Ukraine crisis: Thinking of canceling Baltic cruise?

ohmark

I kind of laughed reading through most of the responses here. First, Ukraine is not even close to where most of the ships will sail in this part of the world. Second, out of the thousands of dollars going to the cruise line - probably less than 5% winds up in Russia. Third, there are conflicts all over the world - there will always be conflicts and there has always been conflicts. Anyone been to Venezuela lately (including Isla Margarita)? What about Burma or China - have you checked their civil liberties lately. The point being (this is coming from someone who has lived and traveled all over the world) is that a Baltic cruise is as safe and enjoyable as anything out there. I personally hope more people cancel - then Oceania can give us more goodies to entice travelers!

Jerry;

I have likewise lived abroad. The issue for me is not safety in St. Pete, but 100% not wanting to reward Putin's economy by spending my money in his country at this point. I can be selected about it, in that I have visited St. Pete before, but I did cancel the Black Sea cruise even before FDR eliminated the Russian ports. Again, I wasn't worried about safety in Stochi, for example, just no interested in helping Putin out economically. You of course are free to spend your money as you choose.