Breakaway Engine Problem?

BrPanthers99

This has been asked often but noone is confirming if the engine or problems with the breakaway has been fixed, can anyone confirm I'd think there would be an answer by now Im renting a car in PC but I may have to cancel if arriving later there..

Since the slowdown does not affect the remainder of the present cruise, I doubt if an announcement was made onboard, you may get lucky and have someone onboard now ask an officer. Since the problem is past for them, however, they may be having too much fun to post anything.:D Could call NCL, but that's a crap shoot for genuine information.

A number of us on roll call are sailing BA this Sunday, will try to update this thread (and/or our 3/23 roll call thread since it's on my Tapatalk) after we board if we don't have other updates by then. She was doing 21 knots so might be all fixed with the day in Nassau. Slower speed only affect trip southbound due to tight timing.

Let's leave other (off-topic) questions on its own thread. If nothing from us by Tuesday, safe to assume it's good as I won't post from ship n only from faster broadband with land towers (unless it's really important/urgent while at sea.)

Tapatalk sent from Nexus 5 via 4GLTE/HSI

Edited by mking8288

Thank you cheng.

If there are issues, will you start a new thread with not such a depressing title?

Have a great cruise :)

Safe Sailing!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

Edited by meatball_nyc

Checked in and waiting to board

Asked at check in and they said they hadn't heard one way or another but they did say they didn't get any notice like last week.

Nothing in daily so would appear fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Checked in and waiting to board

Asked at check in and they said they hadn't heard one way or another but they did say they didn't get any notice like last week.

Nothing in daily so would appear fixed

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks and enjoy your cruise!:D I'm on next week!:D

Dexddd I watched you pull into port canaveral. Looks kinda cloudy.

Thanks for the update.

Can you start a new thread if you have any new info?

Safe Sailing!

~Robin

Norwegian Breakaway July 2014

Carnival Miracle 2010

Carnival Legend 2006

A couple of years ago the Jewel on the same itinerary had an azipod problem that at higher speeds caused vibration. The entire itinerary times were changed as the ship needed dry dock to repair the issue and needed to run at slower speeds.

We still made the three ports of call but arrival at PC was moved back as well as departure for the two days back to NY.

Still enjoyed the trip. Got Fast Pass at Sea World ;)

We are at PC, seas were calm, peak was 13-15 feet briefly late yesterday but great, smooth ride and as noted, 21 - 22 knots. Partly sunny, low 70's, sitting at Uptown grill to relax with the crowds off the ship.

Tapatalk sent from Nexus 5 via 4GLTE/HSI

How was the weather yesterday? Glad to hear you made it in on time!

Weather yesterday was generally cool. I don't recall exact temp for a high I do now the tv said 55.4 sea temp and 46 air temp when I looked around mid day but it warmed up a bit. Kids went on slides a few times yesterday.

Today a bit chilly, cloudy, windy but the clouds parted and nice and warm in the sun. Did slides around 40 times - no waits.

• 2 weeks later...

I know a little late but giving an update.

When I went to the Officer Q&A last Saturday on BA, I asked the Chief Engineer if the problem was fixed and what was the problem.

He said something about an exhaust cam issue and it was fixed. We were close to max speed of 22.5 when we were going 22.2 the couple times I checked.

I know a little late but giving an update.

When I went to the Officer Q&A last Saturday on BA, I asked the Chief Engineer if the problem was fixed and what was the problem.

He said something about an exhaust cam issue and it was fixed. We were close to max speed of 22.5 when we were going 22.2 the couple times I checked.

Thanks, as the diesel manufacturers work to get the engines more fuel efficient and producing less emissions, they become more complex, and sometimes more "finicky" (good, technical marine engineering term).