Organizing Accessories at Home

I just got home from a business trip and two boxes from my parents were waiting for me. The Ladies have arrived!

6bf05813-93ed-4d7c-aa4e-4d6795088b39_zps22227e94.jpg

There are metal loops on their backs for mounting them on the walls, but I think one will hang on a chain from the ceiling in the corner and the other will go on top of the dresser. My mom already wants to know how I am going to dress the ladies. Not sure yet, but is will come together.

I checked all of my paint work from last weekend and needed to touch up two of the pieces. The plan this weekend is to start spray painting the pieces that will be white and add the hooks, chicken wire, and wires to the blue pieces. If I can get this all accomplished this weekend, then next weekend I can start assembling the wall. After that, Walt and I will be building the headboard and re-doing the closet....eventually my guest room will be amazing. :D

Lisa

I just got home from a business trip and two boxes from my parents were waiting for me. The Ladies have arrived!

6bf05813-93ed-4d7c-aa4e-4d6795088b39_zps22227e94.jpg

There are metal loops on their backs for mounting them on the walls, but I think one will hang on a chain from the ceiling in the corner and the other will go on top of the dresser. My mom already wants to know how I am going to dress the ladies. Not sure yet, but is will come together.

I checked all of my paint work from last weekend and needed to touch up two of the pieces. The plan this weekend is to start spray painting the pieces that will be white and add the hooks, chicken wire, and wires to the blue pieces. If I can get this all accomplished this weekend, then next weekend I can start assembling the wall. After that, Walt and I will be building the headboard and re-doing the closet....eventually my guest room will be amazing. :D

Lisa

Of course it will be amazing...looks who's designing it and building it...the incredible Lisa and Walt!:D Love the ladies and can't wait to see how you doll them up. I'm really looking forward to seeing the final project!:D

Hey gang, if you read me sig. you will see a reference to where you can see even more pictures of this project. I will keep posting pics on CC, but if you want to see the entire process, go to the website that cannot be named. :rolleyes:;):rolleyes:

Lisa

Lisa,

Please still keep posting pictures of your accessory wall project here too when you can. Please!:) I don't have a FB page.:( I only do Cruise Critic because I feel safe and comfortable here and I'm not a computer savvy person as you can tell by the fact that I still haven't learned to post pictures yet.:o

Lisa,

Please still keep posting pictures of your accessory wall project here too when you can. Please!:) I don't have a FB page.:( I only do Cruise Critic because I feel safe and comfortable here and I'm not a computer savvy person as you can tell by the fact that I still haven't learned to post pictures yet.:o

Oh, I am posting on both. Just more pics are on FB since I don't have to deal with space limitation on photo bucket and only 6 pictures per post on CC. No worries on me disappearing from CC... :)

Lisa

Oh, I am posting on both. Just more pics are on FB since I don't have to deal with space limitation on photo bucket and only 6 pictures per post on CC. No worries on me disappearing from CC... :)

Lisa

Glad to hear it!:D I'll be off the boards for a bit as I'm off to FL next Tues. I'll be visiting my folks so I won't be posting as much but I'll be checking in:D

Bookcase is now a clutchcase! The rain has prevented me from painting, so I am rearranging furniture today.

[ATTACH]307729[/ATTACH]

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Love it!:D

Thanks y'all for the compliments. Mousey, I love vintage silk scarves. I have so many that I could probably wear a different one for two months before repeating. I live next to a town that has over 40% of the population 70+. The thrift shops there are a gold mine for vintage clothes and accessories.

I also love pins, earrings, and of course hats. I saw a fantastic vintage hat stand at an antique store, but it's not for sale. Bummer. Now I am trying to find one I like to add to the corner of the room. And it will be painted blue. There is not much I can't do with a can of spray paint, some contact paper, and fabric. Luckily Walt is great at wood work and has a dedicated workshop in the basement to construct my ideas.

Today it is raining, so I won't be able to spray paint. Humidity is way too high for it to dry correctly. So, perhaps we will go to JoAnn's and Michael's and browse for some more do-dads. :D

Lisa

BBM

You would have loved my mother! When she died 20 years ago at 80, she had 204 silk scarves running the gamut from Hermes to Macy's with everything imaginable in between.....

I still have all of them except for a handful that my niece (my mother's only grandchild) couldn't live without: Needless to say lots of what's remaining go cruising too!

Am enjoying this thread immensely!!

BBM

You would have loved my mother! When she died 20 years ago at 80, she had 204 silk scarves running the gamut from Hermes to Macy's with everything imaginable in between.....

I still have all of them except for a handful that my niece (my mother's only grandchild) couldn't live without: Needless to say lots of what's remaining go cruising too!

Am enjoying this thread immensely!!

Thank you! I live in a community with 45% of the population over 70, so I find a bunch of my silk scarves at the thrift shops. Beautiful vintage scarves from the 1940's-1980's for $2 each. My mom had a gorgeous peacock scarf in the 70's that she thinks my younger sister has now. Lyss does not wear scarves, so I am going to attempt to persuade her to give it to me. I may have to swap one of my Calvin Klein jackets for it, but it will be worth it. :)

Lisa

I made some more progress over the weekend. Saturday was a wash out on painting due to the rain, so I rearranged the furniture and worked on a few other things.

5aab524a-3c92-4ec0-a4c9-cd33fc89a90d_zpsd02db722.jpg

c8323b03-3785-470d-aff2-8f85d7058696_zps9fab449a.jpg

Sunday was a great day for spray painting, but unfortunately I bought Krylon. Don't buy Krylon...it was horrible. It does not spray evenly or consistently, so I threw it out. I am buying Rustoleum 2X in white today. Rustoleum is what I used for the blue and that came out fabulous. Here is the collection of things I am painting white.

3fe24a25-69b4-46b3-bc75-100dd7df4fd4_zpsb0071ff3.jpg

Lisa

Lisa,

I'm amazed at what a busy bee you are! All that traveling for work and then instead of just sitting on your butt and relaxing...you work it off doing crafts instead! :D Love the energy! Hope your sister gives up the scarf...if she'll trade...I'd also give up the jacket. The scarf sounds lovely and you would appreciate it so much. LOL!:D Please post a picture of it if you do get it.

Edited by mousey

Thank you! I live in a community with 45% of the population over 70, so I find a bunch of my silk scarves at the thrift shops. Beautiful vintage scarves from the 1940's-1980's for $2 each. My mom had a gorgeous peacock scarf in the 70's that she thinks my younger sister has now. Lyss does not wear scarves, so I am going to attempt to persuade her to give it to me. I may have to swap one of my Calvin Klein jackets for it, but it will be worth it. :)

Lisa

BBM

Go for it, and please post a photo when you get it!

My sister is sending me my favorite scarf!!! Woo Hoo! She said I did not need to send her anything, but I am still shipping her my jacket that she loves.

At lunch today I ran into the Hallmark store to buy a birthday card for my dad. $50 later I leave with a card, a koozie with an "L" embroidered on it and these Maggie Weldon pieces for my rings and stud earrings...

733117fb-0571-44e2-861a-96e4cd6334c7_zps1973fcab.jpg

Lisa

I have been spray painting the last few days and the white items are done with the paint. Here is what I was up to this evening on the accessory wall...

The octagon frame now has two wires going across it and I staple gunned fabric to the back. This will be for my sunglasses to hang on. The wire is the wire for picture frames.

octagon_zps3e55038c.jpg

I added chicken wire to this frame to hang earrings and I may add some giant "S" hooks for scarves.

bluerectangle_zps58d5fbed.jpg

This one I added three white hooks and stapled more fabric to the back. I plan on using this to display my statement necklaces.

WhiteRectangle_zpsa4d268db.jpg

That's it for this evening. If anyone has questions, please fire away. This project has been a learning experience for me and I am happy to help anyone that will try doing their own accessory wall. :)

Lisa

Today I went to Hobby Lobby and found the inspiration for this transformation. I will be hanging some scarves over the ribbons. The fabric in the background was a remnant for $4 (30" x 40") and half of that was used for the this. I stapled one side of the ribbons to the frame, then inserted the fabric board. Once that was in place I stapled the other side of the ribbons. To hold the board in place I simply used the extra ribbon on the back and stapled it to the frame. Remember, the patterns do not have to be the same throughout as long as the color scheme stays constant.

1d237467-3b3f-4255-8cf1-e39fa978c568_zpsff281b2b.jpg

Lisa