What is your favorite Princess cruise food?

thecruiserofships

The pizza!!! YUM!

And also the vegetarian sandwiches which are available through room service.

DELICIOUS!!!

So many people praise the pizza. I don't get it. On Sea Princess we had great pizza at Cafe Corniche but that's not available on most ships. On Star Princess we had really poor pizza. I would compare it to the $5 "hot and ready" crap from Little Ceasars. It was NOT good pizza. Maybe this was an aberration , I don't know. I just know that I tried the pizza multiple times and, every time, the very I best can say about it is that it was not good.

Hmm, favorite Princess food... Where do I even begin?

I have to agree with everyone else in that the fettuccine Alfredo in a Parmesan bowl is FANTASTIC. Even better with grilled shrimp on the side.

My family and I dined at The Crown Grill on the Caribbean Princess for the first time on our last cruise. We were not disappointed. The steaks were cooked perfectly and the lobster was a nice complement. Outstanding meal.

On a more random note, I also really enjoy the french toast, strawberry sorbet, peach Bellini soup, Pina Colada soup, goat cheese souffle, seafood skewers with mango salsa, spring rolls, and cronuts. But that's just to name a few :)

And desserts? Don't even get me started. You can never go wrong on the dessert menu. I do have to mention the peanut butter chocolate ice cream, however. It was the best ice cream I've ever had!

Edited by ZouBoo

I'm probably the only one that will say this but for some reason I just love the breakfast sausage in the HC (they also have it in the MDR). It might be because I don't eat sausages except on the cruise but they are delicious.

Lol, I can understand that because after reading this, I remembered that I really like the corned beef hash in the HC (like you said, not something I ever eat at home).

Lol, I can understand that because after reading this, I remembered that I really like the corned beef hash in the HC (like you said, not something I ever eat at home).

I agree love the corn beef hash and only time I have it!

I see many of my favorites already listed so I will just add a couple others. I love the Bowtie Pasta with Veal that is served one night as a side pasta dish. I love getting a Filet Mignon at the Crown Grill and ordering béarnaise sauce and mushroom gravy sauce on the side. The shrimp salad in the International Café is one of my favorites. I find it a great snack after a day in port. Once a cruise I get a cheeseburger and fries at the Lido Grill. Many may disagree but I really enjoy it.

I'm one who likes most of Princess' food. I hope you do too.:):):)

You can never go wrong with the Fettuccini Alfredo...order the entrée size and it comes in a parmesan bowl... yum!

Mmmmm this is my favorite! I also like the cherry cheesecake and chicken salad sandwiches down at the international cafe

I, too, like the Fettuccini Alfredo. But I miss the times when the dead waiter prepared it table size.

Has anyone seen this done on a recent cruise?

P.S. The last time I ordered it was on Caribbean Princess. It arrived lukewarm and stuck together. A dog wouldn't have eaten It!:eek:

Edited by Stevesan

We had remembered how delicious the fettucini alfredo in the parmesan bowl was when we cruised on the Golden a couple yrs ago, so were excited to have it again on the Grand last wk. It was terrible--the parmesan was tough, not crispy, and the pasta was sticky and gummy. We tried it twice to make sure it wasn't just a one-time mess-up, but it was awful both times. The waiters said that this was the way it always was on the Grand. So disappointing. . .We had an asparagus in scrambled egg dish in the dining room for breakfast one morning, served with amazing creamy scalloped potatoes. The best dish of the cruise!

My favorite is the Goat Cheese Souffle. In the past I enjoyed the Cheese Cake. This past cruise was my first cruise since finding out that I'm diabetic. I tried quite a few of the sugar-free deserts and really enjoyed most of them. Don't hesitate to try them.

Worst lasagna ever (sorry, IMO it's not 'real' lasagna at all)

/quote]

Actually, it is not the traditional lasagna. It is Lasagna Bolognese with a Bechamel Sauce. It's richer and creamer that the typical lasagna.

Ah, so that's why it tastes so weird! I cannot stomach it. It just doesn't taste like what I expect at all. Thanks for the explanation. ;)

I'm probably the only one that will say this but for some reason I just love the breakfast sausage in the HC (they also have it in the MDR). It might be because I don't eat sausages except on the cruise but they are delicious.

So does my DH! He adores the sausages and is always so happy that they have the regular sausage and a different type every morning. No other cruise line does that kind of a switch up that we've seen. Also on German night, it's a sausage-lover's dream.