Carnival and the Mexican Riviera

omar151

If offered I would have taken the 13 April sailing..but alas there is no 7 day Mex Riv sailing..the last on is 5 April I believe.. as a result I am taking a 4 day on 13 April..NOT the same.

JGB

If offered I would have taken the 13 April sailing..but alas there is no 7 day Mex Riv sailing..the last on is 5 April I believe.. as a result I am taking a 4 day on 13 April..NOT the same.

JGB

Ya .... I have taken the 7 or 8 day Mex Riv cruises out of Long Beach and or San Diego 6 times. Just a fun time.

I think one of the reasons they don't is due to weather . Summer is rainy season and much hotter so not to popular, plus it's easier to transition a ship on the west coast to the Alaska cruises

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

Does anybody think that Carnival will every offer the 7 day Mexican Riviera cruise on a year round basis again instead of a few sailing dates? Oh how I miss it so. :confused:

We all know Carnival is definitely not the type to leave money on the table...

If year round sailings were a successful money maker, you can be assured they'd still be offering them.

My guess, not popular enough to warrant year round.

The good news for the west coast is that cruise lines are returning. NCL, HAL, Celebrity and Princess are all doing Mexican Riviera or California Coastal cruises. Even Royal is returning to the west coast with a handful of sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

The good news for the west coast is that cruise lines are returning. NCL, HAL, Celebrity and Princess are all doing Mexican Riviera or California Coastal cruises. Even Royal is returning to the west coast with a handful of sailings.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oh i did not know that. Thank you Tapi

The keyword is handful -- they've got a long way to go to return the the good times of 5 or 6 years ago. :(

We've done 17 cruises from San Diego. Now we have to fly to cruise -- I know, it's a "first world problem" :rolleyes:

We just booked the 4 day Ensenada and Catalina Inspiration sailing for May 12. $170/person. Can't beat that and couldn't pass that one up!

This will be my third time on Carnival and first time to both these ports. I'm looking forward to it.

Edited by stobe1

We just booked the 4 day Ensenada and Catalina Inspiration sailing for May 12. $170/person. Can't beat that and couldn't pass that one up!

This will be my third time on Carnival and first time to both these ports. I'm looking forward to it.

That's a great rate. Where did you find that? Cheapest I've found is @239 for interior.

Just going to miss you stobe1....My we are sailing on the Inspiration on May 18. Got the same deal as you did. The deal was only up for a day or so. Figured 4 days of cruising is better than not cruising at all :)

we will be with you....too good of a deal to pass up ....:)

and I just got off of the Imagination a few weeks ago at a better rate then this...my DS is sailing solo with us and without a single supplement total $247.92.....

Fully you would ask that.A few coworkers were just asking if it was comming back or if any ships were going to Cabo.it seems no one wants to go to Ensenada but me

Ya I miss the routes Carnival had to Cabo......been on the Elation, Spirit, Splendor, and Pride all from Southern CA....no it is far and few between to find them. Very sad.

I really hope they're planning on bringing back the 5 day itinerary. It seems kinds silly to me to have both the Imagination and the Inspiration doing the exact same 3 & 4 day cruise to Catalina & Ensinada.

Maybe it's because I live here (20 minutes to the port!) But I can't bring myself to shell out the money to go on a cruise to Catalina. Skip those ports give me 2 days at sea and a day in Cabo

I really hope they're planning on bringing back the 5 day itinerary. It seems kinds silly to me to have both the Imagination and the Inspiration doing the exact same 3 & 4 day cruise to Catalina & Ensinada.

Maybe it's because I live here (20 minutes to the port!) But I can't bring myself to shell out the money to go on a cruise to Catalina. Skip those ports give me 2 days at sea and a day in Cabo

Totally agree.... I would just love to have a choice of a longer cruise out of Long Beach.