recommendation hotel Miami

Caroldoll

Anyone know one near the Miami Cruise Terminal.

If you stay at the Intercontinental

http://www.intercontinental.com/

2222_282_z.jpg you can see the Oceania Berth (J) at the Port of Miami from the pool deck (or your room, if you ask nicely;) ) That area directly across the water from the hotel is Dodge Island

map-of-intercontinental-miami.gif

Miami-Port-ART.png

Edited by JimandStan

Hi!

My husband and I just stayed at the Intercontinental thanks to Jim and Stan's recommendation. What a fabulous hotel!! We have stayed there 3 times and already booked it for next year. There are two great restaurants near the hotel-Il Gabbiano and Trulucks both of which have wonderful food.

When we wake up in the morning and look out the window, we see the Riviera docked.

It's a 5 minute ride to the port.

Rhea

Jim/Stan, I take your recommendations seriously! LOL, from Connecticut to you--thanks.

I called and they had all rooms booked facing the port, but they did have a suite. I am very glad I called in advance. Thanks to your advice, all of you.

Jim/Stan, I take your recommendations seriously! LOL, from Connecticut to you--thanks.

I called and they had all rooms booked facing the port, but they did have a suite. I am very glad I called in advance. Thanks to your advice, all of you.

You're going to love it!

Promise me that you'll make a reservation at Il Gabbiano (walkable from the Intercontinental).

Il-Gabbiano-Yoa-Art.jpg

Go at dusk, and ask for the Terrace......absolute heaven!

http://www.ilgabbianomia.com/

Caroldoll,

We live here in Miami and the International is a great Hotel.

If you are here for two nights please let me suggest Wolfgangs Steakhouse. It is located right underneath Il Gabbiano and the terrace right on the water, is the perfect place to enjoy their steak for two! We were there two weeks ago and it was, as always, fantastic. By the way, you may be able to get stone crabs there too. It is a much finer restaurant than Trulucks which we also go to in Fll. It is in walking distance from the hotel which is also a plus.

Enjoy your stay in our beautiful city.

Edited by dlouise

However, did you try Trulucks? We have always gone there in Lauderdale and love them. They have stone crabs which we can't get here in California. I am making a notation for Il Gabano though.

LOVE Trulucks! Both in Naples and Miami.

-but we can't get out of there without referencing Polo

Also on top of the Marriott Marquis is a very nice hotel called the Hotel Beaux Arts Miami (it's also part of Marriott). We had a view of the Port and could see the ship in the morning. Great location, great restaurants within walking.

Rick