Cabin Ready w/ FTTF

LParente

We had FTTF on the Breeze last August, we loved it, yes we got on board before noon and we went right to our rooms and dropped our carry ons, our luggage was there shortly after, bought it again for our cruise on The Glory in August this year

Just curious if those purchasing FTTF were able to get into their cabins if boarding before noon. Looking forward to that perk.

Sent from my KFJWA using Forums mobile app

Yes I have used FTTF the last 2 cruises. My rooms have been ready and plus last year I had decorations for our anniversary and they were already up. They did a great job! It's so worth it!! Bought it for my cruise in May!!

5/15/11 Carnival Valor

5/14/12 Carnival destiny

5/11/13 Carnival Liberty

5/11/14 Carnival Glory

Just curious if those purchasing FTTF were able to get into their cabins if boarding before noon. Looking forward to that perk.

Sent from my KFJWA using Forums mobile app

Yes, we were able to go through the doors and straight to our rooms. We boarded pretty early, right after the Platinums and such - I think we were on by about 11:00AM! Very very nice to feel like we had the ship "to ourselves" for a bit! :)

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

Usually but it seems to depend on ship and port.

Recent Miracle cruisers are reporting this to not be the case.

We were not on the ship until nearly 2pm, our cabin was "almost ready" at that time, though we were able to drop off carry ons.

Our last piece of luggage didn't arrive until after dinner. I have specific details in my review linked below.

Based on positive reviews here, we are willing to give FTTF a second try though.

Edited by Lerin

We were not on the ship until nearly 2pm, our cabin was "almost ready" at that time, though we were able to drop off carry ons.

Our last piece of luggage didn't arrive until after dinner. I have specific details in my review linked below.

Based on positive reviews here, we are willing to give FTTF a second try though.

So what exactly did u pay for? I got all that without FTTF. Did they give u an obc for that?

Yep, room ready when you get there. It sold out for my next cruise, and I'm still sad. I even called customer service to see if they could squeeze me in for an extra 20 bucks. lol

Edited by keith75

Had it on our last cruise. We were on board a little after 11:30. The large doors that say that the rooms will be ready at 1:30 were closed (I think there was fine print on there that said that FTTF/Prority could go through), but based on what I had read here we just opened them and walked on in. Went to our room where our steward was just finishing up cleaning. We dropped our bags and went to lunch.

On the Conquest in January, we cleared customs and were able to board at 12:00. Our room was ready we just had to slip around the panels that blocked the hallway. Not sure what time luggage arrived because we went exploring. When we returned from the muster, our luggage was there.

I hope we get on before 12 on the Miracle in July..we bought FTTF for that cruise...we had it last year on the Fantasy and we were actually the FIRST 2 people on the ship! It was awesome! Went straight to our room and dropped carry-on..luggage was there with a few mins....

Looking forward to our Miracle ship!

Edited by ariannas1nana

We had it on the Conquest last may out of NOLA. We were delayed boarding due to bad weather and the ship being late to port, but boarding started by 11:45, we had to wait about 10 minutes for the 6 wedding parties and platinums to board, but then we strolled right on. We got to our room straight away, the doors were not even closed (they may have closed them shortly after we went out on deck though). Our luggage was at the door before we were. Unpacked and ready for a bucket of beer 25 minutes after boarding!

I didnt want FTTF for my next cruise in June but bought it anyway:confused:

I suppose I was sold by the "Limited availability" and being a Serenity chair Hog I though it was a good way to get my Hogging off to a flying start by meeting staff first and early with a $20 or so to ensure Hogging tolerence for the entire cruise :D:D:D

Yep, room ready when you get there. It sold out for my next cruise, and I'm still sad. I even called customer service to see if they could squeeze me in for an extra 20 bucks. lol

Keith keep checking daily sometimes they open up more of them. Mine was sold out when I booked my cruise we go in May and about a week later some opened up and I was able to get one. Good luck!

5/15/11 Carnival Valor

5/14/12 Carnival destiny

5/11/13 Carnival Liberty

5/11/14 Carnival Glory

There is no guarantee you will be on before noon. Sometimes there are delays that are out of the hands of Carnival. You will still be one of the first on though.

We arrived shortly after 11, breezed through check in and were on board a few minutes later. Our room was ready. Our bags came a little later, after 1pm, during our nap.

I agree that it depends on the port... I have found that Seattle and Baltimore are very late in boarding, so does not seem to be worth it for those ports. I have sailed out of Baltimore 3 times, and the earliest boarding started was between 12:30 and 1pm.. Ship does not arrive back in port until between 9 and 10am, so it is really not possible to get everyone off and start boarding before 12:30 or so... I also found seattle to be very late in boarding, not sure if the cruises get back late there as well.. Most other ports seem to be earlier..

For those with late arriving luggage.

Make sure the porter puts the Priority Tag on your luggage. In NOLA it was a bright orange.

We are platinum and usually just do carryon.

There is no guarantee you will be on before noon. Sometimes there are delays that are out of the hands of Carnival. You will still be one of the first on though.

This.

For our Liberty cruise we were onboard 7 minutes after arriving at the security screening station -- we had arrived right when they began calling Platinums and Diamonds. Cabin was ready, in fact the lady who expedited us to the VIP check-in line pulled out her radio and we heard her calling over to the ship with our cabin number.

BUT for our Victory cruise no-one boarded before 12 noon due to a tragedy (with police involvement) during the cruise before ours. We were still aboard right after Plats and Diamonds and our room was ready. All but one piece of luggage arrived timely and the last piece arrived during muster; they were all marked with the bright orange FttF tags.

For those with late arriving luggage.

Make sure the porter puts the Priority Tag on your luggage. In NOLA it was a bright orange.

Bright orange (or maybe yellow) in Miami, too:

imgp0165.jpg

I used FTTF on the Splendor in October 2013. Our room was NOT ready when we boarded. It was ready about 2 hours after that. Oh well. It wasn't that big of a deal. We still bought FTTF again for this April's cruise.