready for the nite in the cabin and the two little ones had the curtains wide open and were looking out the window at all of us people down below and we were howling! The mom would of died if she knew all below could see her standing in front of the dresser curling her hair - putting on her makeup - all while in her bra and we didn't care to see dad's big belly with hairy chest and back all while he was putting on his deoderant and then shining his bald head!!! BE CAREFUL WITH THOSE ATRIUM ROOMS - We can see you.......

My brother told us that on thier last cruise, they met a real nice couple from Philly. During the cruise, they became good friends and when they stopped at St Marten, they all went to Orient Beach. The other couple was telling my brother how when they were there the last time, they were laying out in the sun (with their swim suits on) and along comes a couple. Well, this couple decides to disrobe right there and go natural. The naked couple starts up a converstation with the clothed couple and find out they are all from Philly. The clothed woman keeps thinking she has seen this woman before and realizes that she sure has...the naked woman is a top selling saleswoman for a big real estate comp there and has her picture on buses and all over town!! She said that when she got back home, everytime she seen that picture all she could think of was this lady laying naked on the beach! So don't think just because you are 1000's of miles away from home, someone won't know you :eek:

There was a stark naked (as opposed to just nude) man

jags, if *I* had to guess, I would say that he was in his cabin, went out for SOME reason into the hall, and the door closed behind him. Actually happens all the time. THIS guy just happens to sleep au naturel! (of course, his cabinmate ALSO could have chucked him out of the cabin that way!) ;)

Carol

Have we really run out of interesting topics already? I don't think so......

Has anyone gone out and gotten a tattoo (not a Henna, but a real one) while on a cruise?

Is anyone going to Sturgis next week?

Has anyone gone onstage in the Quest without any pants on? :D

Has anyone REALLY ever seen a Smurf?

Mike

http://www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

My brother told us that on thier last cruise, they met a real nice couple from Philly. During the cruise, they became good friends and when they stopped at St Marten, they all went to Orient Beach. The other couple was telling my brother how when they were there the last time, they were laying out in the sun (with their swim suits on) and along comes a couple. Well, this couple decides to disrobe right there and go natural. The naked couple starts up a converstation with the clothed couple and find out they are all from Philly. The clothed woman keeps thinking she has seen this woman before and realizes that she sure has...the naked woman is a top selling saleswoman for a big real estate comp there and has her picture on buses and all over town!! She said that when she got back home, everytime she seen that picture all she could think of was this lady laying naked on the beach! So don't think just because you are 1000's of miles away from home, someone won't know you :eek:

That reminds of me a teacher I work with. She went on her honeymoon to some obscure island that nobody had heard of. She was relaxing on the beach with her new husband, when suddenly, one of her students walked by! You can go to the ends of the earth and still not get away from them! :)

]]

We've had a couple of interesting cruises:

We were on Enchantment several years ago, and on our last day, coming through the FL Straits, the coast guard sent us back to pick up some rafters. I was in our stateroom getting ready for dinner, any my husband and son came rushing back to the room to tell me we had been buzzed by a plane waggling its wings. Just then the deck tilted - you could tell me were making a severe turn- the tilt had to have been enough to slosh a couple of drinks on the pool deck :D we picked up speed, the captain came on and told us the CG had asked us to go back about 7 miles to pick up the rafters. He told us about how long it would take us to get there, and everyone who could - passengers and crew was hanging over the rails, climbing on things, etc., to get a good view. The deck waitstaff renamed the drink of the day "The Rescue Cocktail" and the RCI photographers got all kinds of pictures they were selling at the photo shop for $7.95 each (they'll do everything to make a buck!). The rafters were transferred to the ship, put into the medical facility, their raft was put up forward with the winches, the CG sent out a launch from Key West to disembark them from the Enchantment later that evening. By the time we saw them getting into the zodiac to go to the CG launch, they were wearing RCI seamen's overalls, had been fed, hydrated, etc. The raft was removed from the ship first thing in the morning, as soon as we reached port. Our dining room waiter, who had been on Enchantment for 10 years, had never before seen a rescue.

I was on this same sailing! It happened the day after Thanksgiving 2003. I was amazed to see that the base of their raft appeared to be just plastic wrapped styrofoam. Perhaps there was something more substantial under the layer of styrofoam. This is probably more information than anyone really wants to know... but... I had just lowered myself onto the "Captains Chair ;) " in our bathroom when the ship began its severe turn. I thought I was going to fall off!!! Thank goodness the bathrooms are so small!!!!

I was on this same sailing! It happened the day after Thanksgiving 2003. I was amazed to see that the base of their raft appeared to be just plastic wrapped styrofoam. Perhaps there was something more substantial under the layer of styrofoam. This is probably more information than anyone really wants to know... but... I had just lowered myself onto the "Captains Chair ;) " in our bathroom when the ship began its severe turn. I thought I was going to fall off!!! Thank goodness the bathrooms are so small!!!!

Funny enough, not the same sailing - our was an August sailing in either 2000 or 2001 :o . The raft "our" rafters had was pretty sophisticated - like a BIG inner tube with a bottom of some sort, kind of like the rafting rides at some amusement parks. They had put a couple of 2 x 4's across it to hang a motor from, and you could see where they had jugs of water and a medical kit. They were trailing a smoke flare of some sort to attract attention, and had apparently been in the water for 8 days, so the water was all gone and they were pretty dehydrated. It's pretty funny that you've got the same story! I do remember that when the CG came to take them off that evening, they had a launch with canvas cover over the back, filled with people who they had apparently been pulling out of the water that evening. We never did find where they took these people. Back to Cuba? To Key West?

Have we really run out of interesting topics already? I don't think so......

Has anyone REALLY ever seen a Smurf?

Mike

www.homepage.mac.com/csealove/

Yes, on a cruise I was on in 1989, a entire contingent of the little blue monsters took over the ship. They were constantly drunk and very loud. They tripped passengers in the halls and jumped up on the buffets and ran all over the food. They would climb up on each others shoulders in the elevator and push all the buttons.

Their little blue children were left to roam unsupervised all over the ship until all hours. I even saw some of the very young ones in the pools and hottubs in their teeny blue diapers clinging to the edges. I was quite tempted to unhook their little blue fingers. Much to my disgust, there were sometimes blue sausage shaped things floating behind them.

And the crew did NOTHING!!!

Everytime someone tried to report them, they would all vanish. And you would hear very faint giggling from far away.

celtic

On our honeymoon cruise abourd the Carnival Celebration...

We were just about to get ready for dinner when we heard a gurgling sound coming from the bathroom. I opened the door to see a couple inches of water standing on the floor. Because it was a winter cruise in the Gulf of Mexico the ship was rolling pretty good and alot of the water came out onto our carpet. This happened in several rooms along our hall as well.

The crew came and repaired the shower drains. The carpet was soggy until day 3. We did receive 20% of our cruise refunded to our Sign N Sail cards plus 8 coupons for free drinks if I remember correctly.

In May this year my in-laws cruised with Celebrity to Alaska, I don't remember which ship. At one port their anchor got stuck in the sea floor. They had to send divers down to cut it free then weld on a replacement.

Yes, on a cruise I was on in 1989, a entire contingent of the little blue monsters took over the ship. They were constantly drunk and very loud. They tripped passengers in the halls and jumped up on the buffets and ran all over the food. They would climb up on each others shoulders in the elevator and push all the buttons.

Their little blue children were left to roam unsupervised all over the ship until all hours. I even saw some of the very young ones in the pools and hottubs in their teeny blue diapers clinging to the edges. I was quite tempted to unhook their little blue fingers. Much to my disgust, there were sometimes blue sausage shaped things floating behind them.

And the crew did NOTHING!!!

Everytime someone tried to report them, they would all vanish. And you would hear very faint giggling from far away.

celtic

Oh My!

It's not the running down the Halls or along the railing on the Balcony that gets me.....it's the constant giggling. It's non stop! It's really bad when one of them gets the hic-cups.

Mike

PS...I heard they were questioning Bilbo on the disaapearance of the Smurf on our cruise.

I heard about that on that bastion of journalistic integrity, 'A Current Affair'. Seems that Smurfette was found passed out in Bilbo's cabin and all that was left of her Smurfspouse was a large blue stain on the balcony. Tsk Tsk. Such goings on:eek:

celtic

I consider myself a relatively intelligent person, and I've been perusing these boards for over a year, but I have yet to figure out exactly what the "smurf" references are about.

Can someone please enlighten me, while pardoning my stupidity?

I guess I'll have to fess up for letting the little devils loose on the threads. Your first statement is the root of your not understanding....most reasonably intelligent persons don't know about Smurfs, just us that have a few screws loose:D It started out as a resposnse that the Forum lacked interesting threads and to initiate some interest I initiated the Smurf reference and since has seemed to progress into a somewhat satirical look at the sensationalistic approach the news services have handled some of the recent events relating to the cruise industry.

Now, if your not familiar with what a Smurf is.........

Mike

It's not the running down the Halls or along the railing on the Balcony that gets me.....it's the constant giggling. It's non stop! It's really bad when one of them gets the hic-cups.

Mike

PS...I heard they were questioning Bilbo on the disaapearance of the Smurf on our cruise.

Oh no, not another disappearance!!!

I heard about that on that bastion of journalistic integrity, 'A Current Affair'. Seems that Smurfette was found passed out in Bilbo's cabin and all that was left of her Smurfspouse was a large blue stain on the balcony. Tsk Tsk. Such goings on:eek:

celtic

She was framed!!! It was Gargamel(sic) that did it!

Actually did a little research, and the Smurfs appear to have been on the Radiance at least as far back as February. In a Post dated April 20. Ckrobyn reported hearing Smurfs singing It's a Small, Small World in her head and she sailed the Radiance in Feb. With a little more research, I have determined that The Rhapsody docks right next to Mariner in Cozumel and both the Radiance and Mariner are based in Florida during Feb. Don't know which ship was overtaken by the Smurfs first though. More research will be needed. A bigger problem might stem from Bilbo the Hobbitt. There has always been some animosity between Hobbitts and Smurfs(think it has something to do with hairy feet) and if recent events show some new cooperation between the two groups, humanity could be in for some real trouble. I'm surprised 60 Minutes or A Current Affair has not picked up on this developement yet!

I'm not sure this qualifies as interesting but it made us laugh and it's an example of making a negative into a positive.

Our first RCCL cruise was Rhapsody when it was still based out of Long Beach. Our first cruise was on Celebrity over New Years 99-00 - a hard act to follow considering all the special things they did for the holiday. We also had a suite on that first one and were moving "down" to a junior suite. (Hey - it was our honeymoon, we were entitled to go first class the first time!)

Anyway, we started comparing things right away and not favorably. After about a day and a half, we stopped and reminded ourselves that had this been our first cruise, we would be impressed. We have tried to remember that on every cruise.

The gross thing we discovered on the first day was that someone on the pool deck had apprently gotten sick and "ralphed" over the boat. It was on the window in a very prominent position. It was not cleaned. We made it a game that every day we would see if the "Ralph" remained. I hate to report that the Ralph made it through the entire cruise. We had to laugh about it because we were so horrified that the crew never cleaned it. We even mentioned it on our evaluation form.

That being said - when they moved the ship from California to Texas - it was truly reborn. The vibe onboard just felt different and as anyone who has sailed on rhapsody since she came to Texas knows, she is a lovely ship and a fun week at sea. And no Ralphs to report on.

Ummmmmmm someone has to ask this.... was..... Ralph.... blue?

I understand that they are indeed in the process of developing their stories based on the eyewitness reports of various Cruise Critics and Bilbo. So far, Papa Smurf has been unavailable for comment therefore adding validity to the tales. Hidden floor level camaras are being activated on board the Mariner, Radiance and Rhapsody. There's talk of black lighting so the little blue guys can be seen better. Keep watching for updates.

Originally Posted by jagsfan

There was a stark naked (as opposed to just nude) man

OK I gotta ask. Is there much difference between stark naked and nude:confused: Umm on the other hand.. I really don't wanna know. :D

This is fun......hope we don't offend anyone;)

Mike

Looked Smurfs up on the internet and they have a large presence in Europe, especially Germany. I believe the Jewel was built in Germany. Hmmmm........

I think Hobbitts come from Europe also, Double Hmmmm...........................

Archived