Angled Balcony Cabin Numbers on Breakaway

juniortrooper

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had a list of the cabins with angled balconies on the Breakaway. I'm trying to decide which to get.

I'm leaning towards Deck 9 but that is only because I heard those balconies are a tad larger (based on the google doc that I found on here is AWESOME by the way!). We have two other couples in our group--one wants an inside and one a balcony (still deciding 'type'). We'd love to be near each other.

In looking at the deck plans, I can see which ones are angled, like 9136 and 9736 but are 9710 and 9110 angled too? 9780 has a slight bump but I don't know if it affects the balcony. Originally we were going for the B6 but my husband thinks we should save the $200 and go for one of these.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Amy

We had an angled balcony aft on deck 12 starboard side. The balcony is MUCH larger than the regular balconies. It is quite a public balcony though; when you are standing up you have a view of all the balconies to the side, and they of you. If that matters to ya. :p

Edited by mizlorinj

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone had a list of the cabins with angled balconies on the Breakaway. I'm trying to decide which to get.

Not specifically but, see deck plans. And the following.

I'm leaning towards Deck 9 but that is only because I heard those balconies are a tad larger (based on the google doc that I found on here is AWESOME by the way!). We have two other couples in our group--one wants an inside and one a balcony (still deciding 'type'). We'd love to be near each other.

The deck 9 forward cabins on the sides of the vessel with larger balconies are category B6, with about 70 sqft balconies. The mini-suite cabins, cat M6, just below the B6's on deck 8, have the largest balconies on the sides of the vessel around 100 sqft. Did you notice the clickable links on the Spreadsheet in the Visual Aid column?

See slide #6 under the B6 link. It shows the B6's and M6's labeled from the exterior.

https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1QYTwqysC_zUyLvlEn-xEs4zmK0q6O2I1sqEeP7bP314/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd42d19e5_5_18

In looking at the deck plans, I can see which ones are angled, like 9136 and 9736 but are 9710 and 9110 angled too?

9710 and 9110 are angled as show in labeled slide #6 under B6.

9780 has a slight bump but I don't know if it affects the balcony.

9780 and 9180 balconies are not angled even though the decking is angled.

These balconies are standard size. The railing doesn't follow the deck extension so they are not larger. This can be seen in this image;

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

Originally we were going for the B6 but my husband thinks we should save the $200 and go for one of these.

Your call. It's a personal decision. Do whatever get's you on the vessel IMO. lol.

Amy

HTH

Also if you are interested in privacy on your balcony, watch out for those balconies on deck 8 and 9 just forward of the Waterfront. Folks on the Waterfront can look onto some of these balconies. Some feel it's moot. I prefer to let the pax decide.

These cabins IMO include 8780 - 8770, and one deck up 9786 - 9778. And of course their mirror sisters port side.

This can been seen in the above linked photo. Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

If that link doesn't work it is linkable from slide #5 under category MA on the Spreadsheet; NCL Breakaway Cabin/Balcony Sizes

Hope that makes sense.

Enjoy

ETA; Please notice the deckplan error offering up cat BD 8738 and 8740 as angled balconies (and their mirrors portside). These are secret angled balconies.

Edited by bear3412

We are staying in room 13290 in oct which is a bumped out bal.. Not sure how much bigger it is then a reg . bal I would love to know. ....

Judge for yourself from photos.

See slides #11 - 17. https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1Shr3_GfqMuTH1Jj5JHkIx-LILVCN325OtTuHCRmgDY4/pub?start=true&loop=true&delayms=5000#slide=id.gd493b427_2_0

Most feel it's 50% larger, which makes sense unless you are a mathematician. ;)

I'll leave it at that.

Also see that linked photo in my PP here of the exterior. Awesome photo. OK I'll paste again. lol.

Norwegian Breakaway in Rotterdam

HTH

I think I need new glasses. I thought this thread was about someone upset by the balcony cabin numbers. ANGERED Balcony Cabin Numbers. Wow I am blind as dirt. :eek:

:D Hey neighbor. That's funny. Although last year this was normal, as pax discovered their balcony was tiny. lol. They became "angered."

Therefore you are correct. Some pax were angered by their cabin assignments, once they realized their balcony was small. Totally valid and funny IMO.

You can zoom in and out using any browser fwiw, viewing this or any page. Of course you know this, but ....

Ironically many clueless pax, who fail to perform recon, are being booked into "ANGERED" 31 sqft Balconies. :D lol.

If you anticipate sailing NCL in a "new" balcony soon, perhaps you shouldn't get new glasses. lol. :D

:)

Edited by bear3412

:D Hey neighbor. That's funny. Although last year this was normal, as pax discovered their balcony was tiny. lol. They became "angered."

Therefore you are correct. Some pax were angered by their cabin assignments, once they realized their balcony was small. Totally valid and funny IMO.

You can zoom in and out using any browser fwiw, viewing this or any page. Of course you know this, but ....

Ironically many clueless pax, who fail to perform recon, are being booked into "ANGERED" 31 sqft Balconies. :D lol.

If you anticipate sailing NCL in a "new" balcony soon, perhaps you shouldn't get new glasses. lol. :D

:)

I am well aware of the zoom feature and the short cut keys to do so. I hit CTRL-+ a LOT!

• 6 months later...
Hi,

In looking at the deck plans, I can see which ones are angled, like 9136 and 9736 but are 9710 and 9110 angled too? 9780 has a slight bump but I don't know if it affects the balcony. Originally we were going for the B6 but my husband thinks we should save the $200 and go for one of these.

Amy

Amy,

Did you end up booking cabin 9710 or 9110? I've been looking at photos of the Getaway and Breakaway and it looks like even though the hull is angled, the railing continues straight, reducing the usable balcony space. If anyone has stayed in either of these cabins on the Getaway or Breakaway, please let us know what the balcony is like.

Thank you.

I finally found some YouTube videos that showed enough of these cabins to figure this out. Both cabins 9110 and 9710 have angled balcony railings resulting in a balcony that is about 50% larger than the other regular balcony cabins. With the angle to the front of the ship, these balconies offer a little bit better privacy than most. The only negative is that the ship's hull partially blocks your view directly to the front of the ship. If this doesn't bother you, these cabins are a good choice if you are looking for some extra balcony space with a BD class balcony cabin.

I was in 10876 last week. Right next to the aft elevators and stairs, so we had super easy access to everything. Our balcony was definitely much bigger and we frequently had the tripod set up to take pictures. Tripod, two chairs, mini table, and two people with cameras all fit with room for another tripod if we owned one. We both really loved our cabin.

• 4 months later...

We had angled balcony #13872 on Getaway (same as Breakaway location). If you look at the deck plans and see it is angled, you can then figure out the other cabins on the deck plans that look the same, and realize they are also angled. This is probably easier than asking someone to put together a list for you.

Our cabin was right by the stairs/elevators, which we loved, since I hate walking down the skinny hallways. I'd say it's probably 50% larger than the tiny standard balcony cabins, for the same price. 13872 is category BD. It had 2 chairs and a tiny table out there. We pulled our ottoman out there as well, so all 3 of us could sit comfortably and walk around the chairs and such. The added space is worth it, since it costs no more than standard sized.

Edited by LrgPizza

HTH

ETA; Please notice the deckplan error offering up cat BD 8738 and 8740 as angled balconies (and their mirrors portside). These are secret angled balconies.

Secret balconies for sure... and not to mention GINORMIOUS! Much thanks to another poster posting the following picture of cabin 8738, we scored it on our upcoming cruise.

Screen%20shot%202015-01-16%20at%203.42.41%20PM_zpstdoxyska.png

If you are standing at the rail of your angled balcony you can see into your neighbor's balcony. That is also true for all balconies, someone can easily stick their head around the partition dividing the balconies to take a peak. Good reason to keep your drapes closed when not fully clothed. ;)

• 3 weeks later...

We had 12272 on Breakaway and the angled balcony was significantly larger than our neighbors. And yes, if you sat out on the angled section, you could see about 3 decks worth of balconies until the next hump of the ship. But, at 6'2", I was able to stretch my legs out without pinning my knees against the plexiglass or having to turn my chair sideways and knock knees with whomever is sitting out there with me.

Another plus about this particular cabin is that it was about a 7-second walk to the elevator/stair bank. The B6 balconies are about a 350 foot stroll down those narrow corridors (inundated with steward carts, other cruisers, etc.) to the elevators. We felt we did well by booking this cabin.

We loved the angled balcony rooms. We sailed March 2014 in 9136 on the Breakaway, Port side forward. The bed was near the balcony, unlike the deck plan. The balcony was angled toward the aft, but we felt that helped protect us from some of the wind when that might have been an issue. We watched the fireworks from our balcony, too.

Last week, we sailed in cabin 14862, also an angled balcony. It too, had the bed by the balcony, unlike the deck plan. It's directly below the Garden Cafe, and although we did not hear noise from above, we did have a huge overhang above our balcony. If you like sitting out on the balcony sheltered from the weather, this is a good one. We were very close to the aft stairs. We also both liked that we felt much more of the ship's motion up on 14 than we did on 9, but not everyone our on floor liked that. (Last 2 sea days had 10 foot seas).