Tipping Question

jsf

I asked last week about tipping the wait staff on the last night of cruise. We are on an Alaska cruise and the last night is in Victoria and I'm told dinner will be open seating at 5PM. We are planning to eat ashore and won't be able to tip out regular wait staff. Someone replied I should not worry because the tips are automatic and are added to your Sea Pass card. I can never remember having tips added to my account unless I select Select Dining or have pre-paid gratuties, neither apply this cruise.

Anyone have any clear info on this?

J.

Either the tips will be prepaid, such as for select, or they will be auto-charged. It has been that way for a few years. The only reason to give cash at the end is if you want to tip extra and if you want to do that and won't be there the last night then simply give it to them the night before.

I asked last week about tipping the wait staff on the last night of cruise. We are on an Alaska cruise and the last night is in Victoria and I'm told dinner will be open seating at 5PM. We are planning to eat ashore and won't be able to tip out regular wait staff. Someone replied I should not worry because the tips are automatic and are added to your Sea Pass card. I can never remember having tips added to my account unless I select Select Dining or have pre-paid gratuties, neither apply this cruise.

Anyone have any clear info on this?

J.

Most cruise lines do not do cash tips anymore, they do it on the sea pass accounts. Celebrity is one of them. Whatever you do on the last day, you do not need to tip anyone unless you want to, it will be taken care of.

From the web site:

Q: How are gratuities handled onboard?A: For your convenience, we automatically add gratuities for your restaurant and stateroom services to your onboard SeaPass® account on a daily basis in the following amounts, which may be adjusted at your discretion: • $12 per person per day in staterooms

• $12.50 per person per day in Concierge Class and AquaClass® staterooms

• $15.50 per person per day in suites

This gratuity is shared by your stateroom attendant, dining services staff, and housekeeping staff members who help enhance your vacation experience.

At your discretion, the gratuity payments may be adjusted onboard at Guest Relations, in which case they will not automatically be added to your onboard SeaPass® account.

A 15% gratuity will be automatically added to all beverages, mini bar purchases, spa and salon services. Additional gratuities may be added at your discretion.

Edited by dkjretired