Use Future cruise certificate on celebrity?

You can book a Celebrity cruise while on a RCL ship & vise versa....but you can't use a Royal Next cruise to book a celebrity cruise...each line has their own specific next cruise certificate...Celebrity is called Passages...or it was a few years back when I got one...

I seem to remember seeing a sign on the Brilliance in February saying we can book a celebrity cruise on board. Am I remembering correctly?

And can a future cruise certificate be used for Celebrity?

Yes, you can book a Celebrity cruise on Royal.

Regarding the future cruise certificate, Royal sold those too (Celebrity Passage), however they have always been separate from Royal's certificates. In other words, you buy the certificate for the specific cruise line, and it cannot be used on the other cruise line.

I am assuming you are talking about a next cruise certificate and not a future cruise certificate. Future cruise certificates are when they give you a % back from your cruise for compensation for problems on board to use for a future cruise. They have restrictions on them, expire in 1 year and sometimes cannot be used if you have any other incentive or sale. We have two that we have not been able to use on our last 3 bookings, they have extended the expiration date from a sail by date to a book by date. You can not use the Future Cruise Certificate on another Royal line. If you are talking about a Next Cruise Certificate, I know you can book Celebrity on board but am unsure if you can do an open booking.

Thanks for the great info. We are on the Allure in May and would like to book a celebrity cruise and get OBC but are not sure if October 2015 on Celebrity will be available. They are not listed as of last night.

question about Future Cruise Certificate. We went on enchantment in Feb, 6 of us. We were supposed to have connecting rooms and we didn't so I am assuming this is why we got 3 certificates today, not sure if we will get 3 more. Can this be used for Liberty or does it have to be for another Enchantment booking?

question about Future Cruise Certificate. We went on enchantment in Feb, 6 of us. We were supposed to have connecting rooms and we didn't so I am assuming this is why we got 3 certificates today, not sure if we will get 3 more. Can this be used for Liberty or does it have to be for another Enchantment booking?

Were these FCC issued due to the fact that your cabin arrangements were messed up? Do they have a monetary value on them as well as as expiration date? If yes, then they can be used on any ship within the time frame listed on the certificate, which is usually 1 year from issuing date.

Were these FCC issued due to the fact that your cabin arrangements were messed up? Do they have a monetary value on them as well as as expiration date? If yes, then they can be used on any ship within the time frame listed on the certificate, which is usually 1 year from issuing date.

I am assuming yes, the letter stated an apology with inconvenience on board.

yes, a monetary value on them

yes, they have an expiration date

thanks

You can use them on all ships but the fine print says you cannot use them on holiday sailings, and a few other exclusions. We have had a hard time using ours ($210), as we could not use it over a New Years cruise (our next cruise), then we could not use it with the WOW sale they had last month so we chose $300 OBC with the WOW sale over the Future Cruise Credit, and the last one we booked we could not combine it with 3rd & 4th passenger free. So we still have a FCC after booking 3 cruises, good luck booking with it. We will probably use it for a last minute no offer just low price cruise.

I am assuming yes, the letter stated an apology with inconvenience on board.

yes, a monetary value on them

yes, they have an expiration date

thanks

Since we have booked three times since receiving them and could not use them they extended the expiration date to a book by date so if you have problems using them on your next booking ask for this extension, if they say no hang up and call back to get a different person because they will do it.

well I guess they are useless then. We are going on Liberty over Thanksgiving with the 3rd, 4th passenger free. This is crazy, they screw up give us money back in form of gift certificate and we cannot use it under our own terms:confused::eek:. I will have our travel agent double check to be safe and get the expiration extended.

Thanks everyone