Paid in Full, Carnival Won't Print My Boarding Pass!

Shaded Lady

That is an excellent question but no, I used my credit card. Which just got me thinking! It is a credit card that I've been watching because I bought something at Target after Thanksgiving when that huge credit card issue happened... They told me 2 weeks ago they were replacing the card on speculation, but I wondered if that was part of the problem.

So I just went online and confirmed that the charges are there on my credit card, so that wasn't the problem. Good thought though!

I debated whether I'd pay it all off right away, but I had the money from my annual bonus and I was afraid I'd fritter it away if I didn't just pay for it now.

I'll just call them Monday and ask them nicely to please go ahead and pay the whole amount off.

Been following this thread and wanted to remind you that you only have a very very short window to protect yourself with the Credit Card company. I believe it's 60 days to dispute a charge.

I have never had a travel agent put a cruise charge in their name, they always call the card into the cruise line and the charge that appears is ALWAYS the cruise lines name and never ever the travel agents.

I would not rest easy until Carnival is paid and if not done by next week then contact both the credit card company and carnival.

Good luck to you and get this fixed ASAP !

PS do not except any double talk as to why they can't do this..... This is a huge red flag!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by nana541

Been following this thread and wanted to remind you that you only have a very very short window to protect yourself with the Credit Card company. I believe it's 60 days to dispute a charge.

I have never had a travel agent put a cruise charge in their name, they always call the card into the cruise line and the charge that appears is ALWAYS the cruise lines name and never ever the travel agents.

I would not rest easy until Carnival is paid and if not done by next week then contact both the credit card company and carnival.

Good luck to you and get this fixed ASAP !

PS do not except any double talk as to why they can't do this..... This is a huge red flag!

I agree.I use a TA and when I make my deposit it show up the same day on my credit card saying the charge is for Carnival Cruise lines.The same thing for final payment.The charge should go directly to the cruise line and no where should it show that it is going to your TA.This really concerns me and your TA had better have a good reason for doing it this way and getting it corrected immediately.

Laura

I experienced the same scenario for several days after final payment, then clicked on a different page within the carnival web site and everything was there for the printing. Can't remember where I finally found the correct Carnival page but it does exist. After finding the correct page I went back to the other one and it still indicated my final payment was not made.

If you go to my cruise instead of check in that might be the answer. Let us know.

TOP DECK

Hi Shaded Lady..Nice to see someone else from Cedar Park! Hope everything works out for you!

I know my cruise isn't until October, but I

decided to fill out all my online check-in details. I went to print my cruise documentation and was shocked when it came up saying 'Unable to Print Boarding Pass until Full Payment is Received'.

I started to panic because I paid in full 3 weeks ago! I called Carnival and the lovely woman calmed me down, telling me that it's common for travel agencies to withhold paying until the final payment date (for me, August), even though you have paid in full. I guess they can get the interest off the money I paid them, rather than giving it to Carnival!

But the agent at Carnival told me I can call my TA on Monday and tell them I want the account paid in full. They should take care of it right away, she says. I hope so- I hate the idea that someone else is holding the money for my cruise and I'm dependent on them to pay it on time!

So you can bet I'll be on the phone first thing Monday AM asking my TA about this! :confused:

I know my cruise isn't until October, but I decided to fill out all my online check-in details. I went to print my cruise documentation and was shocked when it came up saying 'Unable to Print Boarding Pass until Full Payment is Received'.

I started to panic because I paid in full 3 weeks ago! I called Carnival and the lovely woman calmed me down, telling me that it's common for travel agencies to withhold paying until the final payment date (for me, August), even though you have paid in full. I guess they can get the interest off the money I paid them, rather than giving it to Carnival!

But the agent at Carnival told me I can call my TA on Monday and tell them I want the account paid in full. They should take care of it right away, she says. I hope so- I hate the idea that someone else is holding the money for my cruise and I'm dependent on them to pay it on time!

So you can bet I'll be on the phone first thing Monday AM asking my TA about this! :confused:

Personally I would let this TA know in no uncertain terms that they need to pay my cruise off asap. They have gained 3 weeks of interest on your money. That should be enough. That is why I pay book and pay directly thru Carnival.

I doubt there's any interest, did your TA pay directly through carnival. Just ask her before making irrational judgements on CC re someone you obviously trusted enough To give thousands of dollars too. I'm a TA and it blows me when ppl want to be so rude when it comes to TAs. Furthermore why in the heck would you print boarding passes 7 months in advance? Why does that make any sense.... Ugh!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

................. why in the heck would you print boarding passes 7 months in advance? Why does that make any sense.... Ugh!

Ashley,

I print them right after paying in full whether it's 75 days or a year in advance. I also save PDF copies and send them to myself via email so I can pull them up whenever and where ever.

You ask why? I would ask why not? It needs to be done so I do it when I'm thinking about it instead of waiting until the last minute. :cool:

There's been times where I have had up to five cruises booked with more than one cabin for each sailing and it would be easy to forget about printing info if I didn't do it at the time of payment. It's also easy to click the auto fill to enter passport numbers and dates etc unless I wait until Windows updates and my browser dumps all stored data. :p

why in the heck would you print boarding passes 7 months in advance? Why does that make any sense.... Ugh!

We do it as soon as we are fully paid. Just one more thing we don't have to do as we get closer to departure date.

(Also what PaulMedic said. -- he types faster than I do.)

Edited by tandemcruzr

Well isn't that lovely..... Thanks for letting me know. I never do as I'm not ever in any rush to do so. I never know if I may upgrade my room etc. Just my opinion thanks for giving me urs.

Ashley,

TAs like to wait until the last minute for everything. :D

If I were a TA, I would print out everything and slap it in an envelope or email it as soon as money changed hands.

I've only changed rooms one time and I printed the new tags and info right then. In that case it was the second leg of a B2B so I didn't need a printed boarding pass.

Do you guts realize that if she paid with a CC it was paid automatically. Here you all are again making ludicrous comments about TAs. When I said I don't print my passes I was talkin about my own personal trips. Not trips for my clients. What would a TA gain by holding off on a payment? Why would doing so make any sense??? That makes for more work than necessary. You guys really need to get a life. If you don't like TAs book without them but don't make judgments regarding things you know nothing about?

I know my cruise isn't until October, but I decided to fill out all my online check-in details. I went to print my cruise documentation and was shocked when it came up saying 'Unable to Print Boarding Pass until Full Payment is Received'.

That's why I don't deal with travel agents. What if they go bankrupt, what if, what if....? I deal directly with Carnival or Princess and never have had a problem. I'm paid in full as well and printed out my docs with no problem. I didn't print luggage tags as we still may get upgraded.

Our first cruise was due to sail the day after hurricane Rita hit the gulf coast. We booked thru a travel agent.

The travel agent office was destroyed in the storm and never reopened. They did before the storm, pay off our cruise to RCI. It took lots of begging and working our way up the corporate ladder but RCI agreed to credit us with a future cruise since we couldn't make the original sail date due to damage to our home and the fact that Galveston was closed.

We did not get our port fees and taxes back from the original TA. Since that day, we ALWAYS book directly with the cruise line. Lesson learned.

Now when we pay off our cruise, we see immediately that it's paid off. Why isn't your TA getting your boarding passes and travel docs?

I had a similar problem with a TA on my first cruise. I had booked through a TA in New Orleans. Hurricane Katrina came through and no more TA. I needed my documents and wanted to add my daughter to our cruise. It took me almost 2 weeks of calling and speaking to supervisors to get something done. Because of booking through a TA they didn't want to make changes to my account. They finally realized that they couldn't contact the TA either and that I had no one to contact to help me and they added my daughter, took the additional payment and sent me my documents. I always book directly through the cruise lines now so that I won't have a problem like that again.

Do you guts realize that if she paid with a CC it was paid automatically. Here you all are again making ludicrous comments about TAs. When I said I don't print my passes I was talkin about my own personal trips. Not trips for my clients. What would a TA gain by holding off on a payment? Why would doing so make any sense??? That makes for more work than necessary. You guys really need to get a life. If you don't like TAs book without them but don't make judgments regarding things you know nothing about?

I couldn't agree more.

Here everyone's a "critic" although most have no idea what their talking about but feel the need to say something.

I am not saying it is wrong or right, but I have seen a travel agent/tour operator run customer payments through their credit card system. They then used their credit card to pay the hotels, cruise line, airlines, etc. This was done so that they could accrue the bonuses for such purchases on their credit card (group leader points, miles, hotel bonus, etc). This was a small company, not a huge franchised travel agency, so I don't know if that makes a difference. It also opened up some cash flow in the small company.

Good luck getting your issue resolved. And most importantly, have fun on your cruise!

Sorry other than creating cash flow or otherwise benefiting the TA there no reason to have a CC charge to the TA. It should Always go directly to the Cruiseline.

My opinion is this is a very poor practice and puts the customer at risk. I always use a TA and never ever book directly with the cruise line.

Sorry other than creating cash flow or otherwise benefiting the TA there no reason to have a CC charge to the TA. It should Always go directly to the Cruiseline.

My opinion is this is a very poor practice and puts the customer at risk. I always use a TA and never ever book directly with the cruise line.

I absolutely agree. However, I have seen a travel agent do it at my airport hotel on more than one occasion. From a guest or customer perspective, I would be unhappy about it, especially if there was a 3 week delay that I wasn't expecting.

That is an excellent question but no, I used my credit card. Which just got me thinking! It is a credit card that I've been watching because I bought something at Target after Thanksgiving when that huge credit card issue happened... They told me 2 weeks ago they were replacing the card on speculation, but I wondered if that was part of the problem.

So I just went online and confirmed that the charges are there on my credit card, so that wasn't the problem. Good thought though!

I debated whether I'd pay it all off right away, but I had the money from my annual bonus and I was afraid I'd fritter it away if I didn't just pay for it now.

I'll just call them Monday and ask them nicely to please go ahead and pay the whole amount off.

Hey... just curious if everything was resolved??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I am not saying it is wrong or right, but I have seen a travel agent/tour operator run customer payments through their credit card system. They then used their credit card to pay the hotels, cruise line, airlines, etc. This was done so that they could accrue the bonuses for such purchases on their credit card (group leader points, miles, hotel bonus, etc). This was a small company, not a huge franchised travel agency, so I don't know if that makes a difference. It also opened up some cash flow in the small company.

Good luck getting your issue resolved. And most importantly, have fun on your cruise!

Royal Caribbean specifically forbids the use of a TA credit card to pay for a booking. If a client pays by cash or check the TA either transmit the funds electronically to the cruise line or mails them an agency check. Not sure what Carnival's policy is.

Royal Caribbean specifically forbids the use of a TA credit card to pay for a booking. If a client pays by cash or check the TA either transmit the funds electronically to the cruise line or mails them an agency check. Not sure what Carnival's policy is.

Some of the bookings on group bookings are already paid for by the TA using TA funds(Royal may not allow this type of booking at all). The TA is the one who pays not the individual passenger...and they will only send the full payment when the payment is due by the agreement between the cruise line and the TA...