Actual time in port?

mfk32

I'm trying to determine whether to lay out the money to go to Disney by figuring out just how long will we have. We are sailing on RCI's Grandeur of the Seas. How long does it take to disembark, and how long before the ship departs do you have to be back at the terminal? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm trying to determine whether to lay out the money to go to Disney by figuring out just how long will we have. We are sailing on RCI's Grandeur of the Seas. How long does it take to disembark, and how long before the ship departs do you have to be back at the terminal? Thanks.

My crystal ball is not working. Need lots more info!!!

I assume that you are asking for timings from Port Canaveral to Walt Disney World in the greater Orlando area. If all goes well and there is no traffic,

you might be able to make it to the Main Gate of WDW to go to the Magic Kingdom in an hour and a half. But once you park, you still have to get to the

park from the parking lots, which are on the other side of a lagoon. You have to take the monorail around, or the boats that go across the lagoon to get to the

park. That might be another half hour.

Parking in the lots of the other three parks will be closer so maybe fifteen minutes to get to the entrance areas.

Add time to buy your pass to get in the parks will add a bit more time.

A lot of time even before you get into a park. And then you have to get back to the ship.

You might only have two to three hours maximum in a park. A pass is over $100 per person for a one day pass.

Only you can decide if the cost is worth it.

In my opinion, the rush to get to the parks, and rush back, in what could be terrible traffic, is not a good risk.

Hope this helps

Ship arrives 10:30, you should be able to disembark pretty soon after that. Are you considering their WDW Express Service package? I would think that would be the way to go. Ship sails at 9:30PM so you are supposed to be on board by 9:00. However as long as you re board the bus at the park for the trip back to the port, your safe.

Thank you so much for all of the park info, RlrCstr! Although, my original question was answered by BillB48, both of you made my decision a lot easier!

Disembarkation at a port of call is simple and not time consuming as passengers continuously exit, usually from two locations - one in the front of the ship and one in the back of the ship on the disembarkation deck. If the tour is ship sponsored you will be given a time and meeting place - usually at the pier - to gather for the tour. The tour operator will have you back in time, which is on board 30 minutes before departure.

If you are doing the excursion on your own then just be certain that you are back and on board as indicated. The critical point is that you need to be on board 30 minutes prior - not back to the terminal then. Re-boarding just a matter of showing your SeaPass as you enter the ship, however, so that process is quick.

Also, I'm not sure what time the parks close this time of year (and it will depend on what park you choose), but keep in mind that if you try to leave at closing, it could be a long battle to get out of the park and off the property. Even if it's not closing time,it can still take longer than you think. This is more of an issue if you decide to go on your own.

I'm a big Disney fan, and I'm booked on Grandeur, too, in May, so I considered it, but to me it is not worth it for the relatively short amount of time at the park, unless maybe it's your only chance to go. I am curious to know how it's worked out for those who have done it, though.

Sent from my SPH-D710VMUB using Forums mobile app

Edited by fluffysue

I know; I am curious, too. I know some people have to have taken the risk. But all of the information I am getting in this thread has been so helpful!

• 1 month later...
very helpful! Thanks! I am considering doing to same with my teens -to Universal to see the new Diagon Alley attractions.

The lines to see Diagon Ally will be astronomical for the next year or so! Seriously, we live in Orlando, and have passes, and have seen the wait two hours or longer when Hogsmeade first opened.