The Prides final two cruises with Seabourn - Live-ish

Emperor Norton

Day 14 Sea day 6

Dinner was a special affair in the Observation lounge for those continuing passengers (I think that meant those of us who had been on the prior week). The event was started with cocktails and then continued on to a variation of that evenings menu (which was a Presidential menu, from back in 1988 with Reagan/Thatcher - the menus delivered to your room make no note of this or have the history on them - boo).

Towards the end of the evening the Captain had his hammer (a mini-sledge emblazoned with the Norwegian flag) delivered to the table. It turns out on one cruise a passenger had ordered a hammer (drink) and there was a bit of confusion so an actual hammer was delivered (and eventually the drink as well - which they seem reluctant to provide the recipe for).

The ‘war’ between Karl and some other passengers was slightly rekindled via the addition to some sanigel to Karls pen holder.

There was an Iron-chef type competition early today that I slept through (oops - if its repeated next week I will be attending). In the afternoon we had the crew tug-of-war. Ultimately the Schnoodles (dining room staff) won the event.

I don't recall Aquavit. Tonight was indeed the last Club Party. It was essentially the same as last week except for the crew recognition and the most sea days wasn't even a close competition with one person having about 1200 more days than the next closest passenger. The party was open for every passenger this trip (out of 127 passengers IIRC 94 were club members).

Cruisin Simon: Thanks for providing the link - I was on board last week and just watched the Pride sail away from Funchal. So sad to think that was her last port before the hand-over in Barcelona. Hope everyone on board is having a great time.

The other day was the "Fun Faire" similar to the games at a county fair only missing the smell of livestock and unholy amounts of food being deep fried.

They had a ball toss game, a catapult, waterballon bowling, pantyhose wrecking ball, suit stuffing and the like. It seemed everyone was having a good time, especially after all the fun and games when Karl and David E wound up in their own waterballon fight. I think Karl won that as David Es form seemed better suited for slam dunking thank accurate waterballon delivery.

Yesterday was our last port of call before Barcelona. Seabourn had a shuttle running into the center of town. I was not overly thrilled with the drop off point (I used the ATM there and immediately had a 1 legged man on crutches trying to chase me down to pan handle). While both my tours were cancelled I was able to make it to Rieds for a walk around the garden, a sampling of things not available in the US and high tea. It was interesting to note that they were totally booked that day (almost as if Seabourn had never made a reservation) and I was only able to squeak in as a table decided to try to ignore the dress code. It turned out being a pity there wasn't a cell phone code.

Sail away was the first and hopefully the last time I hear "What a wonderful" ala Crystal on a Seabourn ship. Our sail away was delayed by over an hour as the Pride refused to start (one of the engines anyway). I guess it doesn't want to go to Windstar.

Thank you for letting us all share vicariously in the Pride's last voyage. I am not trying to be a downer, but now that you are approaching the last stop is the mood becoming a bit somber? I would expect a few more tears and heartfelt hugs than normal on disembarkation day in Barcelona. And can you tell me if it would appear all of the crew who want jobs on other Seabourn ships will be placed?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for letting us all share vicariously in the Pride's last voyage. I am not trying to be a downer, but now that you are approaching the last stop is the mood becoming a bit somber? I would expect a few more tears and heartfelt hugs than normal on disembarkation day in Barcelona. And can you tell me if it would appear all of the crew who want jobs on other Seabourn ships will be placed?

Goodbye goodbyes and toasts are common in the club tonight. All of the crew that I've talked to know where there next Seabourn assignment will be. Some people opined that those on the Legend/Spirit may not be so fortunate and may have to spend some time in HAL.

Will be a very tearful gathering in the Club & the Constellation Lounge tonight ~

Chairsin, I'm tearful here in West Texas but almost glad I'm here and not aboard the Pride. Would be too heartbreaking.

Thank you Norton for all your Crossing reviews ~safe travels

MB

Whatever else has gone on (e.g.: a complete inability to enforce the dress code) I can now say that I own a piece of the Pride (admittedly not the bell that I was originally going after but hey - you can't win all the time).

Thank you for your posts about Pride's last days being sailed under the Seabourn flag. She was the first Seabourn cruise we took and we have many fond memories sailing on her.

Forgive me if I missed it in an earlier post but what piece of the Pride did you acquire please?

Julie

Julie,

I hope you are not getting any bad ideas here for your Legend cruise in August. Since there are a number of us on this board that follow you on the next Legend cruise please do us a big favor and limit your Legend momento to something not critical for navigation !

Julie,

I hope you are not getting any bad ideas here for your Legend cruise in August. Since there are a number of us on this board that follow you on the next Legend cruise please do us a big favor and limit your Legend momento to something not critical for navigation !

Darn........you guessed my plot! Okay I will leave the navigation aids alone!:eek::cool:

I am with wripro, if my Stewadress is as lovely as the one I had on Sojourn in February I will be wanting to bring her home. We have met some truly lovely crew on Seabourn and I hope that those that want to stay will get slotted into positions if they want. I wonder if some may choose to work land based for a while and wait till the new ship is built and reapply? I would think that Head Office would give them priority for positions.

Sorry to wander off topic.......just speculating.

Julie

Thank you for your posts about Pride's last days being sailed under the Seabourn flag. She was the first Seabourn cruise we took and we have many fond memories sailing on her.

Forgive me if I missed it in an earlier post but what piece of the Pride did you acquire please?

Julie

I believe we all were given the notice invite holders that used to reside on the outside of each suite door.

Sent via squirrels and a rotary phone