Organizing Accessories at Home

Tomorrow is the day that we start hanging everything that I have been working on. I have purchased more items to paint, but decided to start getting things on the wall before painting anything else. It is getting exciting now! :D

Lisa

Did you paint or use tape for the stripes on the dresser and bookcase? If tape what did you use?

Thanks.

Love following your decorating.

I used contact paper that I bought on Amazon.

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Lisa,

I see this as a start of a side business for you. After all your friends see how wonderful everything looks, they can get the word out. Word of mouth can be the best advertising.:) Many wildly successful businesses started out with some little home project.

I used contact paper that I bought on Amazon.

Lisa

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Thanks. Probably going to do that over the summer. DD moving into her first apt and furnishing it with used, mismatched furniture.

Thanks. Probably going to do that over the summer. DD moving into her first apt and furnishing it with used, mismatched furniture.

thank you all for the ah-ha moment. I have mismatched furniture in my bedroom [bookshelf, chest/drawers] that i need but don't work together. All I need now is a color scheme....framed accessories would be pretty cool in here

Today I have spent the day hanging almost everything on the wall. I have used my stud finder, level, anchor screws, picture hooks, bolts, a ceiling hook, my Dewalt Power Drill, a hammer, and probably some more random stuff. I ran out of hanging brackets and need a chain to hang the second "lady". So, other than a few random things, it's 95% done. I will definitely post pictures when it is all done, but here are some from throughout today.

Tip: hang the bigger stuff first.

photo1_zpsab563207.jpg

Then hang some stuff on it so you know where to hang other things (sorry this one is blurry)

photo2_zpsfb9aea57.jpg

Add more to the walls

photo3_zpscd6a6921.jpg

Start filling in with the smaller items and step back to look at the whole wall.

photo6_zps6a126e46.jpg

More blurry photos...but keep adding.

photo7_zps7ef1d013.jpg

Lisa

I am stopping for the night, but this is how it looks right now.

Left side of the wall

photo9_zps3c954893.jpg

Right side of the wall

photo8_zps7942cf83.jpg

I already feel like I can finally get to all of my accessories and actually know what I have. It's a great sense of accomplishment.

Lisa

Thank you for all of the compliments! I am stunned at how well it turned out and will probably continue this on a second wall...but not for a few months. There are too many other home projects to work on right now, so it will have to wait.

Lisa