LAX > Prague for Viking River Cruise

Di Princess

Who knows? The routing out of LAX could take you to London or Paris, or Frankfurt, at minimum. Maybe a couple of other airports. How would we know? Depends on what airfares the cruise line can get.

Coming back, same thing.

Someone may come on and say they did that cruise, out of those cities last summer, and tell you given airports. The problem there is someone a month later could use different flights, and you might use an entirely different set of flights this year.

That is cruise line airfare for you.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Most if not all cruiselines wait until 60 - 90 days to issue you your airline itenerary. They probably haven't even made their bulk buy for Q4 2014 yet. Let alone 2015.

Here's some light reading for you to help understand what you purchased when the cruiseline takes over your air travel for you.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=530322

Edited by klfrodo

If you want to get an idea of what your flights COULD be:

go to itasoftware.com. Plug in "multi city" lax to PRG, then CGN to LAX. Your dates won't be available yet, so just plug in random dates for now. Take a look at ALL the permutations that show up. You could be given the least complicated with plenty of connection time, to the most complicated with very short connection times or overly long connection times….

Thanks for all your replies. On Princess (37 cruises), I have always taken cruise line air and paid the $100 to modify to go in early to embarkation port and stay over in disembarkation. It seems that their air has always been less expensive for open jaws and I can pick my airline and itinerary. I will need to just wait until 360 out to look for myself. I will also look at the links you have suggested.

Di

I would try flying on LOT Polish Airways to Warsaw and then fly to Prague. Another option is LAX-Munich-Prague. Try to avoid London/Paris if you can. The further into Central/Eastern Europe you can get with one connection the better.

Another option is LAX-Berlin(Air Berlin)-Prague. LAX-Dusseldorf-Prague(Condor Lufthansa's low cost airline). If you really had to to to Paris try LAX-CDG(XL France Charter)-Prague(on a low cost carrier like Easy Jet etc).

Other options is fly to Paris and take the train to Prague etc.