Suite Question

snyniew

I have a question for you veterans. My friend and I are booked on the Reflection in April. We are each booked as singles, me in Aqua class and she in a Aqua Suite. We have liked our reservations linked. The question lies in that as a suite guest she gets a complementary dinner in a specialty restaurant. Question is since she's booked as a single is the specialty restaurant dinner just for her or does she get to bring a guest for the price of the suite as most cabins are booked as double occupancy? I'm going to be dining w/ her no matter what but just curious if I will be charged or not.

I have a question for you veterans. My friend and I are booked on the Reflection in April. We are each booked as singles, me in Aqua class and she in a Aqua Suite. We have liked our reservations linked. The question lies in that as a suite guest she gets a complementary dinner in a specialty restaurant. Question is since she's booked as a single is the specialty restaurant dinner just for her or does she get to bring a guest for the price of the suite as most cabins are booked as double occupancy? I'm going to be dining w/ her no matter what but just curious if I will be charged or not.

Because you are in a different cabin you will be charged. If you were in the same suite you would not. While Celebrity charges solos double the fare you do not get double the perks. The occupancy of her stateroom is still one therefore they will only give her one specialty restaurant dining complimentary.

As a solo traveler myself I agree that it isn't right we pay double but get half but there is nothing I can do with it.

The previous posters are probably right, but we had a different experience. We took our children and one of their friends to QSine on the Eclipse and they didn't charge us for the other kid. We told the staff that he was staying on a different cabin and they still didn't allow us to pay for him. We were on a RS and we tipped them extra and generously at the end. :)

I have found the info to be sketchy on this.....and it's a YMMV thing.

I have always sailed solo in suites, on my 13 night TA, they did allow me 4 dinners in specialty, I did 1 for myself one night, and then 3 for me and 2 new friends I met on board for our final night in Tuscan. I was in a Royal on that sailing.

A recent Reflection sailing, I was denied a guest in BLU (i was in the PH this sailing), and made to sit at a table with an empty chair across from me. I took a meeting with the Hotel Director and explained how stupid that was, I paid for 2 I wanted benefit for 2 or he could simply refund half my cruise fare which I said quite fecitiously as I handed him my amex card. He got the point and apologized. He later refunded my entire onboard spend for that sailing AND another $300 (value of the free beverage package that was included for 2 but only myself used was his explanation) as a gesture of good will. He had asked what he could do for me at the meeting, I told him there was nothing that would get that moment back for me and I wanted nothing more than what I had been billed for.

It was actually an over the top gesture as far as I was concerned. I[d have been happy with a commitment to allow me to bring a guest next time on that sailing.

I find the website to be contradictory as well. Some places it says 1 night of specialty dining for 2 on 7 day sailings and 2 dinners on longer sailings, other places it says dining for "all occupants of the suite". a small nuance, but as a solo, a big difference.

As a solo traveler, I'd certainly advise pushing the issue using the "I was charged for 2, I want benefit for 2". That's about as simple as it gets really.....

Thanks everyone for the replies. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. I'm not worried about Blu as I'm Aqua myself so we both have access to that dining room. My friend says she's not worried if they do charge for the specialty restaurant she'll just use her OBC since she got $500 when she booked I believe. She thinks it won't be possible for her to use all if it on our sailing. I think otherwise but either way we are going to just have a good time and not worry about little things that may come up.

Thanks everyone for the replies. I guess we will just have to wait and see what happens. I'm not worried about Blu as I'm Aqua myself so we both have access to that dining room. My friend says she's not worried if they do charge for the specialty restaurant she'll just use her OBC since she got $500 when she booked I believe. She thinks it won't be possible for her to use all if it on our sailing. I think otherwise but either way we are going to just have a good time and not worry about little things that may come up.

Love your attitude!!! Enjoy your cruise!!:)

With that attitude you cannot help but have an awesome time !!! Enjoy your cruise

I think otherwise but either way we are going to just have a good time and not worry about little things that may come up.

I don't know, with that attitude, you may just get kicked off Cruise Critic! :D

Well my friend has had 4-5 surgeries in the last year and a half w/ no vacations (the Angelina Jolie cancer prevention surgeries so to say) and we have both survived the 2nd worst winter in history (worst was in the 1950's). I don't think there really will be anything we encounter on our cruise that can get us too upset. We will just be happy to be somewhere that is above 10 degrees and no white stuff on the ground. Needless to say we are both so excited. This will be my very first cruise ever so everyone on CC has been wonderful giving me ideas on what to expect.

You might have your friend's Butler try and arrange your complimentary dining with her in the Specialty restaurant. We had a similar situation to yours, and the Butler handled it perfectly on our behalf.

Good luck and have a wonderful FIRST cruise! :)

You might have your friend's Butler try and arrange your complimentary dining with her in the Specialty restaurant. We had a similar situation to yours, and the Butler handled it perfectly on our behalf.

Good luck and have a wonderful FIRST cruise! :)

Good suggestion. That's what we'll probably do since she hasn't even looked at what options there are. Said she'll wait until she gets on the ship and can see and then make her decision.