RCCL called re Royal Replenishment Package

iuki

So what did they say was "premium coffee", since the drinks you had been getting had now been changed?

And FWIW, you didn't get "Starbucks", you got espresso drinks made by baristas at, I assume, Cafe Promenade, which may or may not have been made with Starbucks espresso beans.

"Starbucks", as defined by the Replenish package, means "espresso drinks made at a proper, branded Starbucks location, which is only on Allure and Oasis, and isn't included in Replenish". Whew. Lotta words. But using the wrong phrases is what is confusing this whole thing.

But really, what did they say was included in "premium coffee"? What had you been getting?

Good question. I don't know any venue for specialty coffee on Grandeur except for Cafe Latte-tudes.

My uncle and I were on the Granduer in feb 10 night western. We both had the replenish package. For the first 7 days we had Starbucks 3-4 times a day which was included. After day 7 the same drinks that we had with the replenish package we had to pay for. When we asked why we were informed that the ship had just received news that it was new policy. Some people were upset that they changed the policy mid-cruise. So they are still working out bugs in the system.

Changing policy mid cruise is really bad form. It is a sure way to cause disgruntled customers. It should be made quite clear to people exactly what is included in the packages before people buy. And even if initially in the cruise they were including something that they should not have been, though I do not think that is the case as specialty coffees are supposed to be included, RCI should have just eaten the lost revenue for the rest of the cruise.

I'm pretty sure I've read you must order drinks one at a time with the booze packages but what about replenish?

If I'm sitting at the pool and a server comes by asking if I need anything, could I give my card and order a virgin pina colada and a bottle of water and tip on receipt I get back and he only has to go to the bar once? It would seem crazy to wait to order the bottle of water when he comes back with virgin drink; unnecessary work for waiter, not really a big bother for me but inefficient.

Same goes if at breakfast want to get them started on both fresh squeezed OJ and a latte as both will take awhile to get so I'd want to order them at the same time..........

I'm pretty sure I've read you must order drinks one at a time with the booze packages but what about replenish?

If I'm sitting at the pool and a server comes by asking if I need anything, could I give my card and order a virgin pina colada and a bottle of water and tip on receipt I get back and he only has to go to the bar once? It would seem crazy to wait to order the bottle of water when he comes back with virgin drink; unnecessary work for waiter, not really a big bother for me but inefficient.

Same goes if at breakfast want to get them started on both fresh squeezed OJ and a latte as both will take awhile to get so I'd want to order them at the same time..........

It's the same with the repenish, at least it was like this on the Jewel. You couldn't order a coffee at Caffe Latte Tudes and a bottled water (at least the barrista told me that it is supposed to be just one order at a time). He gave me the bottle anyway.

Most of the time when I got up I went to Caffe Latte Tudes to get my Starbucks Coffee, carried on to the Windjammer for breakfast, got the waiter to bring me an orange juice and when I left the Windjammer I got a bottle of water at the bar inside the Windjammer (and if there was no waiting line at Latte Tudes I got another bottle there.

Better get your bottled water (for your land excursion or beach time) the night before then you don't have to wait in line.

If on the other hand you're a couple and show both card at the same time you'll get two drinks at the same time.

I would think you have to get the latte before you go to breakfast from the café. Just my thoughts though.

It's the same with the repenish, at least it was like this on the Jewel. You couldn't order a coffee at Caffe Latte Tudes and a bottled water (at least the barrista told me that it is supposed to be just one order at a time). He gave me the bottle anyway.

quote]

You can order lattes in MDR at breakfast and dinner too, right? I wouldn't mind grabbing one for breakfast if no line but otherwise want to go to breakfast with everyone and order specialty coffee there with the meal. You don't have to finish a drink to order another, do you? Say when I sit down and they do drink orders I say I'll have OJ and put in that order. When they come back around for breakfast order, I place a latte order.

I assume a lot more people are ordering specialty coffee with dinner with these packages now. Is it hard to get one with dessert or best to put in the order early? Seems like they would need to increase bar servers in MDR with the packages or there would be delays getting drinks, alcohol or otherwise drinks.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone who has been on Oasis or Allure where there is a "True" Starbucks location, what is being served in the Cafe Promenade with regards to specialty coffee and teas? I am a BIG Starbucks drinker, latte's etc - would I be disappointed in the specialty coffees from Cafe Promenade or MDR? I could see this being a money saver for me unless I am still jonesing for a Starbucks...

Six of us ordered the Royal Replenish package. We all asked individually whether the Starbucks on the Navigator of the Seas was included. There were 3 different individuals selling the package at the table in the Promenade and all 3 said YES you could order from Starbucks. I anticipated a hassle if I tried to order from Starbucks w/ the package, but all of us were able to order at various times, ANYTHING from Starbucks and it was included on the Royal Replenish. No one batted an eye.

This was pretty recent (3/23/14 "Galveston Oil Spill" cruise)

For anyone who has been on Oasis or Allure where there is a "True" Starbucks location, what is being served in the Cafe Promenade with regards to specialty coffee and teas? I am a BIG Starbucks drinker, latte's etc - would I be disappointed in the specialty coffees from Cafe Promenade or MDR? I could see this being a money saver for me unless I am still jonesing for a Starbucks...

The starbucks in on the Promenade in front of the karaoke bar (can't remember the name of it) and the art auction place (again can't remember the name of it lol).

Thank you clarea, you answered my question perfectly! However, I should have asked........Do they make "decaf specialty coffees" in Cafe Promenade and such venues that are offered on the replenish package? My bad, not yours! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you clarea, you answered my question perfectly! However, I should have asked........Do they make "decaf specialty coffees" in Cafe Promenade and such venues that are offered on the replenish package? My bad, not yours! Thanks again!

Yes, they have decaf specialty coffee.

Thank you so much!! My sister is traveling with me, she is a big decaf iced coffee drinker. Having this info to give her helps me! [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Every day on Freedom I got a decaf iced latte in the evening. With Replenish :)

Six of us ordered the Royal Replenish package. We all asked individually whether the Starbucks on the Navigator of the Seas was included. There were 3 different individuals selling the package at the table in the Promenade and all 3 said YES you could order from Starbucks. I anticipated a hassle if I tried to order from Starbucks w/ the package, but all of us were able to order at various times, ANYTHING from Starbucks and it was included on the Royal Replenish. No one batted an eye.

This was pretty recent (3/23/14 "Galveston Oil Spill" cruise)

OK. But there's no "Starbucks" on Navigator. You got Starbucks brand espresso drinks from a location that probably had Starbucks cups and even straws, but it didn't have the big huge STARBUCKS signage like it's a real Starbucks location. It was a place that uses Starbucks, but isn't A Starbucks. That's why you could use it. They don't have the other place where you can't use it. :)

If you went on Allure or Oasis, both of which have a proper, branded, Starbucks location, you couldn't have used Replenish there. You would have had to go to the MDR or the espresso drinks location wherever it is on Oasis and Allure.

I listed it in post number 6 of this thread.

How do they compare to a similar drink at Starbucks - is it Seattle's Best or other...basically i am trying to determine if I am going to be spending money on the "true" Starbucks or not?

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

How do they compare to a similar drink at Starbucks - is it Seattle's Best or other...basically i am trying to determine if I am going to be spending money on the "true" Starbucks or not?

Why don't you wait until you are on board, try the different coffee, and then decide to get the package or not?