Bottled water on Princess Cruises

Pier Pressure 53

My wife and I will be taking our 1st ever cruise in November aboard the Golden Princess, to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.

This may seem like a lame question, but I will ask anyway. Is bottled water on the Princess cruises included with your fare, or is there a charge for it on board? Neither my wife and I drink, nor do we drink sodas, but we do drink bunches of water. I read somewhere about coffee and soda cards you can purchase when you first board, but don't know if that includes bottled water??

Anyway, if someone knows the policy on the Golden Princess or the Princess cruise line as a whole, could you please let me know.

Thanks.

John

My wife and I will be taking our 1st ever cruise in November aboard the Golden Princess, to celebrate our 35th wedding anniversary.

This may seem like a lame question, but I will ask anyway. Is bottled water on the Princess cruises included with your fare, or is there a charge for it on board? Neither my wife and I drink, nor do we drink sodas, but we do drink bunches of water. I read somewhere about coffee and soda cards you can purchase when you first board, but don't know if that includes bottled water??

Anyway, if someone knows the policy on the Golden Princess or the Princess cruise line as a whole, could you please let me know.

Thanks.

John

Not included.

Carry a case on with you if you want.

Bottled water is not included with your fare or the soda card. Plenty of free pure water from the tap. I just fill up a bottle. If you really want bottled water, buy a case, attach a label and have it delivered to your cabin.

The soda card is only for fountain drinks dispensed using a gun at a bar or lounge.

Thank you Colo Cruiser. Would you happen to know the price and is bottled water readily available and sold onboard?

Thanks.

Approx $3-4 for the large bottle and $2-3 for the small.

Its available all over. When leaving the ship in ports there is a table set up at the gangway.

As stated above, you can bring a case onboard and put a luggage tag on it and it will be delivered to your room.

If you want purified water and don't want to do that, you can purchase the water bottles with filters in the lids (Brita makes one that we like). Then you just fill them with tap water and it will filter the water as you drink. That's what we're doing on our upcoming cruise because, like you, we don't drink the alcohol and have recently, through MUCH PAIN, conquered our Diet Coke addiction. We will have purified, filtered water without the burden of dealing with it at embarkation. :)

Enjoy your first cruise!! :)

What brands of bottled water does Princess carry?

:D

It depends upon where the ship is sailing. Out of U.S. ports, it's generally been Crystal Geyser. Out of Rome, we had an Italian brand, name started with an "M" I think. We had Evian when sailing out of Southampton.

I had trouble getting Crystal Geyser the last time I was in Europe with Princess. I had a couple bar tenders watching out for those bottles and hoarding them for me. Turns out they were left-over stock from the US. The European counterpart (forgot the name) was not nearly as good.

If it's convenient, we bring a case of water on the ship with us. Just put a luggage tag or two on it and drop it off with your luggage and a tip. ;)

I had trouble getting Crystal Geyser the last time I was in Europe with Princess. I had a couple bar tenders watching out for those bottles and hoarding them for me. Turns out they were left-over stock from the US. The European counterpart (forgot the name) was not nearly as good.

If it's convenient, we bring a case of water on the ship with us. Just put a luggage tag or two on it and drop it off with your luggage and a tip. ;)

Crystal gyser is good. On a princess Baltic cruise last year the bottled water was terrible, it was almost salty!! But that was out of Eastern Europe. If you refill the bottles and keep them in the fridge in your stateroom the tap water is okay (as long as you are not nauseous). I was eight weeks pregnant on a cruise once and just the smell of the water when washing my hands or entering the shower made me heave!!

If you truly do drink a lot of water stop at a store and buy a case or two and send them with your luggage. Well worth not being thirsty the whole time! I am just like you..no alcohol, no soda..just water!!!