Beverage pkg - can 1 person get drinks for 2 people?

sarawithanh

With the drink pkg, hub and I are considering the perk for classic.

My mom mentioned that ships won't let one person go get drinks god the two of us. That they are strict about one drink per person. Do they also track time between drinks etc?

I think on carnival my friends had a 14 drink per day max, insane. Not like we would even get close to that. Lolol

My DH has been able to get 2 glasses of wine to bring to our cabin but you do need to have both cards. Yes they do swipe the card and therefore have the tome the drink was served.

And they do (at least sometimes) check to see it's in fact your card - so if you only present one card and it's not yours you may be challenged to present your own. (I was carrying both cards and mistakenly presented my wife's when ordering one beer - I was challenged)

Edited by wpgcycler

There have been some posters here who thought there may be a 10 minute rule between drinks on the same card, but others have disputed this, and I have never seen it confirmed. One thing that has been mentioned often is that you can't get 2 drinks at once, even if they are totally different, such as a cocktail and a club soda. My DH actually does this sometimes at a restaurant here at home, not sure if he has ever tried it on a ship --- he'll be annoyed if it has to be 2 separate transactions 10 min apart for our May cruise.

There have been some posters here who thought there may be a 10 minute rule between drinks on the same card, but others have disputed this, and I have never seen it confirmed. One thing that has been mentioned often is that you can't get 2 drinks at once, even if they are totally different, such as a cocktail and a club soda. My DH actually does this sometimes at a restaurant here at home, not sure if he has ever tried it on a ship --- he'll be annoyed if it has to be 2 separate transactions 10 min apart for our May cruise.

Never had any trouble getting cocktails or wine and a Pelegrino (fancy club soda :D). Also never had trouble getting Specialty coffees at CaB along with liqueurs and/or Pelegrino. My experience was that the servers are there to make your cruise a happy one.

I can tell you firs hand there is absolutely not a ten minute rule.

I can also point to the fact that on your bill it shows the exact time that drinks go through down to the second. One night I was looking at it saying how could I have drank 5 drinks in 10 minutes, and then I realized the bartender, who had my seapass memorized put all my drinks through right about closing, rather than run each transaction:)

If there were some sort of block or need for an override I am sure he would not have done that.