Just off the Constellation & first cruise with Celbrity.

phnett

I am also just off the Connie and have some information about crew:

Captain - Nikolas Christodoulakis, just recently transfered to Connie so he should be there for your upcoming cruise

Cruise Director - Drew, also one of his first cruises on Connie

CC Host - Bruce Van Der Boon. I didn't meet him personally but heard him speaking with another guest during debarkation that this was his last sailing before vacation and will be returning to Infinity

You do go through Immigration in Key West on board the ship, a must even if you remain on board. Customs is handled in Ft Lauderdale upon debarkation. We left the ship at 8:45 and were through Customs at 9:45 so be prepared for a long line!

Yes we did have to get up early for the Customes walk through in Key west.

I did forget to add that to our day.

Our time was 7 am, however the cabin steward said for us to make it to there by 9 and we walked in at 8:15 the it was maybe a 10 min deal. You just walk in with your passport and key card they reivew ask where we are from and punch our cards. Not a big deal.

I did not got to the toast where the Captain was so can't speak to that.

I know he was Greek Nikolai ?

Sorry short cruise for us and we were much more into having fun than the crew staff.

I am also just off the Connie and have some information about crew:

Captain - Nikolas Christodoulakis, just recently transfered to Connie so he should be there for your upcoming cruise

Cruise Director - Drew, also one of his first cruises on Connie

CC Host - Bruce Van Der Boon. I didn't meet him personally but heard him speaking with another guest during debarkation that this was his last sailing before vacation and will be returning to Infinity

You do go through Immigration in Key West on board the ship, a must even if you remain on board. Customs is handled in Ft Lauderdale upon debarkation. We left the ship at 8:45 and were through Customs at 9:45 so be prepared for a long line!

Thanks so much.

The Captain is well liked. Glad he is onboard.

Could the CD, Drew, be Dru Pavlov?

Now to figure out who the CC Social Hostess is. ;)

Loved, loved, loved your review. Believe it our not there are many people like you (myself included) that head to the 5-7 captains club event and then to the Martini Bar. I love that routine. As I can tell from your posts the Martini Bartenders were friendly.

Norma

May I ask you what your daughter thought of the comfort of the pull out bed? My daughter will be on one in our cabin during an upcoming cruise.

No complaints from her, But I have to say our 19 year old sleeps like a rock too.

Loved, loved, loved your review. Believe it our not there are many people like you (myself included) that head to the 5-7 captains club event and then to the Martini Bar. I love that routine. As I can tell from your posts the Martini Bartenders were friendly.

Norma

Thank you !

I thought it would be easy but it realy take a good bit of work to go through each day and remember what you did !

OP, love your writing style. Cracks me up.:D

I am not sure that the 4 and 5 day cruises have the brunch.

OP, or Cath - Can cash be used in the slots onboard the Connie?

There was the "fancy" brunch on the second sea-day on Connie (in between Cozumel and Key West).

It seemed somewhat less grand then what we had on a 7 day Summit cruise last year.

Nice review, very good job.

We did this same cruise in Feb, a back to back.

I loved the progression of your Martini adventures, especially the last comment "headed to the dining room extra Martini in hand", LOL!:D

We've now been on the Constellation 4 times, 5 if you count the second leg of the back to back. Can you tell me where the "Latin Lounge" is because I've never seen it.......................?;)

We also did Nachi. Love it there, laid back and quiet but very nice.

Things are certainly a bit wilder on board due to the drink packages and we ran into several over inbibers but all in all no problems.

Nice review, very good job.

We did this same cruise in Feb, a back to back.

I loved the progression of your Martini adventures, especially the last comment "headed to the dining room extra Martini in hand", LOL!:D

We've now been on the Constellation 4 times, 5 if you count the second leg of the back to back. Can you tell me where the "Latin Lounge" is because I've never seen it.......................?;)

We also did Nachi. Love it there, laid back and quiet but very nice.

Things are certainly a bit wilder on board due to the drink packages and we ran into several over inbibers but all in all no problems.

Now that I look at the deck plans the club name is Rendezvous Lounge,

Humm that is really a French name..:eek: Before our dinner and during dinner there was a band that was very good, after dinner they were just finishing their set and a Latin singer came on. That is why I thought it was a Latin lounge.

Edited by phnett

Thank you all for the kind words on the review.

An I pad is not the best place to check spelling and bad grammar ;)

I will take better notes on our upcomming 12 day Alaska adventure in June and will talk about the post Cruise tour of the Canadian Rockies too!

Happy Sailing!

I noticed you said you tipped the bartenders. I have the beverage package which includes tips. How much should you tip if you want to go above? Would this be at all bars that you visit frequently? Would you tip each night or trip to the bar or just on the first and/or last nights? Thanks!