Quantum where is she May 2015

I heard rumors this up coming week is when they will release the schedule for May 2015, But then again ive heard others say not til April. I am waiting as well for May 2015

I'm a bit curious too. I'm looking for options for May of 2015. I can drive to Bayonne, so the savings on airfare would be spent on the higher cost of sailing a new ship from the East coast. It's an option...once I see what is what!! I was on Explorer twice before and just loved it. Quantum is so appealing in that it is a whole different type of ship. I haven't been on Allure or Oasis yet either.

• 2 weeks later...

You can almost be sure that Qunatum will be leaving out of Bayonne for the next few years. However, her summer itinerary might be changed due to what happens with the dredging and channel issue in Bermuda. I would think if they don't do any improvement in Bermuda they will continue their present 8,9,12 day itineraries to Bahamas and the Caribbean.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

You can almost be sure that Qunatum will be leaving out of Bayonne for the next few years. However, her summer itinerary might be changed due to what happens with the dredging and channel issue in Bermuda. I would think if they don't do any improvement in Bermuda they will continue their present 8,9,12 day itineraries to Bahamas and the Caribbean.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

There have also been reports that the Bermuda issue may be near resolution. Just have to stay tuned I guess.

But I am hopeful that itineraries beyond April '15 will be released soon as after today's follow up Google Hangout the "Reveal" will be completed.

The Bahamas / Caribbean longer itineraries are nice also but the stop in Bermuda would be good on those as well.

There have also been reports that the Bermuda issue may be near resolution. Just have to stay tuned I guess.

But I am hopeful that itineraries beyond April '15 will be released soon as after today's follow up Google Hangout the "Reveal" will be completed.

The Bahamas / Caribbean longer itineraries are nice also but the stop in Bermuda would be good on those as well.

I'd actually be just as happy with the "old school" 9 nights out of Bayonne, before they started including Bermuda... you know, the ones that would have 2 sea days going down, do something like San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, [something else], then 2 sea days back up. I would love that.

Actaully, even the really old school 9 night Western Carib. itineraries that I know Voyager did at the very beginning of time in Bayonne would be fine too.

I'd actually be just as happy with the "old school" 9 nights out of Bayonne, before they started including Bermuda... you know, the ones that would have 2 sea days going down, do something like San Juan, St. Thomas, St. Maarten, [something else], then 2 sea days back up. I would love that.

Actaully, even the really old school 9 night Western Carib. itineraries that I know Voyager did at the very beginning of time in Bayonne would be fine too.

Well I guess we will still have a bit of a wait to find out per Adam Goldstein on the Google Hangout earlier who said that the new schedules will not be ready for a few weeks yet. Probably later not sooner was what it sounded like.

Well I guess we will still have a bit of a wait to find out per Adam Goldstein on the Google Hangout earlier who said that the new schedules will not be ready for a few weeks yet. Probably later not sooner was what it sounded like.

It was stated today in the Google Hangouts session with Adam that the schedule will be released in Weeks not days...so i don't expect any news anytime soon...

Yeah. I keep going back and forth on whether I think it's a Bermuda issue or not -- folks have made good points on both sides -- but I think the fact that they didn't release the schedule extension to coincide with their big reveal yesterday strongly supports the notion that it's a Bermuda issue and they're wedded to getting a firm answer from Bermuda before making any choices. Otherwise, you'd expect them to want to have those sailings open for booking to capitalize on the excitement from yesterday.

Yeah. I keep going back and forth on whether I think it's a Bermuda issue or not -- folks have made good points on both sides -- but I think the fact that they didn't release the schedule extension to coincide with their big reveal yesterday strongly supports the notion that it's a Bermuda issue and they're wedded to getting a firm answer from Bermuda before making any choices. Otherwise, you'd expect them to want to have those sailings open for booking to capitalize on the excitement from yesterday.

I would agree that it is the Bermuda issue as that port of call is central to the current Explorer sailings that Quantum is going to replace. That doesn't mean that they can't skip Bermuda altogether with Quantum if things don't get resolved, but given the fact they are delaying the schedule release implies to me that they are still working on a resolution that would keep it in the itineraries - and maybe are close to one. If they didn't think that, they could release schedules without Bermuda now, IMO.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Anxiously awaiting the May 2015 itineraries as well. Currently booked on Quantum for 3/21 but, frankly, the itinerary is AWEFUL and we are looking to change our reservation. Arrive in San Juan at 4 and depart at 11. Then arrive at Labadee at 4:30 p.m. the next day. What in the world can you do at Labadee in the evening. It's not like you can even go out and have a nice dinner somewhere on land. Then the next day at Labadee (don't get me wrong, this one of my favorite spots to spend a relaxing beach day). When we booked, the Dominican Republic was one of the stops.