Halloween on RHapsody of the Seas

It recently occurred to me that DH and I will be on ROS during Halloween this year. It's a pretty big Holiday in the US. I live about 15 miles away from the Halloween Capitol of the World, Anoka Minnesota. So how big a holiday is it for you Australians? Should we consider bring costumes on our cruise? :D Just kidding! DH dislikes attending annual Halloween parties at home and would never wear a costume. I wonder if there will be anything special on our cruise to celebrate? :)

HI ,

We live in Australia and we were on Rhapsody during Halloween and took some costumes.....however only us and one young girl dressed.....it was a non event.Having said that it was 2008 but I haven,t heard any difference.

Col:)

It recently occurred to me that DH and I will be on ROS during Halloween this year. It's a pretty big Holiday in the US. I live about 15 miles away from the Halloween Capitol of the World, Anoka Minnesota. So how big a holiday is it for you Australians? Should we consider bring costumes on our cruise? :D Just kidding! DH dislikes attending annual Halloween parties at home and would never wear a costume. I wonder if there will be anything special on our cruise to celebrate? :)

This answer is Halloween connected and not cruise connected......I live in Australia and I bought lollies to give to any kids who came to my door last Halloween. No one turned up. I ate the lollies.

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Forums mobile app

We were on Radiance last Halloween and they had a great party night. Centrum was decorated, photographers with Halloween screens, dance party, very long costume parade and a huge cake and display in buffet entrance. We only took hats, some table decorations, trick or treat sweets and dressed in black or orange. We were on Top End cruise and maybe they were expecting more US cruisers aboard. It was a fun night.

We were on Radiance last Halloween and they had a great party night. Centrum was decorated, photographers with Halloween screens, dance party, very long costume parade and a huge cake and display in buffet entrance. We only took hats, some table decorations, trick or treat sweets and dressed in black or orange. We were on Top End cruise and maybe they were expecting more US cruisers aboard. It was a fun night.

I was on this trip as well and it was a great night. The party in Centrum went on into the wee hours. There were competitions etc. The Entertainment staff did a great version of 'Thriller'. We won dinner for our group at Chops in the Concierge Lounge competition!

I have never done Halloween before but decided to do this one. So glad I did. It was fabulous.

1422581_10151935393697829_672494649_n.jpg

1454834_10151935395052829_967446342_n.jpg

1559744_10152096110442829_897169294_n.jpg

1526721_10152096110317829_405563816_n.jpg

YES Take costumes.

Raina

Edited by AussieVisi2r

We have done Halloween on Rhapsody and Voyager. They were big events, bigger than we expected, with crew dressing up, decorations around the ship, special entertainment - many passengers dressed up, including Aussies who would not normally celebrate Halloween.

If I knew how to post a photo, I would :)

Happy cruising.

Well, maybe I'll bring something small (like hats or wigs ect.) for both of us the wear. Every year we make sure to be home by 7 pm with a bowl full of treats ready to hand out to the neighborhood kids. I don't think we've ever missed it!:eek:

Photos are easy IF you use another website like facebook first. Let me know if you want the steps to do it.

Raina

Raina would you mind giving me the steps to do it? I use Facebook.

Edited by jennyau

Raina would you mind giving me the steps to do it? I use Facebook.

Well that makes it easy!!

Open two tabs. One with Facebook, the other with the thread you are adding to.

Go to your Facebook page and click to open the picture so it is the 'full page' picture. Right click on the image and go to COPY IMAGE URL. Click on that.

Then go to the other tab. Go to the thread and get the curser where you want the photo to go. Click on the icon at the top - second row - mountains with sun picture. That will bring up a box, Right click and paste. Click OK.

Thats it.

Have a go and let me know if I messed up an instruction.

Raina

Well that makes it easy!!

Open two tabs. One with Facebook, the other with the thread you are adding to.

Go to your Facebook page and click to open the picture so it is the 'full page' picture. Right click on the image and go to COPY IMAGE URL. Click on that.

Then go to the other tab. Go to the thread and get the curser where you want the photo to go. Click on the icon at the top - second row - mountains with sun picture. That will bring up a box, Right click and paste. Click OK.

Thats it.

Have a go and let me know if I messed up an instruction.

Raina

I'm thinking getting off my phone and getting on my laptop would be a good idea.