When is a teen not a teen

Lulubelle45

Help! I am cruising on Century this summer with a group that consists of at least 3 teens age 17 and one who is 19. The 19 yr old is very shy and quiet, not a drinker or party animal. He would really rather hang out with 17 yr olds as he knows 2 of them, rather than be stuck with the adults. Will he be allowed in the teen nightclub? As we are going to Alaska, the legal age is 21 there anyway so he seems in limbo according to club x only going to age 17.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Sorry, but your 19-year old will definitely not be allowed in the teen club. On the other hand,your 17's probably won't want to hang out there either. It isn't a 'nightclub' but rather an area for them to hang out.

They will find other places to hang out though, so they will be fine.

Sorry, but your 19-year old will definitely not be allowed in the teen club. On the other hand,your 17's probably won't want to hang out there either. It isn't a 'nightclub' but rather an area for them to hang out.

Teens at that age tend to do their own thing and are not too concerned with planned activities, at least that's how my kids were. I would think Alaska is going to have enough for them to do and see.

Help! I am cruising on Century this summer with a group that consists of at least 3 teens age 17 and one who is 19. The 19 yr old is very shy and quiet, not a drinker or party animal. He would really rather hang out with 17 yr olds as he knows 2 of them, rather than be stuck with the adults. Will he be allowed in the teen nightclub? As we are going to Alaska, the legal age is 21 there anyway so he seems in limbo according to club x only going to age 17.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

at 18 they are considered adults and NOT allowed into any teen areas.

the 18-20 demographic as a whole is left in limbo.. too old for the kids clubs, too young to drink. he will have to hang out with them OUTSIDE of the teen areas.

at 18 they are considered adults and NOT allowed into any teen areas.

the 18-20 demographic as a whole is left in limbo.. too old for the kids clubs, too young to drink. he will have to hang out with them OUTSIDE of the teen areas.

They can gamble but that of course is another story. Mostly they are in limbo. Sorry, forgot you are going to Alaska, different story.

Edited by dkjretired

Some ships have get togethers for the 18-20 group spread throughout the week, so keep an eye on the daily activities list. However, I agree that the 17 year olds probably won't want to hang out in the teen area, that is more likely to attract the younger members of that age group. So your 19 year old shouldn't feel left out, they will probably all meet some teens around the pool, etc and just hang out together around the ship.

When my kids were that age (17-20 something) they mostly hung out at the sport court during the day. Basketball, volleyball, dodgeball and they liked the pool music and games. At night, they liked karaoke, love and marriage, quest, comediane etc. They were never bored....plenty to keep them busy!

My kids have cruised to Alaska A LOT! They have always been able to find other kids near their age to hang out with, without needing the teen lounge. There is very little arranged for the 18-20 age group, but somehow they have managed to find kids they want to spend time with. I believe if they are over 18, they are allowed to remain in the nightclub. But it's been a few years since we've sailed with Celebrity, so that may have changed.

Basically...don't worry, they will find other kids to hang out with. Our kids were not big partiers either.

Thanks for the insight. As it stands now a days these kids prefer being in front of the computer so except for some games on their phones the lack of Internet should be interesting- as parents we have agreed no Internet on board. It's more for them to hang out and not while away the hours in the staterooms. This could be our first and last cruise with them at this age.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Forums mobile app

That brought back so many funny memories. When our daughter was 17 (just graduated from high school) there were a TON of recent grads on a European Princess cruise. Like today, there was no "place" for them. So they found a little-used stairwell and that is where they would congregate. We were appalled when we found out. But the cruise line didn't seem to mind - they would send room service pizza to the STAIRWELL.

When my son reached 17 he was worried what would happen the next year, worried that he would not find things to do etc or meet people before he cruised. He had no issues. Both celebrity and Royal had a section on the program for 18-21 at the beginning of the trip that enabled them to get together.

We also ensured that everyone on the roll call with that age group came to the connections party and they could all hook up there

They found plenty to keep them busy and being 18 were allowed into the nightclub when those under 18 were not