Promenade staterooms - are they loud?

Hi. I booked a promenade stateroom on the explorer of the seas. I am curious if I have to worry about not getting sleep. I'm generally a light sleeper and should have though about this before finalizing my booking.

I'm usually awake later in the day around 11-1p and stay up till around 2a if that makes any difference.

This will be the first cruise ship I have ever been on with these kind of rooms.

You will be able to hear some noise from the parades in the Promenade. These do not happen when you will likely be trying to sleep. I have stayed in Promenade cabins several times. The only time noise was a problem was one night during rough seas when a light for the parades and shows came loose and was banging against the cabin. It sounded like a basketball being thrown against the wall of your house. Since you are a late in the morning sleeper, I would recommend a cabin that is not on deck 6 over the Promenade Cafe.

Edited by bethco

Yes, we were in a connecting PR cabin and we heard everything from the people next door (and I do mean EVERYTHING :o). ;)

I like the PR rooms though. I enjoyed having the extra sofa, and while I would have preferred an ocean view, at least it was better than an inside cabin with no view at all.

You'll be woken up every morning at 6am and 9am with the marching band orchestra's drums... just kidding, the promenade staterooms are great! We enjoyed it better than our previous balcony.

I'm of the other opinion. I'd take a balcony any day of the week. Spent a B2B in a promenade cabin and that was enough for me.

Not noisy though.

You will be able to hear some noise from the parades in the Promenade. These do not happen when you will likely be trying to sleep. I have stayed in Promenade cabins several times. The only time noise was a problem was one night during rough seas when a light for the parades and shows came loose and was banging against the cabin. It sounded like a basketball being thrown against the wall of your house. Since you are a late in the morning sleeper, I would recommend a cabin that is not on deck 6 over the Promenade Cafe.

We'll be sailing in our 9th PR cabin on the Indy in April. I wouldn't book one over the Cafe Promenade or the PUB.

Joe

Yes, we were in a connecting PR cabin and we heard everything from the people next door (and I do mean EVERYTHING :o). ;)

I like the PR rooms though. I enjoyed having the extra sofa, and while I would have preferred an ocean view, at least it was better than an inside cabin with no view at all.

I had the opposite experience - there was no noise from the adjacent PR as the door had rubber around the seal.

My room was over the guest services area and was very quiet. the windows are quite thick and there wasn't a lot of ambient noise coming through. given you are a night owl, that is when most of the noise is so you will just be out and about enjoying that anyway.

to avoid the lighting issues just close your main curtains well and it will block out the lights that change between night and day.

have a great trip.