Toddler Area/Splash Pad on Getaway

tray98

15 hours ago, Threesun said:

We are traveling on the Getaway in Jan 2019. Does anyone know if this ship specifically has a Splash Zone for little ones (< 2 years old) still in diapers?

Thanks!

When is your sailing?  I'll be on the 13-20 cruise.

From my experience, the rules say no diapers in any pool.  However, that has not stopped a lot of people and I still see them. And I have never seen a crew member try to stop it.

On the Breakaway now.  Children in diapers in splash zone and according to the lifeguard, she is letting children with swim diapers in her pool, because it is hot and they have nowhere to cool off.  Also, she said if someone says their child is potty trained, but still wearing swim diapers, she will let them in the pool.  I wouldn't have believed if she didn't tell me.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

On the Breakaway now.  Children in diapers in splash zone and according to the lifeguard, she is letting children with swim diapers in her pool, because it is hot and they have nowhere to cool off.  Also, she said if someone says their child is potty trained, but still wearing swim diapers, she will let them in the pool.  I wouldn't have believed if she didn't tell me.

Wow that is surprising to hear. Not sure I would want to risk it though with my grand baby

1 hour ago, NLH Arizona said:

This is super frustrating. Her empathy may allow for the illness of others. There are showers on the pool deck a parent (care taker) could use to "cool off" a child. This is a clear dereliction of duty and she should  be removed from her post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JennyB1977 said:

This is super frustrating. Her empathy may allow for the illness of others. There are showers on the pool deck a parent (care taker) could use to "cool off" a child. This is a clear dereliction of duty and she should  be removed from her post.

I did say by letting them in the pool, she was risking the health of others, but she didn't seem to care.  As far as the splash zone, her comment was that that area was not her responsibility.

12 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

I did say by letting them in the pool, she was risking the health of others, but she didn't seem to care.  As far as the splash zone, her comment was that that area was not her responsibility.

Explain that she is allowing the violation of NCL policy and could lose her job...

According to United States Public Health (U.S.P.H.) regulations, no diapers of any kind are permitted in the swimming pools or jacuzzis, including those marketed as "swimmers."

If that doesn't work, take her name or a photo of her and expain the situation to the highest officer that you can find.

• Like 2