RCCL credit card

wezie

I just received an email about getting $100 OBC on my cruise if I get a RCCL credit card. If I do this, will I still be entitled to the $150 OBC I am receiving because of the sale at the time I booked the cruise of will I just be allowed one or the other?

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Here is the fine print on the $100 OBC. I have had the card for 9 years and love it. Some will say there are others out there with better perks but I like this card and it does not have a yearly fee.

Bonus Points Offer. You will qualify for 10,000 one-time new Cardholder Bonus Points in addition to your basic Points if you use your new credit card account to make at least one transaction that posts to your account no later than 65 days after the account after the account is opened. This one-time promotion is limited to new customers opening an account in response to this offer. Other advertised promotional bonus points offers can vary from this promotion and may not be substituted. Bonus Points are credited to your account approximately 6-8 weeks after you qualify and they will count towards your maximum Yearly Points earnings limits. The value of this reward may constitute taxable income to you. You may be issued an Internal Revenue Service Form 1099 (or other appropriate form) that reflects the value of such reward. Please consult your tax advisor, as neither Royal Caribbean, Bank of America, its affiliates, nor their employees provide tax advice.

Hi -

we just got the RCCL card, in anticipation of our cruise in 2015. Does anyone know what a "qualifying purchase" means? Can it be anything? Also, I was reading the info that came with the card, and I saw that if you get 15,000 points, you can only get OBC for Celebrity not RCL?!Am I reading that wrong? If we don't earn a lot of points what are the benefits? Do you have to turn in points to get the 2 for 1 airfare?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Hi -

we just got the RCCL card, in anticipation of our cruise in 2015. Does anyone know what a "qualifying purchase" means? Can it be anything? Also, I was reading the info that came with the card, and I saw that if you get 15,000 points, you can only get OBC for Celebrity not RCL?!Am I reading that wrong? If we don't earn a lot of points what are the benefits? Do you have to turn in points to get the 2 for 1 airfare?

Thanks for your help!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Qualifying purchase means anything. Here is the link for the rewards. It is posted on the RCL website

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/en_US/pdf/visa/royal_awards_chart_web_08.20.2013.pdf

I got the card specifically for the $100 dollar credit and have it applied to our up coming cruise. I do not use a credit card often so plan on canceling it

soon. To earn $50 you have to spend $5000 and any money spent on RCCL will earn you double points…...

My advise to anyone who has this card is to get rid of it and be done with it. Get a Capital One card and pay all your bills and purchases with it. Do your homework and learn about Capital One. Basically you get 2% of all your purchases towards any type of travel. I get $3000 worth of free travel every year. No standing on your head, and jumping through hoops like the RCCL card. Capital One is a very simple process.

• 5 weeks later...
So I got the card and made a bunch of purchases. Does anyone know when and how I will get the $100 OBC? I am not sure what to do now....

At the end of the first or maybe second billing period, you should see 10,000 points on your statement. Once you see the points, use this website to redeem them for OBC:

https://www.managerewardsonline.com/RMSapp/Ctl/entry?pid=grprwd&mc=RCCL

Edited by clarea