Just off the Constellation & first cruise with Celbrity.

phnett

We just got back from Constellation March 17 sailing. It was our first cruise with Celebrity. We are Elite because of our Diamond status on RCCL and early 50's with a 19 year old. We had OV room 6000 and booked this trip to take our Daughter on a trip during her College spring break. I will break our travels down by day. The was a little more roomy and not as pricy as Balcony room for us. Check in was quick and went smothly. We flew and arrived about 11:30 to the port. There was a check in line for Elites but I really did not see much of lines for anyone. We got our Welcome Champagne as we boarded and were told rooms would be ready at 1:30. We proceeded to the Buffet. Buffets don't do much for me but I had no complaints. We ordered our first drinks and started the use of our Drink packages. I ha upgraded both of us from classic package to the premium one. Wise Choice for us. We like Corona Lites and these are not on the Classic package. We also up graded the 19 year old to the premium non Alcoholic package as well. We then changed in to our bathing suits and headed for the Pool area. My frist impressions was that the pool deck was showing its age but all in all clean. We did notice that their were many college age spring breakers on board as well. This was very pleasing to my Daughter. More on them later. I took not to notice the volume of the music, by pool and through out the venues we partook in as there had been so many comments on this issue in other post. It was perfect and not too much at any place we spent time in. I guess if it was an issue Celebrity has heard about this and has resolved this issue for us. Another round then it was announced that the rooms were open. The Daughter and I went to check out the room and drop off our carry ons. My room card did not work but hers did no worries . We were greeted by our steward on our way down the hall. The room was fine clean and seemed up to date. Lots of room in the closets for us. Shower was small and had a showers curtain adequate. Daughters bed was a pull out from a chair bed. We did notice that our safe was not working properly. This was reported to steward after I let my husband give it a try to fix as we. It would be fixed before we left for dinner. We joined hubby back up at pool deck for the upcoming mustarded drill. It was orderly and quick and we were soon back up for sail away party. Later Daughter wanted to go find luggage start unpacking and get shower for dinner, hubby and I go get in line at the desk to fix my key. When we got to the room we see our luggage is there and unpack as well. I go through the paper work left for us. There was the welcome for the Elites and what events we are invited too. Our coupons and card with our Table number on it. No event on first night for us so we get dressed and head to walk around ship and find a hang out spot. We make it to the Martini bar music was fun and seemed to be lots of action going on. I really had only had one Martini ever and that was a fruity sweet one of kind. Hubby order me a Manhattan ( we love burban) and we got our first of many to come at this bar. We met a few couples that would later be regular drinking buddies through out this cruise. Leaving the martini bar we stop in rendezvous lounge just in time to do a few dances before dinner. We swing and took to the dance floor. The college kids were impressed as told to my daughter later by several. Your parents are cool. Off to dinner we had nice couple at our table and two open seats of no shows. I had the sea bass it was blan, Daughter got the pork chop it was wonderful. Hubby was also not pleased with the fish. They got him the pork and he was happy. Sommelier picked us a white to go with our fish. It was ok were not white wine fans but it was good with the fish. I had the Mushroom soup it was lovely and the escargot as well. I topped it off with cream Brûlée and coffee. Hubby had the carmel cheese cake it was wonderful too. After dinner we take off to explore ship a bit more. Dropped a quick 20 in the slots and then head off to the reflection lounge. The daughter heard music of her genera and off she went. We were tired and retreated to our room. End of Day one More to come.

Edited by phnett

Sounds as if you enjoyed your cruise.

Just a note. More people are likely to read your review if you break it up into paragraphs. A whole wall of text like that is pretty daunting.

Wow, MAybe she missed a comma somewhere also.

Day 2 at sea

We sleep in a little longer than we normally would ( long day with the early flight and night before drinking) and get dressed for a day at the pool with cover ups for breakfast. Up at 9:30

Breakfast buffet was ok, I found the omelet station and I am happy,

Friends from the night before find us and we set with them.

No waiter comes around to ask us if we want fresh Juice or cofffee. I give up waiting and go find coffee on our own.

Done with eating so out to pool deck we go. The pool deck by now is packed with no chairs around the pool in sight. I know better than not to get up early, oh well up to next level to search for chairs.

Up stairs is quite windy, but we pull a few chairs from here and there and get us 3 near / on the running track. We give it about 20 min and I give, sun is not quite out yet and wind is cold. We head down and start asking around to find towels not really being used and or bags on chairs with no one in them. We are able to find a spot near the bar and pool. We are now happy!

By now I notice the spring breakers are waking up and are trying to find chairs with no luck. Why do people hold chairs never come to them or better yet hold them for others that never come too?? And it is my age group and older that is GUILTY of holding all the chairs. URGG

Sun is out now and music levels are fine. I do miss the days of Steal drum music out by the pool. Oh well at least they are playing a few songs from my era too.

Now take this next part with a grain of salt as we are conservative and traditional southerns and should be aloud to make our personal statements too.

IMO the spring breakers were very well behaved for the most part. Yes there was a lot of drinking but I can put up this as long as they are not rude. All in all very little tattoos and body jewelry that I do find hard to look at. IMO bathing suites were age appropriate and covering.

I was on RCCL enchantment on Labor Day and one could not claim this at all.

We take turns going to Buffett for lunch to keep our chairs, I find the Pizza it was quite good. Carved pork was fine as well. Not as many cold salads with out the pasta but all in all good.

After lunch we get a few frozen drinks, and the Teenager is grateful she had the upgraded package so she too can try the non alcohol ones.

Pool games start and time goes by we are into our books and are getting maybe to much sun for one day so we give it up to start taking turns in the showers to get ready for the Captains club cocktail Hours that IMO start way to early. 5-7 pm in the reflections lounge.

It is Formal Night so extra time is needed too for us girls to transform.

We juggle around turns mirrors hairdryer and flat irons but then done , we all get ready to go up about 6:00 for cocktails.

The reflection lounge has great views and is not crowded at all. Small h'orderves are passed around and there is open bar and wiaters. I get Champaign hubby a bourbon and we are happy.

We see same friends again from breakfast and join them again. At 7 we take the party to the Martini bar. There the others from the first night are waiting for us, and we take of one end of the bar.

I am not much of a Martini drinker (Yet) so I start with a bourbon. If you never been on Celebrity this bar is a blast. Behind the bar is a very talented bar group. There are lots of U Tube shots of talents including pouring out 8 or more martinis out at one time. We have a great time here.

Dinner time approaches we have the Late seating 8:30. Next thing we know the ring leader of our party has organized the men to all go to the Matriade and set us all up to set together. They head to the dinning room to get this done and come back in few and tell us girls all is set lets go. Now we are a party of 10 rolling to the dining room.

Daughter and I both have the chicken hubby has prim rib all in all we are happy.

A few glasses of wine and lots of laughing at our table and dinner is almost done. Daughter heads off to find the spring breakers. I order Ice wine, by the way is not on the drink package but is worth every decadent drop! and were then done for the night.

We walk around a few shops and head to bed.

End of day 2

Edited by phnett

Wow, MAybe she missed a comma somewhere also.

Yes I will try to do better,

I am typing on an I pad as I am having lap top issues with Vista thanks to new router that will not pick up Vista any more.

Try to over look the errors and go with the flow and you might get some useful travel info out it in the end. :rolleyes:;);)

Corona Light not in the classic package? Really? You may have been given bad pricing info by the bar staff.

I am not sure either, but when I look at the packages on line for our Alaska trip for June, the Classic did not list Corona but Premium does.:rolleyes:

We did not get the 1 2 3 for our next cruise to Alaska and will not be buying one as they are way to expensive.

I found of course we drank much more with it, but Not enough to buy it with out a promo to get the Classic part first.

on our own we might spend 300 on drinks if that, and that still would be far less than a drink package for even one of us. I know we will have a bill at the Martini bar but really 2 strong ones each and wine at dinner and we will be happy.

Edited by phnett

I was on the same cruise - we might have meet each other in the Martini Bar, which was our favorite spot. Yes - there was a lot of spring breakers, but I really found, that they behave very well, dressed up for dinner, and really liked to talked to us "older" people.

Day 3

We get up early this day to have the most at the beach club we pre booked ourself on line, More on Nachi in a min.

Again breakfast at the Buffet all good and off we go to get off boat. :)

As we get to deck 2 to get off, another ship pulls in beside us and everyone is held up for 20min as they pull in and put out their cast lines at the dock.

So it was a hurry up then wait.:rolleyes:

The boat is 2hrs ahead of the local time. So we are off at 9 am but it is 7 am in Cozumel. Keep that in mind when you get off and come back! The boat will leave on the boat time. :eek:

We have been to Cozumel more than once maybe 4 or 5 times so we have had some good time and a few that were just ok.

The cruise beach breaks are crowded and pool is iffy and full of kids.

The Furry cat sail is fun, but the snorkeling is very lack luster.

We dive and this was dead reef, not many fish and no color.

The beach part of the Furry was nice but very quick, and draft beer only choices for alcohol.

So I found Nachi Cocom

I had been to this beach club about 11 years ago did not remember the name but started looking on line at photos until I found the pool I recognized.

You have to book on line ahead of time. They limit the guest to 100 and have a fresh clean pool with a hot spa attached. Swim up bar in pool and hot tub.

Chairs around pool, Chairs and natural umbrellas on beach all very nice and clean.

They give you beach butler as well.

All inclusive with many bottle beer choices, and frozen drinks. Not quite a full bar but all we needed. Full lunch as well included.

I got the nachos and Fajitas, chips and pico come too. I passed on the deserts not a fan of the Flan. Here is the link and the prices if your need them.

Very very nice day. We drank and burned and before you know it was time to go back to the ship with a 2 hr to do a little shopping for my Vanilla for cooking. Always a must for me to restock when we visit. :D

1. Nachi Cocom Beach Club and Water Sports Center | Cozumel ...

www.cozumelnachicocom.com/

Back on the ship by 4 ( boat time) and time to clean up to make the Captain’s club for that 5-7 happy hr.

We make it to the reflections lounge in time to find our friends waiting for us with chairs reserved.

I get brave tonight and try a real Martini not the fruity ones I have had in the past. I got a very nice slightly dirty Vodka one with a stack of olives. I can say I am now a FAN. :D

We me some other on plane home who said they were not able to get a free Martini at the Captains club on their ship not sure but it was a S class one. But we no issues and not all of us were on the drink packages in that group. So maybe different from ship to ship?

Few drinks and few nibbles and it now 7 and time to move our rolling party to the Martini Bar. There we meet up with the group that were not Elites yet, again they have sets for us and we take up one side of the bar!

I have said it once but it lets say it again, Fun Fun bar.

We stay and party on till dinner.

I had the pork tenderloin was very good, onion soup and order the Soufflé for desert.

Had a nice glass of red, the wine steward picked out for us.

All happy again.

Dinner done, teenager heads out to find her group. We stop to dance a bit at the Latin lounge and then look at photos and head to bed.

I know we are not night owls but we have now been drinking Martini’s since 5 and it close to 11 by now. :)

End of day 3

I was on the same cruise - we might have meet each other in the Martini Bar, which was our favorite spot. Yes - there was a lot of spring breakers, but I really found, that they behave very well, dressed up for dinner, and really liked to talked to us "older" people.

Agreed,

The Young men dressed in Jackets almost evey night and almost were well behaved.

We ran in to one who was very drunk one of the nights in the martini bar, I forget what night. He asked for as Kiss :eek: Of course I said not a chance and looked over at my 6'4 250 hubby who said I will break your arms to the young man ;)

I later heard this same man was sent to his room by the crew, given pasta and soup to eat and was not aloud back out that night. With a crew at the door to gaurd the room. Well done Celebrity! :)

Day 4 At sea.

I remember how full the pool deck was so up early today so that we can find our spot, near pool and by the bar!

We find our chairs by 8:30 and put out our things and off to breakfast, We discover the Sunset bar on the back of the ship this day! Very nice place to set and eat breakfast or lunch and a bar to boot. I got a bloody marry today. Why not I am on vacation and on the drink package. :eek:

Beautiful day at sea, lots of sun a few drinks ;) and by 1:30 we are pretty much done with the sun for the day.

The night before every one of drinking age signed up for a Wine Tour with the wine steward. This tour would start at 2:30.

So we left pool to get cleaned up a bit to eat in the dining room before the Wine event.

I had a salad and pasta dish with seafood , shrimps and scallops. Very nice.

We skip deserts as we know they will have some cheese and breads at the tasting.

Off to the round the world wine tasting in the wine cellar.

There was a good crowd and we are giving our cards to mark and score each wine as we go, instructions to visit each station, 1-12 with 6 white and 6 reds. We are given a time limit to get this done. :rolleyes:

Now at the start we listen a bit to each steward tell us about the wine, but it is crowded, noisy and everyone is afraid to run out of time.

So other than getting where the wine is from and what type grapes were used I really did not learn much. But we had a good time! :D

It was 20$ a person, fun time but don’t expect this to be much of a learning experience much more of a tasting one! Our gang of 8 had a nice time.

By now it is time to get ready for dinner and be back up to the captain’s club for the 5-7 drinking. Off we go.

Drinks in the lounge till 7 then off to the Martini Bar again.. you getting the routine down too? Try the Decadent martini! It is awesome.

Dinner was good, I had the salmon tonight, toss salad and shrimp cocktail.

Skipped deserts and have a baileys on ice instead.

During the close of our dinner event one big corporate group were taking personal group photo’s on the dining room stair case. We sent one of our group to mosey in and photo bomb their photo’s :eek:.

Yes by now we fairly nipped with martini’s still.;) They catch her and send her back to our table, but we had a fun laugh.

And their CEO said I knew somthing was up I know eveyone who had won this trip!

The teenager is off to find the spring breakers, and

The rest of us leave too. The Gang does stop to see some group photos we have taken so far during the cruise at the photo shop.

Hubby and I stop to listen to music for a bit in the Latin lounge and then Off to room again.

End of day 4

Corona Light not in the classic package? Really? You may have been given bad pricing info by the bar staff.

I was surprised about this, also. I will have to go look up what is included in the Classic Alcoholic, and also the Classic Non-Alcoholic packages. My girls have the alcoholic and I have the non-alcoholic on this same cruise coming up this weekend. I need to make sure that I do not need to upgrade anyone.

Could you tell us who the Cruise Director and the CC Social Host/Hostess were on your cruise?

Also, did you get CC drink coupons for being Elite or did you have to get your drinks at the event?

Edited by Iamthesea

Day 5

Up by 8 and dressed and out for breakfast again at our outside dining spot at the Sunset Bar area.

Nice view of the Keys from there. :cool:

Then we are off to visit Ernest Hemingway’s home and Southern most point.

This is the first time we have sailed into this city. You are put out right on Mallory square and can walk to most all bars, sights, shopping and such. There are only a few beaches in Key West you should plan on a cab or rent bikes to get to those.

The plan is to rent bikes hit these spots, find a raw bar for lunch. Then do some shopping and meet up with the Drinking buddies at 2:30 at Sloppy Joe’s.

Well we see the bikes, but hubby said no let’s walk a bit then we will find some!

Well several blisters have happened by end of day, we never got the bikes. :eek:

But we did make it to Ernest Hemingway’s museum home.

It is a good walk to this spot,

I loved it and got lots of photos with the cats and the light house next door.

We spend at least an hour here. Was 12$ to tour each and the College student got a student rate to boot. ½ off.

We can see the Southernmost point just down at the end of the street. So again we walk to get our photo shots. There is always a line but no worries we wait our turn and got the shot.

Now it is close to lunch, we walk back towards Duval street shop along the way. Find a nice hat for the Hubby and ask for a good raw bar.

As we thought it was suggested that should we head towards the docks-marina area.

Eat at the Half Shell on the docks. We got steamed oysters and some peal and eat shrimps.

Excellent. :D

It is now time to drop by the bank get some change for those extra tips we want give the Martini guy’s tonight.

Bank of America is not far off the path back to Sloppy Joes. We stop and get Key lime Pie on the way. Yum got to get some in the keys.

At 2 ish we are back to Sloppy Joes to have a beer with the friends.

A beer or two later Hubby got to see end of BB game and we are ready to head back.

Nice ice towels waiting to hand to us by the X crew, I forgot to say there were there too the Cozumel day as well by the pool.

Refreshed we head to room to get ready for dinner and cocktail hrs.

Same routine as the rest of our days

5-7 in the Captains club,

7-8:30 Martini bar

And off to dinner our group rolls. Extra Martini in hand. :)

Dinner was good I had the beef tips, cheese cake, Nice red wine that I really never got to.

We say our goodbyes to our group, take a few photos on the dining room steps gather emails

and head back to pack and have our luggage out by 11:30.

We are pooped and stay in even the Teenager stays in this night.

End of day 5

In the morning we sleep in till 8:00 put on clothes and head to breakfast up stairs.

We just got there before it closed at 8:30.

We take our time our call tag number is 24 and our flight home is not until 2:30.

We head out when we are done. Long lines in customs but it moves fairly fast.

Like a Disney world line.

We get the cab and head to the airport.

All in all a bit more drinking due to the drink package offered.

We met some great people to drink and eat with and truly had a blast.

Tip the Martini Guys well if you go they deserve every dime they get!

We are off in June to Alaska and can’t wait for that next trip!

Happy sailing!

Edited by phnett

I was surprised about this, also. I will have to go look up what is included in the Classic Alcoholic, and also the Classic Non-Alcoholic packages. My girls have the alcoholic and I have the non-alcoholic on this same cruise coming up this weekend. I need to make sure that I do not need to upgrade anyone.

Could you tell us who the Cruise Director and the CC Social Host/Hostess were on your cruise?

Also, did you get CC drink coupons for being Elite or did you have to get your drinks at the event?

Sorry I did not get either of their names,

The Cruise Director is young and from USA Ohio i think,

The CC host was Middle age and from South Africa. I think he said he was leaving after our sail to go back home then catch up with one of the ships in Europe.

No coupons were needed in the CC club Hour. I still have all the coupons from our room. A whole page worth but I don't think anthing on drinking.

But we also had the drink package and did the upgrade as well.

Regular Corona is included in Classic (it's on all the recently published lists for $6). I can't imagine that Corona light would not be. (actually I was not aware that they could make it even lighter than it already is)

Thanks for the great review BTW!

Edited by wpgcycler

Sorry I did not get either of their names,

The Cruise Director is young and from USA Ohio i think,

The CC host was Middle age and from South Africa. I think he said he was leaving after our sail to go back home then catch up with one of the ships in Europe.

No coupons were needed in the CC club Hour. I still have all the coupons from our room. A whole page worth but I don't think anthing on drinking.

But we also had the drink package and did the upgrade as well.

Thank you. ;) I am glad a new CC Social host is coming on. I read that the Aussie guy was a fill in and not very up on his job. How about the Captain...was this his last cruise, too?

One more question. It has been reported that cruises ending in KW have to go through customs the morning of KW. You didn't mention that, but you did mention doing so in Ft. Lauderdale, so I assume you didn't have it in KW.

Regular Corona is included in Classic (it's on all the recently published lists for $6). I can't imagine that Corona light would not be. (actually I was not aware that they could make it even lighter than it already is)

Thanks for the great review BTW!

Thanks! I looked for the list on the Celebrity site and could not find one. Yes, regular Corona is fine with me.

Another cruise ended today, so perhaps someone on that cruise (or one of the next 2) can answer about the ship staff. I will sail on the cruise after those.

Edited by Iamthesea

Thank you. ;) I am glad a new CC Social host is coming on. I read that the Aussie guy was a fill in and not very up on his job. How about the Captain...was this his last cruise, too?

One more question. It has been reported that cruises ending in KW have to go through customs the morning of KW. You didn't mention that, but you did mention doing so in Ft. Lauderdale, so I assume you didn't have it in KW.

Thanks! I looked for the list on the Celebrity site and could not find one. Yes, regular Corona is fine with me.

Another cruise ended today, so perhaps someone on that cruise (or one of the next 2) can answer about the ship staff. I will sail on the cruise after those.

Yes we did have to get up early for the Customes walk through in Key west.

I did forget to add that to our day.

Our time was 7 am, however the cabin steward said for us to make it to there by 9 and we walked in at 8:15 the it was maybe a 10 min deal. You just walk in with your passport and key card they reivew ask where we are from and punch our cards. Not a big deal.

I did not got to the toast where the Captain was so can't speak to that.

I know he was Greek Nikolai ?

Sorry short cruise for us and we were much more into having fun than the crew staff.