Questions about Grand boarding

dancingranni

We have cruised many times on RCCL, but this is our first on Princess.(RT..SF to Hawaii on March 22). We are very excited. My question is...are the staterooms ready when you board, or do you have to wait until a certain time?

On RCCL we always had to take our carry ons with us to the buffet.

We have cruised many times on RCCL, but this is our first on Princess.(RT..SF to Hawaii on March 22). We are very excited. My question is...are the staterooms ready when you board, or do you have to wait until a certain time?

Staterooms are ready, boarding starts around Noon.

There will be a DR open Noon-1:30pm if you want a quiet lunch.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Staterooms will be ready when you board. Enjoy your cruise on the Grand. The staff was great especially those working the Piazza bar and coffee bar. Tatianna and Anna two wonderful ladies. I just disembarked on the 15th.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forums mobile app

As stated, when you board go directly to your cabin, drop/unpack your carry on, place your stuff in the safe and start you cruise. As others stated one dining room will be open from noon to 1:30pm. Other lunch options at no charge include, the International Cafe on deck 5 in the Piazza (one of my favorite spots), on the Lido Deck will be the Trident Grill, Prego Pizza (pizza by the slice), and the Horizon Ct. buffet. Alfredo's in the Piazza may also be open.

On Princess, all cabins are ready when you board so you can go directly to it, drop off your things, read the Patter and start your cruise. Also, Muster is held indoors in loungers and public spaces so you're seated and comfortable. No being lined up and crowded on deck in all kinds of weather. :)

One of the dining rooms will be open for lunch. My new favorite thing to do is to head to Alfredo's and have one of their delicious pizzas. Unlike Prego's on Lido deck, you order a personal pie, not by the slice. Delicious pizza, served at a table, and free.

On our 2/18 cruise, we were in our stateroom by 12:15. Quick bite in the IC. Anna and Tatianna are the best. Every night they were ready to take my order before I sat. Great service with a smile.

The tradeoff for being able to go to your cabin as soon as you board is that on disembarkation day you need to be out of your cabin by 8 AM.

By the way. Another difference is that on Princess you do not have to pay for Princess shore excursions in advance of sailing. So you can book them now and not have to pay until you end the cruise.