Chefs table--please explain

Luvsprincess

Never did the Chef Table. But on Princess website I put it in the search. I saw a wonderful video of it on the Royal. Wow it is ellegant! Looks like you have to dress up formally to do it? How much is it on the Royal? Without alcohol?

What is the menu? Which nights do they offer it? Do you get to pick a night or do they choose for you? What if you celebrate a birthday?

The menu changes, it has been 3 menus that the MD will choose one. Its held when they can fit it in, not set nights so it could be any night. Its first come first served so if you want to do it sign up as soon as you board. It's luck of the draw so you may not get it if there are a ton of people wanting it.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

• 3 months later...

Do let them know if you have any allergies etc and check the menu beforehand,confirming it if you have dislikes as the main course is compulsory when you are there. We had no allergies and the main course was rib of beef,fine.But when we got there it had been changed to veal without our knowledge. We dont eat veal and they got very cross with us. Making me feel embarrassed in front of everyone.we had lamb chops from the MDR brought in,with what I can only describe as buffet vegetables....potato croquettes and poor vegs.it was like a punishment.

It was so bad we almost felt like we were the guilty ones and I will never do that again.This was on the Star.

Edited by janecambridge

Do let them know if you have any allergies etc and check the menu beforehand,confirming it if you have dislikes as the main course is compulsory when you are there. We had no allergies and the main course was rib of beef,fine.But when we got there it had been changed to veal without our knowledge. We dont eat veal and they got very cross with us. Making me feel embarrassed in front of everyone.we had lamb chops from the MDR brought in,with what I can only describe as buffet vegetables....potato croquettes and poor vegs.it was like a punishment.

It was so bad we almost felt like we were the guilty ones and I will never do that again.This was on the Star.

That's dreadful, did you have a quiet word with the maître d afterwards? I hope they didn't charge you.

Never did the Chef Table. ... Looks like you have to dress up formally to do it? ...

Absolutely not. For my CT, I thought I'd "semi-dress up" with slacks, dress shirt and tie. When the group met to begin our tour of the galley, and then dinner itself, I discovered I was way over dressed! The other men in the group had on slacks and polo shirts, one even wore jeans. I still think I was dressed appropriately for a dinner that I paid $95 for!

Edited by Treven

Hello. Anyone know if Coral has Chefs table? And the cost?

Thanks.

All Princess ships usually have the CT for $95/pp. except on the Royal & Regal where it's $115/pp. in their "ring of lights" Lumiere more secluded location in the dining room.

Edited by Astro Flyer

Two questions: Do passengers still wear chef coats while in the kitchen? Can a person with the all inclusive drink package purchase the Chef's Table at the "without wine" price and use the package to cover the drinks?

Thanks

You can request, but its up to the MD and EC if they want to give 6 slots to one group.
On our 7 day Alaskan cruise on the Golden in September of 2012 they only had one CT due to lack of demand. It was ourselves, one other couple and a group of 6 ladies traveling together. You never know what will happen on you particular cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

• 2 weeks later...

Oh my goodness that is terrible,So sorry for your discomfort! I would have felt the same :(

Edited by Reader0108598

Absolutely not. For my CT, I thought I'd "semi-dress up" with slacks, dress shirt and tie. When the group met to begin our tour of the galley, and then dinner itself, I discovered I was way over dressed! The other men in the group had on slacks and polo shirts, one even wore jeans. I still think I was dressed appropriately for a dinner that I paid $95 for!

I'm sorry, but I don't believe that "doesn't look like he just mowed the lawn" equals "way overdressed."

Two questions: Do passengers still wear chef coats while in the kitchen? Can a person with the all inclusive drink package purchase the Chef's Table at the "without wine" price and use the package to cover the drinks?

Thanks

Yes on the coats, they will deduct $15 or $20 for no alcohol.

I don't see why you could not use the package to get your drinks.