Is this normal or is there a problemo?

Hi

Me and my gf booked our next cruise for October this year and have paid a deposit to our travel agent. On our account when we go on to drinks packages/excursions etc it says

'In order to make a reservation for this selection, you must make at least one payment towards your cruise holiday'.

Is this normal for it not to show up as the date is too faraway or is somthing else going on:confused:

Was your deposit paid to the TA or to Royal???

If they ran it as XYZPDQ agency, then you may have a problem....

Deposit was paid to a travel agency,

everything else is showing up ok when we log in to royal caribbean, the reservation number and all or details come up.

So, on your CC statement it says XYZPDQ and NOT Royal Caribbean??

Yes, Houston, you may have a problem...

If you just did it recently, then maybe the payment wasn't posted.....Call the TA and ask them...you may also have to insist on a 3-way call with Royal..

It could be a glitch.....but call the TA and have them call Royal......

You SHOULD be able to buy stuff as soon as the deposit is posted.....

This happened to a friend of mine recently as well, and her cruise was paid in full! I think it's another example of the many issues RCCL is having with their system right now. I wouldn't worry. It will probably be resolved soon.

Edited by yj2cute

So, on your CC statement it says XYZPDQ and NOT Royal Caribbean??

Yes, Houston, you may have a problem...

If you just did it recently, then maybe the payment wasn't posted.....Call the TA and ask them...you may also have to insist on a 3-way call with Royal..

It could be a glitch.....but call the TA and have them call Royal......

You SHOULD be able to buy stuff as soon as the deposit is posted.....

Do you know what XYZPDQ stands for? Or, what is the significance of this? Just wondering....

Do you know what XYZPDQ stands for? Or, what is the significance of this? Just wondering....

XYZPDQ is like saying ABC123, or insert TA name here. The point the other poster was trying to convey is that regardless of the TA used, all payments should show ROYAL CARIBBEAN, and not the name of the travel agency. If it shows the travel agent name that is a major red flag. Insist all payments show Royal Caribbean. If not, ditch the agent or agency.

XYZPDQ is like saying ABC123, or insert TA name here. The point the other poster was trying to convey is that regardless of the TA used, all payments should show ROYAL CARIBBEAN, and not the name of the travel agency. If it shows the travel agent name that is a major red flag. Insist all payments show Royal Caribbean. If not, ditch the agent or agency.

Exactly...thank you....

Really didn't think it was all that difficult to understand that it was just being generic....and yes, upon further thought I see that there could be a joke, but really, I was just being generic....and maybe a little entertaining..... ;)

Edited by megr1125

XYZ always meant "zip your zipper" so zip your zipper pretty damn quick :D

Edited by nbsjcruiser

Just call your TA and have them clarify it with the cruise line. That's what the TA is for, to deal with problems for you.

Actually we had the same thing happen with our last cruise (a Carnival ship) and with the upcoming Oasis for November. One call to our TA, and she got it fixed up. Nothing nefarious happening at all. Be sure to let us know how it goes.

Credit card statement for the deposit is under Royal carribeans name, the booking was only made in the last week.

probably just over thinking it, but taught it was weird that its not showing up, read somewhere else that someone had the same problem and the replies were that the cruise was too far away (7months) for these options to be open and accessible on the account.

Just for a balanced view if you are using any of the big UK travel companies any payment are likely to show 'Virgin Holidays' / 'Kuoni' etc that is perfectly normal. Booking through a a travel company in the UK the payments will all be processed by them especially if it's an ATOL package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

A travel agent would forward your payment information to Royal and thus would populate your Confirmation Number. I would call your Travel Agent Pronto because when we booked our cruise we got the Royal Caribbean Confirmation Number the same day after booking in an email with a weblink you can view the information about the reservation and payment details.

You should be able to purchase the shore excursions when they open up. Perhaps its too early for you to purchase the shore excursions. I purchased mine after final payment date and had no problems doing so except for the time their website was down for updates etc.

Possibly your reservation hasn't cleared the Royal Caribbean system so you could try calling the Web Support Desk and ask them to see if everything is in order then have them transfer you to Shore Excursions and try booking it over the phone.

I have a cruise booked in October and the same thing happened to me. I paid my deposit weeks before, but when I went to book shore excursions I got the same message. One call to the T.A. fixed it. I was able to book shore excursions a while ago, so that is not the problem. Royals website is a royal pain.